Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: A Simple Sketchup/3D Warehouse to Outerra Tutorial  (Read 16664 times)

M7

Re: A Simple Sketchup/3D Warehouse to Outerra Tutorial
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2014, 12:10:49 pm »

C:\Program Files (x86)\Outerra\Anteworld\

aWac9

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2015, 07:01:00 am »

M7

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2015, 10:28:58 am »

You have to be a pro at sketchup to have so many tools  :o

Yeah photomatch works quite well for modelling from photos. I once had to illustrate a building that was demolished and that only a few photos survived. I used photomatch to recreate the building so i could choose any angle to draw from. There is a similar tool in max, but i couldn't get it to work as well as sketchup.

Uriah

• Global Moderator
  • We do these things not because they are easy. -JFK
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2015, 08:56:10 pm »

That is incredible! I've seen a number of programs which have similar functionality.

I am very interested in using a tool like this for modeling simple buildings, bridges, towers, vehicles, etc. It makes it far easier to reproduce complex geometry without orthographic (3 view) imagery, which is difficult to find. I noticed that some images might need pre-processing, to take out camera perspective warp. Imaging processing software is available which lets you adjust a 3d wireframe box, so you match the edges of the box to the curvature of the perspective, and it calculates the warp and applies an anti warp effect to essentially produce an orthographic image. This solves the problem where perspective causes straight edges to appear curved, given angle in the camera's field of view, and distance. It would be great if such a feature could be integrated with photo match, so you could do pre-processing on the image before modeling.

There is a similar tool in max, but i couldn't get it to work as well as sketchup.

Was this feature added in 3ds Max 2014? I can't find it for 2013 or previous versions. I am about to purchase an Autodesk 3ds Max full license, so I can't wait to be able to use this feature!!!

Regards,
Uriah

M7

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2015, 11:45:15 pm »

Yep it's a feature that appeared in max 2014. It's called perspective match.

It's not clear the problem i had with it at the time, something about the reference photo moving or could't hold the exact same perspective view in the viewport. Now i'm thinking, i probably just needed to  set a camera to go back to the very same view.

Pages: 1 [2]