Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Poll

Would you like the game to be more arcade or more realistic?

Arcade
- 2 (33.3%)
Realistic
- 4 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: The Road Warriors  (Read 4111 times)

cernuska

The Road Warriors
« on: December 29, 2014, 07:29:21 am »

Hi Guys!

Currently I'm looking for the people that'd help me with the development of my game. It's gonna be MMO in the style of the Mad Max movie that you'll drive agile vehicles mostly the buggy style with mounted guns mostly in the desert like environment for good vehicle passability in the post apocalyptic world. It'd be similar like famous World of Tanks or newer War Thunder : Ground Forces but it'd happen on much larger map and with much more opponents so this plus agile vehicles and not slow tanks will create much more fun and much better entertainment than those titles do. Main reason why I want to create this game is to make it commercially successful and not to just make another indie title for my own entertainment in my spare time. So good predisposition to success of this game is it's similarity to before mentioned famous and successful titles. So I'm determined to work on this title full time and I'm looking for another people that'd like to be engaged and make some money. Currently I've no budget yet but I want to create crowd funding website to raise money for the development and later I want to create professional Kickstarter campaign to raise money for further development and to raise quality to industry standard level and to hire internal staff. So you'll not need to wait for your money until the entire development cycle is done or wait whether the game turns into success or not but we will raise first money right after the crowd funding website will be done so you should get your first money pretty much sooner than even the demo itself will be done. I'll take care about everything but mainly I'll manage the entire project with aim on marketing and financing the project. So what I need most now is the web designer, copy writer and SEO expert to create crowd funding website to start raising money for the development and the game/graphic designers/artists to create demo of the game to convince the people/audience that this project is viable and there is the good reason to back this project. The demo should consist of just single vehicle with mounted gun and multiplayer support or at least AI opponents so the users can drive and shoot at his opponents to try a bit of taste of the final product to convince them to back this project. So if there is anybody out there who likes this idea and want to be actively engaged in this project regardless of his specialization then contact me please. I need everybody from the game development area up to marketing/business side of the project. Even if you don't know to help any other way just spreading the word to create attention and awareness among the people/audience or give just the advice how to take off this project and turn it into reality would be highly appreciated.

So thank you guys very much for your attention and have a nice day.

You can contact me at:

cernuska@gmail.com

King regards,

Peter Cernuska
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 05:11:22 pm by cernuska »

necro

• google+ Blog
Re: Mad Max : The Road Warrior
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 02:43:28 pm »

Please tell us more about you. If people shall spend their spare free time for your own commercial profit, they may know who you are and which skills you are bending. Did you lead projects to success yet? Do you have any experiences in creating games? Will the copy right be a problem? You want to place your game in an existing universe, so probably you have to handle copy rights.

cernuska

Re: Mad Max : The Road Warrior
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2014, 04:59:34 pm »

My name is Peter Cernuska and I'm 37 years old guy from Slovakia and I have almost no experience in the game development yet but I can help with the business/marketing side of the project. The raised money is intended to be spend mainly for you the game developers for the development of the project not for me and I intend to share the profit with the community so anybody can contribute to the game development and send me some stuff he created like vehicles and other assets that can be used for the game and other stuff like better physics, multiplayer support etc. even in the case if it hasn't been intended for this project but it's suitable. And when the game will be released I still plan to keep it implementing into the main game so the community itself can shape it by their own taste and they'll still get paid for it and if it'll not be used in the main game then they can create various mods of the game and take the whole profit out of it. About the copyrights "Mad Max : The Road Warrior" is just the code name of the project to attract attention among game dev community and the actual name of the game will be just "The Road Warriors".

Jagerbomber

Re: The Road Warriors
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2014, 08:34:26 pm »

Ah... if only 'saying' wasn't so much easier than 'doing'...   ::) :P

Anyways, doesn't Avalanche/WB already have a Mad Max game coming next year?
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

cernuska

Re: The Road Warriors
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2014, 08:58:01 pm »

Yes but not massive multiplayer on a huge map with completely different gameplay where players freely roam the realistic map and shoot at each other along the ride and can join clans or play solo on top of that.