Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Performance problems  (Read 15695 times)

DenisJ

• Кусь
    • VK Community
Performance problems
« on: February 16, 2015, 07:46:08 pm »

So, I began to notice some perfomance issues compared to previous times, and I would appreciate if you could help me figure this out. On the average I get only about 20 fps considering that my pc is pretty decent. Here is a screen of my graphics settings (I have reduced them for the sake of experiment) as well as eng.log. Frankly, I have always thought that Outerra doesn't use the computer resources at full capacity. I also checked for injected modules, but nothing is there.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 07:57:11 pm by DenisJ »

HiFlyer

Re: Performance problems
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 08:54:47 pm »

I don't have a clue what's up, but with those settings (which are below my normal) I average over 100fps.

Something is wrong.
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

PRiME

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2015, 09:08:50 pm »

I get about 33FPS at 4k resolution with a single 290x GPU and AMD 8core CPU. I would get allot more if Outerra worked with Crossfire but 33fps is fine for now. (I get 60+++ in 1080p)

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2015, 02:32:07 am »

So, I began to notice some perfomance issues compared to previous times, and I would appreciate if you could help me figure this out. On the average I get only about 20 fps considering that my pc is pretty decent. Here is a screen of my graphics settings (I have reduced them for the sake of experiment) as well as eng.log. Frankly, I have always thought that Outerra doesn't use the computer resources at full capacity. I also checked for injected modules, but nothing is there.
Hmm, nothing wrong in the log, but we need to add FPS and timing information there.

If you have debug_keys=true in eng.cfg, please make us a screen with alt+2 status window on.

DenisJ

• Кусь
    • VK Community
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2015, 01:10:22 pm »

Hmm, nothing wrong in the log, but we need to add FPS and timing information there.

If you have debug_keys=true in eng.cfg, please make us a screen with alt+2 status window on.

Here it is, I guess

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2015, 02:24:23 pm »

Something is eating the frame time there, 42ms total but the rest of the numbers do not add up ...
Did you try resetting Nvidia control panel to defaults? Also shut down any unnecessary programs, especially ones that display various in-game overlays.

DenisJ

• Кусь
    • VK Community
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2015, 04:28:42 pm »

No luck :(
I reset the Nvidia 3D parameters and reinstalled Outerra. Steam is the only known to me program with this overlay thing, and I closed it, but I still don't notice any significant improvements. Maybe there are utilities which can directly check GPU consumption process-wise, but unfortunately I'm not aware of such
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 04:44:53 pm by DenisJ »

angrypig

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2015, 05:04:11 am »

I reset the Nvidia 3D parameters and reinstalled Outerra. Steam is the only known to me program with this overlay thing, and I closed it, but I still don't notice any significant improvements. Maybe there are utilities which can directly check GPU consumption process-wise, but unfortunately I'm not aware of such

Hi please make screenshot (F8) from the location and send it to us...

DenisJ

• Кусь
    • VK Community
Perfomance problems
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2015, 03:57:37 pm »

Hi please make screenshot (F8) from the location and send it to us...

Alrighty, it becomes too crowdy in the main thread so I created a separate topic. Angry pig requested a screen, so here it is. Do you need anything else?

« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 07:25:14 pm by DenisJ »

DenisJ

• Кусь
    • VK Community
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2015, 10:42:04 pm »

It would be nice to know whether it's a solvable kind of problem in the short term or should I try reinstalling operating system, which is probably my last shot. I really don't want to distract you from your daily routine and improving this masterpiece, but the whole thing quite deteriorates my game experience :с
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 11:21:31 pm by DenisJ »

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2015, 01:23:56 am »

So far nothing helped to identify the possible cause. Nothing special, default scenery :(

Looks like something with the drivers to us. Even the reported lag doesn't correspond to the fps. I'd try DDU cleaner and reinstall the drivers first, even though we haven't seen a problem like this with Nvidia before, so it's questionable if it will help.

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2015, 01:33:19 am »

Maybe a stupid question, but have you tried running other games/engines than Outerra? If you see this kind of slowdown in various games, it could be an hardware problem...

DenisJ

• Кусь
    • VK Community
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2015, 01:44:47 am »

It's getting interesting...

Thank you, I'll try this.

Maybe a stupid question, but have you tried running other games/engines than Outerra? If you see this kind of slowdown in various games, it could be an hardware problem...
Well, sure, I ran a bunch of games recently, but I can't say there is any perfomance drop going on. Most of them run with maxed graphics settings just fine.

pedropp222

• 255.82 hours played since August 17, 2014
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2015, 05:45:44 pm »

Sometimes when i'm playing it runs at a constant 50/60 FPS, but suddenly it drops and stays to 10/15 FPS for no reason until i restart the game.

DenisJ

• Кусь
    • VK Community
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2015, 07:11:44 pm »

Hmm, my antivirus program shows that DDU cleaner contains a trojan when I'm trying to switch to safe mode. Funny thing is that I downloaded it from the official site

P.S. Yay, thank you so much! I installed november drivers and it worked! I think I can update to the newest one, problem probably was not from Nvidia side, but something wrong with my package.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 08:16:57 pm by DenisJ »
Pages: [1] 2 3