Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Forests  (Read 3537 times)

Avi

Forests
« on: January 24, 2015, 12:19:38 pm »

Has anyone here played The hunter? The forest floor and vegetation looks absolutely amazing. I wonder if such level of detail will be possible on Outerra. I definitely hope it will be or perhaps even better. From the dry river beds with rocks and pebbles to the tress, bushes and different varieties of smaller flowering plants. I would literally spend any amount of money to roam and explore the planet with such staggering detail through this remarkable engine. I hope all this becomes a possibility soon. Also realistic vehicle physics with deforming capabilities and most importantly realistic sound which I think is rather unrealistic currently. Kudos to Cameni and Angrypig for introducing this revolutionary piece of technology. I will always support this engine.

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
Re: Forests
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2015, 01:41:03 pm »

Remains to see, what they have in mind for it ... there probably will be some visible patterns in scattering stuff around as it will have to be procedurally generated, but if adding new vegetation-types will be well done, than the share number of stuff (and some individual scattering parameters for them) could break up such a feeling dramatically.
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.