Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: REQ: Boeing 737-800  (Read 18513 times)

waggel120

REQ: Boeing 737-800
« on: February 21, 2015, 06:46:20 am »

Hey,hello there!

I got a little request: The boeing 737? Would be nice if i could do some island hops with that plane in Outerra!

Greetz, wag   

Revolver

• Adlerhorst-Hangar Design Group ©
Re: REQ: Boeing 737-800
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2015, 12:04:29 pm »

heee...wer spricht da...etwa der alder berlinische urbär wie? :P =D
"Es gibt nur eine Sünde, die gegen die ganze Menschheit mit allen ihren Geschlechtern begangen
werden kann, und dies ist die Verfälschung der Geschichte."(F.Hebbel)

jskoker

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 05:10:08 pm »

I wouldn't doubt Hiroshi over at TDS wouldn't mind "donating" a model.  I don't have the skill or time to do so or I'd do it myself.  Now that Levi is done with the F-117 maybe? ::)  I could always ask since I'm friends with him.  Problem I see is that he does GMAX still, so converting may be a slight issue.

jskoker

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 04:54:30 pm »

Now that I think about it, Erick Cantu made his source files open source, so if you wanted to convert them they are out there.  Again, they are gmax, however.

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 06:32:38 pm »

There's nothing wrong with having the Gmax sources, in fact it's better than extracting directly from the .MDL files. My first conversion, the BT-67, was exported from Gmax to 3ds Max using some scripts, and it worked like a charm!

The exterior model for the 737-800 is looking good, but I don't see any cockpit there, and the source files seems to be from a WIP stage...

jskoker

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 01:44:23 pm »

If you are looking for a VC Hiroshi also made an older version with one here:

http://poskyarchive.com/category/boeing/b737-800/

or you can get in contact with Andy Roesch, he made the 737 series, available on flightsim.com, with a virtual cockpit.  Both I wouldn't call high detail however when it comes to the VC.

bomber

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2015, 12:52:07 pm »

And so the dilemma of quantity vs quality starts.... The conflict between it being a hobby and creative discipline.

How does a community ballance the abilities of newbie contributors vs experienced,  without the bar of quality inhibiting either the newbie by being too high or the experienced by being too low?

I struggle with this...
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

HiFlyer

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2015, 12:59:13 pm »

Well the Outerramod site has a review system.......

I guess eventually there will be a reviews section here, or word of mouth will rule.
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

bomber

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2015, 01:20:51 pm »

The concern I have is that at this development stage everything we do flight sim, combat flight sim should be to lay foundations... In skills, knowledge and techniques so as to build a large community of mod developers and not a large community of people waiting to fly the next plane made by one or two people...

Building momentum and maintaining it is not an easy thing.

If I'm honest what I don't comprehend is the desire to jet age, advanced warfare planes instead of early era planes.....

Where's the Wright Flyer?
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

HiFlyer

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2015, 03:59:35 pm »

Nobody would really use it. For instance, I beta tested Rise of Flight, but I was never interested in that era. I received a free version once the game was released, but to be honest, I've never touched it after that.

The depicted period of time is simply not popular, beyond a niche audience.

Further, the primary driver of Outerras finances at this time, TitanIM, is hardly going to be impressed with the Wright flyer.

Outerras bread and butter is going to be modern equipment, and thats where the race is on. Its the other eras that are going to be for the modders and occasional hobbyists.

Really. Think of a sim that starts with the Wright Flyer.........

Heck, think of even one that has it as anything other than a fan made curiosity option.
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Uriah

• Global Moderator
  • We do these things not because they are easy. -JFK
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2015, 06:26:38 pm »

I agree with you HiFlyer, modern advanced aircraft seem to be the most popular at large, however no matter what era of aircraft you have a taste for, I could not agree with bomber more that we need to help build a solid base of new developers working with what we already know and pioneering new methods.

