Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Animated Static Obj with Event Triggers  (Read 4264 times)

Uriah

• Global Moderator
  • We do these things not because they are easy. -JFK
Animated Static Obj with Event Triggers
« on: December 24, 2014, 10:30:55 am »

As part of my rocket mod I discovered how to initialize aircraft/vehicles at a specified position and orientation. Like Levi's wind turbine, I need static objects which are animated, namely the Mobile Service Tower and Fixed Umbilical Tower for the launch pad. As with the turbine vehicles are removed from the world upon reloading the game so we can use this spawn scrip to initialize them in the correct position. Not only that but I can call variables from any aircraft/vehicle so I can trigger events, such has the Mobile Service tower rolling on it's track into launch position and the Umbilical Tower retracting just before launch.

I will upload a simple example to demonstrate the capabilities. Hopefully I can add an initialize script to the world so when the game loads these objects are initialized. For now you will have to spawn them, but the object will be placed automatically.

Regards,
Uriah

HiFlyer

Re: Animated Static Obj with Event Triggers
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2014, 10:48:17 am »

!!!!!!!

Maybe the developers should hire you!  ;D
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Uriah

• Global Moderator
  • We do these things not because they are easy. -JFK
Re: Animated Static Obj with Event Triggers
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2014, 11:08:09 am »

Actually Cameni will have to take the credit here for the most part. I am happy to contribute time and develop new features. Instead of many plug-and-play type mutually exclusive objects, we need ones which can interact even if JSBSim and Bullet cannot  physically collide yet. Multi vehicle event triggers could provide a moderate level of interactivity.

The position/orientation script alone will be very useful but I am hoping to provide way more functionality than that.

Happy holidays everyone!!!

-Uriah