Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Outerra as a rendering engine of predefined trajectories and events  (Read 4134 times)

mruize85

I am simulating (upper) atmospheric vehicle dynamics using custom tools. For now I have not any rendering facilities, except 2D and 3D simple plotting tools. I need to render predefined (invariant) trajectories, events, and optionally, graphic effects as engine fire and smoke, contrails, wingtip vortices, etc. I have seen your graphics engine and I have to say I am really impressed, but if I am not mistaken it does not offer this capability. Are you going to implement some facility for this type of work?

Thanks.

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
Re: Outerra as a rendering engine of predefined trajectories and events
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 11:36:52 am »

I am simulating (upper) atmospheric vehicle dynamics using custom tools. For now I have not any rendering facilities, except 2D and 3D simple plotting tools. I need to render predefined (invariant) trajectories, events, and optionally, graphic effects as engine fire and smoke, contrails, wingtip vortices, etc. I have seen your graphics engine and I have to say I am really impressed, but if I am not mistaken it does not offer this capability. Are you going to implement some facility for this type of work?

Thanks.

... yes, its all planed, but the engine is still early in development for any "enhanced" stuff yet. Some simple ballistics and particle effects are shown in the "crater gun" feature, but tools to define your own are yet to come ...
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

mruize85

Re: Outerra as a rendering engine of predefined trajectories and events
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 01:23:08 pm »

So for now I'm stuck with the current method. It will be nice when you implement this feature. Gladly I would pay a license for the use of your amazing software. Thanks.