Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33

Author Topic: Latest version: 0.8.4.6017  (Read 247272 times)

Planets

Re: Latest version: 0.8.4.6017
« Reply #450 on: December 07, 2015, 08:17:12 pm »

God I love this new scenery editor!

Before I had the hardest time ever working with the single largest object in Outerra (the greeble pack bridge) its selection box was messed up and it was a tiny spot on the entire model that you had to be lucky to find to ever be able to select again in Object menu.

But now with the scenery editor the entire thing is selectable with ease and building all the way up to space is now a breeze too with the helpful ctrl+drag to copy, and multiple selection copy+drag which I love. Movement is so much easier and objects are fully selectable in space now!

Before I had to be really careful about every time I spawned this infamous object lest it hover over my world for eternity but now spawning, copying, deleting, moving it is a breeze I love it! :D

I'm inspired to make a new space tower now, one that will now be infinitely easier and quicker to build than the one before.

HiFlyer

« Reply #451 on: December 07, 2015, 09:20:41 pm »

Whatcha' gonna tether it to?  =D
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #452 on: December 08, 2015, 09:54:23 am »

Yeah, the new editor is incredible for large objects and mass object modification. As soon as your tower is ready, you can just select all the segments and copy paste it (with the "terrain level" option), and you will end up with something really nice :)

Oh, and I never managed to get a working instal of Greeble City, how did you managed to install these?

Jagerbomber

« Reply #453 on: December 08, 2015, 12:46:50 pm »

I just realized Windows 10 uninstalled Outerra on me....  >:(

Probably with the TH2 build update.  Luckily it kept the data in the Outerra folder in my user folder, so I just backed it up, installed again, and put it back.  Hoping I didn't mess anything up (it did update again after launching), but my changes seem to be up to date.

Strange because it never did that before in build updates since the Insider launch in 2014...
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #454 on: December 08, 2015, 02:28:20 pm »

I just realized Windows 10 uninstalled Outerra on me....  >:(

Probably with the TH2 build update.  Luckily it kept the data in the Outerra folder in my user folder, so I just backed it up, installed again, and put it back.  Hoping I didn't mess anything up (it did update again after launching), but my changes seem to be up to date.

Strange because it never did that before in build updates since the Insider launch in 2014...

Didn't had the problem with Outerra but some other programs were not installed anymore... Take a look at your privacy settings too, some users had everything reset to default  ::)

Planets

« Reply #455 on: December 09, 2015, 03:25:34 pm »

Maybe I should try and see if stacked enough I can reach the moon, or at least the end of the skybox  :))

Oh, and I never managed to get a working instal of Greeble City, how did you managed to install these?

They just worked from the moment I downloaded the pack last year, if you want I can upload my greeble_build_compilation_8 packages file and you can see if that works for you? I don't think there was an associated .otx file with the download, can't remember.

HiFlyer

« Reply #456 on: December 09, 2015, 05:37:56 pm »

Maybe I should try and see if stacked enough I can reach the moon, or at least the end of the skybox  :))

I think usually Orbital towers are anchored to something heavy (counterweight) just a bit above Geosync. I think something bad would happen structurally if you tried to reach the moon, though!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 05:40:47 pm by HiFlyer »
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

John514

• Certified TARDIS driver.
« Reply #457 on: December 09, 2015, 06:09:23 pm »

Also, I don't think there is a sky box
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling

Note: I do not claim to know everything.
I just like to help people around the forum.

Planets

« Reply #458 on: December 10, 2015, 02:45:24 pm »

I think usually Orbital towers are anchored to something heavy (counterweight) just a bit above Geosync. I think something bad would happen structurally if you tried to reach the moon, though!

Thankfully that won't be an issue in the game now, I'm just going to attempt to create the largest and longest mega-structure in the game I possibly can using those models, should be good fun

Joe 2.0

« Reply #459 on: December 10, 2015, 11:30:04 pm »

Having a problem. Before, I seem to remember Outerra updating itself on start, can't get it to update now. Do I need to make a new install for the newest version or something?

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #460 on: December 11, 2015, 03:38:12 am »

Sometimes older versions can't update. In that case download the full install again.

zzz

« Reply #461 on: December 15, 2015, 04:36:32 pm »

If i could put in requests for the next update it'd be the ability to add a weapon emitter to a sub-geom object like with pointlights and the ability for vehicles to broadcast their ECEF coords to each other.

John514

• Certified TARDIS driver.
« Reply #462 on: December 15, 2015, 07:01:22 pm »

Speaking about next updates, its been quite a while :D
I have high hopes for the near future.
BUT remember not to work during the holidays guys!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling

Note: I do not claim to know everything.
I just like to help people around the forum.

Uriah

• Global Moderator
  • We do these things not because they are easy. -JFK
« Reply #463 on: December 18, 2015, 03:46:41 pm »

If i could put in requests for the next update it'd be the ability to add a weapon emitter to a sub-geom object like with pointlights and the ability for vehicles to broadcast their ECEF coords to each other.

"weapon emitter to a sub-geom obj"

Do you mean attaching the 'fire' method to a BONE joint? I asked for this too.

Code: [Select]
function fire_gun(obj, pos, dir){
  obj.fire(
    pos, //pos - model-space launch position
    dir, //dir - model-space launch direction
    805, //speed - firing velocity in m/s
    0.3, //caliber - meters
    {x:1,y:0.3,z:0.05}, //color - plasma color RGB
    'gun_muzzle' //joint name to attach the light to
  );
}
"vehicles to broadcast their ECEF coords to each other"

Do you mean like GPS, radio position finding or other types of sensor targeting an object? This has been discussed, but importantly how is it specifically implemented, and how does it scale up?

Best regards,
Uriah

zzz

« Reply #464 on: December 19, 2015, 08:01:09 am »

Do you mean attaching the 'fire' method to a BONE joint? I asked for this too.

Yes. Basically letting geom have access to it too so that you can do this.geom.fire(..). Don't know why I had it in my head that lights could be added to different geom objects. Long time since I used them.

Do you mean like GPS, radio position finding or other types of sensor targeting an object? This has been discussed, but importantly how is it specifically implemented, and how does it scale up?

Just some sort of global array that contains the ECEF coords of all objects loaded that other objects can access.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33