Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: TrackIR  (Read 66335 times)

foobie42

Re: TrackIR
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2013, 12:36:24 pm »

Confirmed working with software version 5 and TIR4. Will do some more tests with TIR5 device.

foobie42

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2013, 04:20:21 pm »

Confirmed working with TIR5 and latest software.

Deallocating the DLL address space/handle might leave some leaks anyway since NPClient might malloc. I'm not sure if it does but cannot discount the possibility.

Dino1981

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2013, 04:09:07 pm »

I love Outerra, and even with the simple Cessna cockpit I love to fly here. I have a TrackIR 4 device and would be happy, if I could use it. I don't understand the code, which is written here.

Can someone please tell us what to do, to get TrackIR working in Outerra, perhaps Cameni himself?

THX

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2013, 04:37:03 pm »

We need to create an input plugin system where this can be plugged as a third party addon, to avoid any potential legal issues. Should be done soon as it's also needed elsewhere.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2013, 09:20:56 pm »

Should be done soon as it's also needed elsewhere.

Read... OCULUS RIFT BITCHES!!
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2013, 01:54:14 am »

Oculus will be supported natively .. they aren't asking everyone to sign a NDA to get rid of competition.

foobie42

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2013, 07:29:09 am »

Can you support the FreeTrack interface natively or through a plugin?

https://sourceforge.net/p/facetracknoir/codegit/ci/posix/tree/ftnoir_tracker_rift/

Above are Rift plugin sources from FaceTrackNoIR.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2013, 07:44:34 am »

As long as the license is permissible we can support it natively. If FaceTrackNoIR provides an abstract interface that will then enable us supporting anything that FaceTrackNoIR supports - that would be nice.

foobie42

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2013, 07:53:48 am »

FaceTrackNoIR can communicate using "protocols" with games. As such, you may either "borrow" the tracker code itself for native support of some tracker, like Rift, -or- support one of the protocols we support, for supporting everything FaceTrackNoIR supports. If you're interested in FreeTrack itself, here's a C implementation, should be plenty of info how to interface with it:

https://sourceforge.net/p/facetracknoir/codegit/ci/posix/tree/freetrackclient/freetrackclient.cpp

And here's the data mapping used by FreeTrack:

https://sourceforge.net/p/facetracknoir/codegit/ci/posix/tree/ftnoir_protocol_ft/fttypes.h

Please keep in mind not to access the FTMemMap stuffies unless you want to limit your FT support to NoIR, original FreeTrack doesn't have those data members. They're postioned *after* the original struct, as such, there's limited compatiblity between these 2 programs.

Finally, here's the Linux mapping code:

https://sourceforge.net/p/facetracknoir/codegit/ci/posix/tree/ftnoir_protocol_wine/

Note: Despite the confusing name, the Wine protocol is useful for native games, NoIR has an X-Plane plugin using the same protocol.

Here's the architecture of the program:

- trackers provide tracking data from a sensor
- filters remove jitter from input
- protocols supply data to games

If you need clarifications about licensing from original authors of some code parts, can contact them directly.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 08:13:17 am by foobie42 »

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2013, 09:12:30 am »

Thanks, we'll take a look at it.

foobie42

« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2013, 10:24:30 am »

Linux platform currently lacks a standardized way to access headpose data from a sensor.

Are you interested in taking part of informally creating a de-facto standard? I've been in contact with other developer and he proposed we do something about it. Last thing we all want is another platform under crippling monopoly? Of course, same standard can be applied to other platforms.

cheers,
-sh

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2013, 01:27:46 am »

Is the TIR support included somewhere in there? Would be good to have a single interface.
We may create an input plugin that supports FaceTrackNoIR using one of its protocols, I guess FT or FTN. The configuration should remain outside, there will be only a mapping in OT controls.

As for Linux - yes, it would be good to use a common intelligently designed API with other developers. But then it would be good to have a multiplatform lib from the start.

foobie42

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2013, 01:46:43 am »

There's no TIR support in FTNOIR because of Windows requirement for signed drivers, because the company manufacturing the device is known to be litigious, and finally, because someone would have to do the work.

There's a TIR driver in the linux-track project however, but only for Linux and Mac.

If you're also speaking of NPClient reverse-engineered sources, they're kept private, to help avoid legal harassment by the aforementioned company.

FreeTrack can actually work on Linux, with use of the 'ftnoir_compat' library in the posix branch. It provides a uniform way to access mutexes and shared memory mappings between platforms. After that, all that's required is changing windows.h non-standard stuffies to their ANSI/POSIX equivalents, maybe also some calling convention preprocessor macros and some other implementation details.

PS Linux support most likely won't make it into FaceTrackNoIR due to original author's objections, therefore we've forked the project as https://github.com/opentrack/opentrack

zaelu

• free-track user
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2013, 04:14:01 am »

I also wish for head tracking support in Outerra.

I use Freetrack for other games and freetrack can export data with more than one interface, TIR, Freetrack, Mouse, MSFX. In Outerra I used it as mouse export but is very limited, has no proper reset to center and drifts around and... no 6DoF of course.

Freetrack is supported by many games, unfortunately I am not a programmer and I don't know exactly how it is done. DCS World has a "headtracker.dll" file that makes the link between the game and the program.

Facetracknoir has now took the freetrack development and further updates to the tracker interface will be made by the team behind "Facetracknoir" http://facetracknoir.sourceforge.net/

However the original Freetrack source code can still be found on the site of freetrack: http://www.free-track.net/english/

direct link would be this:

https://camil.dyndns.org/svn/freetrack/tags/V2.2/

If needed I try to gather cross-reference on DCS forums on how the new updated dll was build or something.

foobie42

« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2013, 04:26:40 am »

No worries, we'll get the interface done once Outerra exports 6DOF API. There's already a plugin for X-Plane for Linux where there's no head-tracking protocol of any kind, other than for Wine games. I'll try to backport it in time for FaceTrackNoIR 1.8!

As for the FreeTrack confusion, FaceTrackNoIR supports the same protocol as FreeTrack, but doesn't supersede the original software in any way. The '2.0' number perhaps is the source of confusion :(

DCS DLL talks the FreeTrack protocol on Windows, but ideally we'd get it working for all platforms.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 04:30:10 am by foobie42 »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7