Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: [Released] F-117A Nighthawk  (Read 71939 times)

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
Re: [WIP] F-117A Nighthawk
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2015, 07:54:52 am »

Looks good, my only critique is that military navigation lights (red/green wingtip lights) don't flash like strobes but instead just alternate on-off, but most of the time navigation lights should be steady.
Yes, that's right. And from what I've seen, on this particular aircraft those lights are steady. I've made them flash just for testing purposes. :)

bongodriver

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2015, 10:24:30 am »

Roger that........carry on :)

bomber

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2015, 01:24:28 pm »

http://target4today.com/index.php/downloads/download/2-t4t-mod-files/2-outerra-files

Levi, put some arc lights on the front of this and let's go ocean floor exploring.. B-)
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

Uriah

• Global Moderator
  • We do these things not because they are easy. -JFK
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2015, 03:50:46 pm »

Actually many military aircraft use the red nav lights as taxi pre take off in strobe mode, after which they are switched to nav mode. It depends on the particular country of origin and specific aircraft. The MiG29 uses the red nav lights in strobe more until right before take off, especially during carrier operations and low visibility conditions.

Regards,
Uriah

bongodriver

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2015, 05:42:30 pm »

I'm sure there is some confusion here, what you describe is semi true but only in relation to the anti-collision beacon, during ground operation the beacon is red but once airborne it is switched to white (mostly automatically), the navigation lights referred to in this case are the red and green wingtip lights for port/starboard, they are not strobe lights and only in some military aircraft are they set to a pulsing light, but this is not a strobe effect but rather a cycling from on to off.
I am a commercial pilot and flying instructor, hopefully I haven't forgotten any of this stuff.

aWac9

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2015, 06:19:50 pm »

also depends on the time,,there was a time we had no lights

:)

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2015, 01:29:38 am »

I'm sure there is some confusion here, what you describe is semi true but only in relation to the anti-collision beacon, during ground operation the beacon is red but once airborne it is switched to white (mostly automatically), the navigation lights referred to in this case are the red and green wingtip lights for port/starboard, they are not strobe lights and only in some military aircraft are they set to a pulsing light, but this is not a strobe effect but rather a cycling from on to off.
I am a commercial pilot and flying instructor, hopefully I haven't forgotten any of this stuff.

... would be nice to have some list of lights/modes for specific aircrafts. Doe, bad is, that probably even export or version-variations can probably have some changes in the set-up too.
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2015, 06:34:43 am »

http://target4today.com/index.php/downloads/download/2-t4t-mod-files/2-outerra-files

Levi, put some arc lights on the front of this and let's go ocean floor exploring.. B-)
That thing only wants to go in to the space, I can't control it down on Earth...

Also, it seems that the lights don't illuminate the ocean floor:

bomber

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2015, 07:23:29 am »

Wow Levi you sure?

It's supposed to be neutrally bouant... And it works fine on my machine.

Mixture control for reverse.
Throttle control forward.
Side ways control, up n down and rotate...

It's a flight model for a very large Capital space ship.... Like the Enterprise.

"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2015, 07:54:57 am »

It's a flight model for a very large Capital space ship.... Like the Enterprise.

... HAS SALT-WATER IN ENGINES.  =D  =D  =D  =D
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2015, 08:28:28 am »

Wow Levi you sure?

It's supposed to be neutrally bouant... And it works fine on my machine.

Mixture control for reverse.
Throttle control forward.
Side ways control, up n down and rotate...

Ah, that's how you pilot it. It's working now. For some reason I was spawning it too close to the ground, kicking me in to the space. :facepalm:

Here you have it exploring the Grand Canyon until lights can illuminate the ocean floor:

Code: [Select]
function initialize(reload){geom = this.get_geomob(0);jsb = this.jsb();snd = this.sound();
this.set_fps_camera_pos({x:0.0,y:50.0,z:4.5});
arc1 = this.add_spotlight_source({x:0,y:34.5,z:15}, {y:1}, 0.2, 50, 1.0, {x:30000,y:90000,z:90000}, 0.2);
arc2 = this.add_spotlight_source({x:-5.3,y:36.2,z:-3.8}, {x:-0.4,y:1}, 0.1, 50, 1.0, {x:2000,y:5000,z:5000}, 0.2);
arc3 = this.add_spotlight_source({x:5.3,y:36.2,z:-3.8}, {x:0.4,y:1}, 0.1, 50, 1.0, {x:2000,y:5000,z:5000}, 0.2);
this.light_toggle(arc1);
this.light_toggle(arc2);
this.light_toggle(arc3);
}

bomber

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2015, 08:31:12 am »

Thanks for the code..... Now I see what I'm doing wrong.

bomber

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2015, 03:30:09 pm »

can someone point me to the info on what these params do.... I can't work out the last set

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2015, 04:42:28 pm »

All those parameters are documented here in the wiki.

bomber

« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2015, 05:37:29 pm »

Not turning off.... what am I doing wrong.. ?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7