Instead of just the few of us converting aircraft for Outerra, we need to share our knowledge and help new developers get going. I have been pioneering a lot with JavaScript techniques and sharing them with people who are currently working on aircraft mods such as Levi, but that isn't enough. I think what we really should be doing is documenting everything officially, from modeling, scripting to building advanced JSBSim FDMs in a public wiki that all of us devs work on together to consolidate our knowledge in one location. There is a lot of great knowledge in the forum, but it is unstructured and fragmented through thousands of threads. If it were consolidated, structured and refined by all of the devs on a wiki that would make it much easier for new devs to find the information they are looking for. OT understandably doesn't have the resources to produce documentation for nubes, and just provides a high level specification of features in the OT wiki. For instance, I have a lot of experience working with the light system lately, and I am documenting all of this, explaining each parameter, specifying the domains and including examples for different functions such as flash/blink/strobe/alternate, etc.. If we had a public wiki I could put this up publicly and Levi and Pyton could easily contribute or make a corrections. Bomber, you may be among the most experienced with FDMs on the forum, your knowledge documented in a wiki would be invaluable. Levi has a lot of knowledge about converting aircraft, importing the model correctly and advanced scripting and configuration that takes considerable time to learn for a newcomer.

Best regards,
Uriah

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2015, 06:39:27 pm »

I agree with you HiFlyer, modern advanced aircraft seem to be the most popular at large, however no matter what era of aircraft you have a taste for, I could not agree with bomber more that we need to help build a solid base of new developers working with what we already know and pioneering new methods.

Instead of just the few of us converting aircraft for Outerra, we need to share our knowledge and help new developers get going. I have been pioneering a lot with JavaScript techniques and sharing them with people who are currently working on aircraft mods such as Levi, but that isn't enough. I think what we really should be doing is documenting everything officially, from modeling, scripting to building advanced JSBSim FDMs in a public wiki that all of us devs work on together to consolidate our knowledge in one location. There is a lot of great knowledge in the forum, but it is unstructured and fragmented through thousands of threads. If it were consolidated, structured and refined by all of the devs on a wiki that would make it much easier for new devs to find the information they are looking for. OT understandably doesn't have the resources to produce documentation for nubes, and just provides a high level specification of features in the OT wiki. For instance, I have a lot of experience working with the light system lately, and I am documenting all of this, explaining each parameter, specifying the domains and including examples for different functions such as flash/blink/strobe/alternate, etc.. If we had a public wiki I could put this up publicly and Levi and Pyton could easily contribute or make a corrections. Bomber, you may be among the most experienced with FDMs on the forum, your knowledge documented in a wiki would be invaluable. Levi has a lot of knowledge about converting aircraft, importing the model correctly and advanced scripting and configuration that takes considerable time to learn for a newcomer.

Best regards,
Uriah
That would be great!! I really want to learn about it. A guide would be very helpful (Desirable previous knowledge; where to start, etc.)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 06:43:43 pm by KW71 »
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

Uriah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2015, 06:49:31 pm »

It isn't nearly as difficult as it is made out to be, I could teach a child to import their own aircraft and get it working in a few hours. I didn't know the first thing about javascript a mere few months ago and it is quite simple once you learn the syntax of the script, Outerra methods, and the JSB file structure, however detailed documentation would have helped considerably.

Regards,
Uriah

jskoker

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2015, 07:14:06 pm »

The concern I have is that at this development stage everything we do flight sim, combat flight sim should be to lay foundations... In skills, knowledge and techniques so as to build a large community of mod developers and not a large community of people waiting to fly the next plane made by one or two people...

One of the reasons why I like the MSFS series is that the did make thing relatively simple for developers.  Between all the information they included in the SDK and the sources from www.fsdeveloper.com, it was real easy to learn.  The way Outerra is right now I can do static models, but everything else I am at a total loss on.

Uriah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2015, 07:34:55 pm »

It really isn't very difficult. Start with something that is already working, and learn to modify the script and FDM, then try to build your own. Baby steps... instead of a moon shot.

Regards,
Uriah
Pages: [1] 2 3