Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 33

Author Topic: Latest version: 0.8.4.6017  (Read 247166 times)

Acetone

• Youtube channel
Re: Latest version: 0.8.4.5233
« Reply #180 on: March 09, 2015, 01:18:10 pm »

I've totally forgot to mention that bug, but the "dirt" profile for the "level terrain" tool (buildings) is in fact the "dirt road 2 tracks" road profile.
It's a bit strange to have a single line of grass in the middle of a this  :)

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Latest version: 0.8.4.5372
« Reply #181 on: March 26, 2015, 02:07:33 pm »

Version 0.8.4.5372
  • ufo panning mode (shift-home toggle)
  • fixed video capture with swap_interval 1
  • fixed FBX normals import
  • fixed bone_id in add_spot_light and add_point_light plane and vehicle
  • pink mipmaps mode enabled with debug_keys only
  • fixed "dirt" building leveling
  • light_xxx_mask added optional mask offset to cope with limited mask range, fixed aircraft lights on reload
  • adjusted spotlight reflector lighting
  • added add_spot_light/add_point_light with light_params arg, optional intensity, range or both
  • fixed blackness with high light intensity (there's still some limit though)
  • added aircraft/vehicle set_pitch_roll
  • new input system doesn't work there yet, but iomap configs have been moved to a separate directory
  • fix for joystick pots that do not have neutral value at 0, only 4 pot positions can be assigned for now
  • geom::set_mesh_visible can hide multiple meshes with trailing @ or *
  • fixed sky in environment map
  • added pitch and roll to aircraft scenario window
  • adjusted rock coloring
  • updated SM11 lights, adjusted T817 cabin light to not light the terrain
  • enhanced CPU side object rendering perf
  • fixed crash in aircraft with missing JSBSim propulsion
  • fixed transparency vs clouds

Spotlight reflector lighting was adjusted so that the reflectors are better visible; previously you had a light that strongly illuminated ground but the reflector itself shone only weakly. Some vehicles will have to be adjusted.

add_spot_light/add_point_light - see t817.js for an example; you can specify intensity or range or both. If you specify just the range or just the intensity, the other value is computed automatically. If you specify both, you'll get unrealistic lighting that can nevertheless be useful when you want to have a higher intensity but a limited range.

DenisJ

• Кусь
    • VK Community
« Reply #182 on: March 26, 2015, 03:07:50 pm »

Wonderful, thank you!
If I understand correctly, this update brings ability to turn off pink coloring of old models, right?

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #183 on: March 26, 2015, 03:19:19 pm »

It's now turned off by default, unless you have debug_keys true (so mostly for mod makers).

josem75

« Reply #184 on: March 26, 2015, 03:44:33 pm »

Cameni, sorry but... did you change the rocks patterns??  Or just the textures? Now look 1000% more natural! I see a diferent pattern, i would say, less complex pattern, Now the erosion look more natural. I checked in the mountains near my place, also in himalayas, everest. I remember how they look before and now look much more natural.
What did you change exactly, only color made that big improve?

Its like colour is better adjusted, and not generating complex and crazy patterns. Also rocks now are not all the same color, like in one big piece, have little variations, like composed with many little rocks. So this make much more natural rocks.

I am reseeing again.. And i am totally sure.. I am seeing Everest. Before was a mountain really looking ugly.. Now looks like a real mountain!!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 04:03:51 pm by josem75 »

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #185 on: March 26, 2015, 04:03:36 pm »

The main change is that rocks are now taking color from the biome color map when there's little vegetation, otherwise they tend to be a lighter grayish color when there's more greenery around. Color and vegetation maps aren't perfectly matching, sometimes the color map is green in places but the vegetation map asserts that nothing is growing there. Because of that the formula for getting the rock color is a bit of heuristic magic :)

josem75

« Reply #186 on: March 26, 2015, 04:12:16 pm »

The main change is that rocks are now taking color from the biome color map when there's little vegetation, otherwise they tend to be a lighter grayish color when there's more greenery around. Color and vegetation maps aren't perfectly matching, sometimes the color map is green in places but the vegetation map asserts that nothing is growing there. Because of that the formula for getting the rock color is a bit of heuristic magic :)

So.. Anybody remember Everest looking like that?? That good?? What i remember was a mess.. 

« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 04:19:03 pm by josem75 »

josem75

« Reply #187 on: March 26, 2015, 04:26:04 pm »

Cameni, it seems you really touch some magic key.. Those mountains look like mountains now. Of course they can have more erosion, etc, for being so tall mountains, but atleast look much better now than before. They look more real.
I always had the thinking, the textures and colors in mountains was not matching perfect with the mesh, and sometimes it was something messy. Not natural

You know what they only need now? A new snow layer, or ice layer, that can get in action in some heigh you can configure, in adition with the normal snow we have now. This ice layer can have the ability of keep in the rocks in almost 90º angles. And being ice in high altitude, can be a bit diferent from the snow, more blue, etc. 
Then we would have the himalayas almost like real. 
I have a list of ideas that i want to post soon. So i will add this idea too )))

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #188 on: March 26, 2015, 04:56:08 pm »

POV still not working for me.

Are there controls with POVs based on potentiometers, just as the analog sticks, and thus give a wide range of values? Mine has just four push buttons.
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

2eyed

« Reply #189 on: March 26, 2015, 04:57:53 pm »

For me, it looks like not only rock colors have changed but also rock shape. No more or less bulged and overhanging rocks.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #190 on: March 26, 2015, 05:06:40 pm »

For me, it looks like not only rock colors have changed but also rock shape. No more or less bulged and overhanging rocks.
Ouch, I forgot to remove a debug value that disabled the rock displacement.

HiFlyer

« Reply #191 on: March 26, 2015, 05:07:06 pm »

Are there controls with POVs based on potentiometers, just as the analog sticks, and thus give a wide range of values? Mine has just four push buttons.

Waaaaayyyyyyy out in the middle of knowhere, Outerra informs me that Angrypig barn2 does not exist. Where you keeping Angrypig in a barn?  :o
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #192 on: March 26, 2015, 05:15:43 pm »

Waaaaayyyyyyy out in the middle of knowhere, Outerra informs me that Angrypig barn2 does not exist. Where you keeping Angrypig in a barn?  :o

???

What?
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #193 on: March 26, 2015, 05:16:38 pm »

... and we want the coordinates of the B.A.R.N. I system placement ...  =D
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

HiFlyer

« Reply #194 on: March 26, 2015, 05:24:40 pm »

Waaaaayyyyyyy out in the middle of knowhere, Outerra informs me that Angrypig barn2 does not exist. Were you keeping Angrypig in a barn?  :o

???

What?

May be a bug. When in pause mode, wsda movement keys work correctly. Unpaused, I get a message about Angrypigs barn.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 05:30:10 pm by HiFlyer »
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 33