Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Some pic of my city  (Read 4751 times)

Underrecover

Some pic of my city
« on: February 02, 2015, 02:44:32 pm »

I decide to make something interesting. So I try make something like this. I couldn't think anything by myself, so i decide to just try copy something from real world. I hope i will make more villages around or even all country, if it would ever be possible. As much for now it just beginning of what i am trying to achieve. By the way, country name is Latvia. I cant make it 100% perfect as it would be in real, because first i cant get same house models as in real life, and second it would take more time to make everything more detailed. Most interesting is that if you use Oculus Rift it seems pritty good. I will update more if i will get things bigger. By the way house models are not mine.

I will inform you, and post more about that as soon when it will be done.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 03:00:33 pm by Underrecover »

HiFlyer

Re: Some pic of my city
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 02:55:54 pm »

Cool!
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

aWac9

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 03:25:46 pm »

if that's kolka (Kolkasrags), there must be lots of snow

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 03:26:18 pm »

Nice little place ... also, are those rocky-formations in the water there too in real life ?
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2015, 03:37:11 pm »

Nice!

. I cant make it 100% perfect as it would be in real, because first i cant get same house models as in real life, and second it would take more time to make everything more detailed.
From my experience, an accurate road and building placement is enought to make you fell that the scenery is based on a real world location, even if you have never been there. You don't need to go too much in the detail to make it feel real :)

Good luck!

Nice little place ... also, are those rocky-formations in the water there too in real life ?

Nah, it's the arrowhead rock :)

Underrecover

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2015, 03:53:00 pm »

if that's kolka (Kolkasrags), there must be lots of snow

Yes it really is Kolkasrags, i am so surprised you guess that with out any problems, one thing is that there is no snow, mostly just clean sands and that's all, of course only on winter.

aWac9

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2015, 04:07:18 pm »

Cape Kolka, where the Baltic Sea and the Gulf of Riga, a very popular place for swimming meet, although there are waves. There is a curious lighthouse built on an artificial island within 5 kilometers of the coast, and in winter they say you can walk when the sea freezes.
There is a small hotel, restaurant, shops and a cash,,,, but I see girls anywhere ... 8)

« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 04:10:56 pm by aWac9 »

Underrecover

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2015, 04:15:26 pm »

Some of the rocks randomly spawn, so i suppose they are not where they suppose to be. Even rivers and lakes are in different places or don't even exist, so i hope for the best the new updates will make chance to make rivers, hills, trees and much more. It would make things much more realistic as in real life.