Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]

Author Topic: Démo screens  (Read 204170 times)

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Démo screens
« Reply #360 on: January 10, 2012, 12:57:40 pm »

So Anteworld will be released together with the tech demo?
That's interesting.   8)
The tech demo will be a restricted version of the game, with ufo and truck for some basic exploration and general overview of how it performs. The game will have have the basic editors and will be more dynamically updated, as we implement the stuff. The demo won't be auto-updated in the same way as the game - it will receive only some critical fixes.

Quote from: secret1962
take my money I want preorder it please.
Paypal is in place already, though I tested it only with a sandbox Paypal server so far.
Please be patient, there's no one who would like to get it out more than us, but we need to ensure it doesn't all fall on our heads :)

Will you able us to translate it in our languages ? If so, I could help you with Italian.
One problem that I can see here is how to support multiple languages in software that evolves dynamically, in a way that will not hinder us. For example, when we change/add/delete text, which is in html, how to match it with the translations. The translations will have to be stored in separate files and loaded dynamically. I need to think about it more ...

[deleted]

« Reply #361 on: January 10, 2012, 01:04:23 pm »

So Anteworld will be released together with the tech demo?
That's interesting.   8)
The tech demo will be a restricted version of the game, with ufo and truck for some basic exploration and general overview of how it performs. The game will have have the basic editors and will be more dynamically updated, as we implement the stuff. The demo won't be auto-updated in the same way as the game - it will receive only some critical fixes.

Quote from: secret1962
take my money I want preorder it please.
Paypal is in place already, though I tested it only with a sandbox Paypal server so far.
Please be patient, there's no one who would like to get it out more than us, but we need to ensure it doesn't all fall on our heads :)

Will you able us to translate it in our languages ? If so, I could help you with Italian.
One problem that I can see here is how to support multiple languages in software that evolves dynamically, in a way that will not hinder us. For example, when we change/add/delete text, which is in html, how to match it with the translations. The translations will have to be stored in separate files and loaded dynamically. I need to think about it more ...

At least let us try it before 21 december.

mctash

« Reply #362 on: January 10, 2012, 01:18:38 pm »

For example, when we change/add/delete text, which is in html, how to match it with the translations. The translations will have to be stored in separate files and loaded dynamically. I need to think about it more ...

Could you move the HTML creation from client to server? Then you could use php to create it all dynamically.

Köngen

« Reply #363 on: January 27, 2012, 06:35:16 pm »

Could I see a screenshot of lat=19.358441 lon=166.570587 facing south east? Battlefield players will know what I'm on about :P

Jagerbomber

« Reply #364 on: January 27, 2012, 09:50:15 pm »

lol Wake Island.  I would, but I won't be home until next week.  :-\
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

Cole

« Reply #365 on: May 12, 2012, 01:27:39 am »

So currently Outerra is being developed, and people who pre-order are pre-ordering Anteworld?

When the full version of Anteworld comes out I'll get that?

And all the current scenery and cars, planes and whatnot are just to test out the engine and add effect for those who pre-order?

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #366 on: May 12, 2012, 02:06:19 am »

So currently Outerra is being developed, and people who pre-order are pre-ordering Anteworld?

Yes, you are funding the development of the engine, pre-ordering the "game" Anteworld and Beta-Testing all aspects of the engine as the game is developed.

When the full version of Anteworld comes out I'll get that?

Yes, when the game is officially done the price will double but you will already own it so you don't need to buy it again.

And all the current scenery and cars, planes and whatnot are just to test out the engine and add effect for those who pre-order?

Well the scenery will change/update as the game gets updated and changes. The vehicles will come and go and change as well. Hopefully all for the better. Right now the Free version only gets the truck and other stable things. The beta stuff that might break or have issues is for us to critique and troubleshoot. That is why we get WIP grass and not the demo people.

"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]