Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: OSM AUTOGEN  (Read 4042 times)

HiFlyer

OSM AUTOGEN
« on: February 26, 2015, 07:03:56 pm »

As many know, Tonywob, creator of the World2Xplane program, has generously allowed use of his housing models in Outerra, and they can easily be seen in Acetones Talkeetna AK, for instance, as a hint of what OSM generation in Outerra might eventually look like.

Tony seems eager to get his stuff into the program (needs an SDK) and I'd be surprised if any eventual Outerra OSM implementation doesn't take advantage of his work and generosity.

While he waits to see what finally happens in Outerra however, he continues to refine his program.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/463253-new-autogen-tech/

Looking great in X-plane, I already see possibilities where it could really shine in Outerra! (no painted ground textures)

Please file this under "Ways to make Acetone drool!"  :)

Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

DenisJ

• Кусь
    • VK Community
Re: OSM AUTOGEN
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 07:23:07 pm »

Pretty impressive, considering that it was all created automatically! I would love to see this in Outerra, it would give so much live and fullness to the engine. And of course, most importantly - would let you feel the scale

HiFlyer

Re: OSM AUTOGEN
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 07:37:46 pm »

Pretty impressive, considering that it was all created automatically! I would love to see this in Outerra, it would give so much live and fullness to the engine. And of course, most importantly - would let you feel the scale

Even better, the way Outerra works would make manual correction of road and other anomalies caused by OSM data weirdness a dream.
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro