Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: multy object  (Read 3781 times)

konaone

multy object
« on: December 29, 2014, 11:30:48 am »

Hello everyone !!!
Some questions for the importation of an object (helicopter).
I saw in the video , of Pytonpago, you can import objects with different options, for example I can import a helicopter with various devices underwing (rocket launchers, fuel tank , guided missiles, which then occupy the same space) that overlap. Similarly, it is possible to simulate the setting in motion of the main rotor, using three different models of rotor? the first starts from zero speed of rotation, the second with an intermediate speed and finally the third, the fastest ??

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
Re: multy object
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 02:46:34 pm »

Some of the aircraft has it exactly that way - first a model of the propeller, witch rotates till a certain RPM and then its hidden, whyle the second one (a texture of a speed-deluted optical effect of the rotor spinning) is shown and rotating ... you can find the hiding script in the .js file somewhere, and see a texture file of that deluted one in some of the .dds texture-files.

... yes, additional object hiding goes on the fly too, you just need each of it to be a separate mesh and define it in script.
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

konaone

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 09:53:24 am »

Thank you very much PytonPago!
I have a model helicopter interesting, I will post shortly pictures of 3ds max you soon ....... ...... Happy New Year!!!.............. :D Happy New Year to all

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2014, 12:34:23 pm »

Thank you very much PytonPago!
I have a model helicopter interesting, I will post shortly pictures of 3ds max you soon ....... ...... Happy New Year!!!.............. :D Happy New Year to all

... hmm ... would be fine to have another helo in OT, after all, all other things (maybe accept a working character) are imported already. :D
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.