Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Import vehicle into Outerra (paid job)  (Read 7949 times)

cernuska

Import vehicle into Outerra (paid job)
« on: December 30, 2014, 03:28:49 pm »

Hi Guys!

I'm looking for somebody who could import this vehicle into Outerra or create similar in the Mad Max style but with the machine gun possible to rotate 360".

Further I need to make the gun works with flying projectiles ( best by realistic ballistic curve ) with the animation of flame from the muzzle and with realistic sound.

Then I need to make the visual damage of the vehicle after it's shot and animation of the explosion of the vehicle after it's fully damaged and then the wreck will burn for a while and then it slowly disappear from the map.

Lastly I need online multiplayer support so there could roam few players on the map possibly along the AI but not necessarily. 

Send me your rates for before mentioned tasks you can handle ( you don't need to handle all tasks necessarily ) with time estimation when it'd be done along with your references so I can check it first because I want the game in high quality.

I want to make multiplayer game in the style of Mad Max so if there is somebody who'd like to participate on this project then let me know please.

HiFlyer

Re: Import vehicle into Outerra (paid job)
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 04:32:52 pm »

If serious, you should probably be speaking to the developers........
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

cernuska

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 05:23:27 pm »

I did already just didn't get the reply yet.

necro

• google+ Blog
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2014, 01:44:27 am »

Just one hint: Rotating the mg 360° doesnt make sense. It would be disturbed by the chassis and facing the mg backwards would aim the gun to the dude on the chair. After cutting him in two pieces.

I will tell you whats possible yet:

[v] Importing the vehicle into OT
[v] Script the vehicle to make it driveable
[ ] Rotating the gun by mouselook
[ ] Animating projectiles by the gun
[ ] Damaging vehicles
[ ] Add visual decals on the vehicle (to create illusion of damage)
[ ] Burning and explosion
[ ] Multiplayer and online functionality

This is stuff for a complete game. You wont find someone for all tasks. And i also have more bad news for you. The devs wont have time for your tasks. So you will have to wait until the development feature is released.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 02:58:36 am by necro »

HiFlyer

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2014, 02:29:09 am »

I agree with Necro in everything except when he says the developers won't have the time. Most of what he is asking are things that will probably be needed for TitanIM (think of armed Humvees) so I think there is a possibility they may be interested or already working on many of those functionalities.
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

necro

• google+ Blog
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2014, 03:04:31 am »

I didnt meant the TitanIM Team with devs. Of course the TitanIM team is working on all of this. But they wont make it for cernuska, so there are no devs who have time for realising his ideas. But as i said. Maybe he get someone for the first two steps.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2014, 03:32:50 am »

I did already just didn't get the reply yet.

We haven't seen any email from you. Anyway, the reply would be standard - the engine is not yet ready for general (game) licensing, and we are currently only licensing it to some special projects where we are directly participating and providing custom support, and we carefully select these.

As for the idea, all game developers are receiving similar requests regularly - usually aiming for a MMO (hardest and most risky of all types of games), usually no experience with game design and programming and therefore no real idea how much something like that takes, and so on.
Basically expecting that an inexperienced person would lead around a hundred professional developers to implement his idea. That can "work" only in one case: http://www.quora.com/How-do-I-create-an-MMORPG/answer/Feifei-Wang-6?srid=dkRR

That How-do-I-create-an-MMORPG thread is generally a good resource with answers from people in the know, but it's not something people want to read ...

I agree with Necro in everything except when he says the developers won't have the time. Most of what he is asking are things that will probably be needed for TitanIM (think of armed Humvees) so I think there is a possibility they may be interested or already working on many of those functionalities.

Sure, much of that will be eventually developed, but these are just basic things an engine must have for any game. I love how multiplayer and online functionality is just another bullet. TitanIM develops their own networking, as the requirements and situation is different in closed environment of military simulations - no need to deal with making it hack proof. Networking for a MMO, and one that's not instanced but really supporting a global world, that's very hard to get right. And that's just one part. MMOs are so broad in scope that it really needs a big developer and lots of funds, and it's still the most risky game business.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2014, 04:07:49 am »

"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2014, 04:38:52 am »

TitanIM develops their own networking, as the requirements and situation is different in closed environment of military simulations - no need to deal with making it hack proof.

Is it so vulnerable in their design ? ... true, that they usually use it on isolated networks and under total control of the sets. 

Just one hint: Rotating the mg 360° doesnt make sense. It would be disturbed by the chassis and facing the mg backwards would aim the gun to the dude on the chair. After cutting him in two pieces.

Also, the frame of the vehicle isnt designed for a modification for 360 capability - a bit too small (not wide enough as probably the biggest issue for that purpose) ... MGs have a lot of back-slash power, so the frame has to cope whyte it in any angle of operation - the buggy is just designed to keep it clear for frontal fire trough the very suspension its standing on.

Something like this is required for full 360:

Unless you want to flip it over whyte the MG at speeds.  ::)

There is still a lot of waiting for some of the features ... the pure model-side of it could be done (maybe even some light scripting for handling damage-meshes to switch visible, but still not due to external influence yet - well, maybe some that could be defined trough the vehicles speed behavior would go too (like hitting something that halts you instantly beyond a certain speed)) but you have to be patient till a real fight capable MP comes out.
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.