Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19

Author Topic: demo ?  (Read 237908 times)

SpaceFlight

demo ?
« Reply #225 on: May 12, 2011, 07:58:20 am »

Quote from: angrypig
Outerra Sandbox is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work when you go to church when you pay you taxes. It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth. What truth? That you are a player.

;)
"You see, Killbots have a preset kill limit. Knowing their weakness, I sent wave after wave of my own men at them, until they reached their limit and shut down."
Zapp Brannigan

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
demo ?
« Reply #226 on: May 12, 2011, 12:00:45 pm »

Outerra Sandbox is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work when you go to church when you pay you taxes. It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth. What truth? That you are a player.

woah..
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

Jagerbomber

demo ?
« Reply #227 on: May 12, 2011, 12:53:36 pm »

Quote from: cameni
Quote from: Jagerbomber
Do we know (about) how much the sandbox would cost?
Somewhere along the lines of other similar indie projects, for example the Minecraft.

!  That... is... awesome!  :D  :cool:
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

OGREMAN

demo ?
« Reply #228 on: May 12, 2011, 03:53:51 pm »

" Sweet" just so...
`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves  Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:All mimsy were the borogoves,
  And the mome raths outgrabe.
\"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!  The jaws that bite, the claws that catch! Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun;  The frumious Bandersnatch!\"

pico

• http://
demo ?
« Reply #229 on: May 19, 2011, 11:35:35 am »

Have the Enginedemo 3Dsupport?   :P

corona

demo ?
« Reply #230 on: May 19, 2011, 05:20:32 pm »

Quote from: Pico
Have the Enginedemo 3Dsupport?   :P

?

pico

demo ?
« Reply #231 on: May 19, 2011, 06:23:29 pm »

....for 3D Monitors or red/cyran Glasses whatever... ;)

corona

demo ?
« Reply #232 on: May 20, 2011, 10:01:22 am »

Oh I see, that makes sense I guess.

But isn't that really more of a graphics driver question?

angrypig

demo ?
« Reply #233 on: May 20, 2011, 10:29:23 am »

Quote from: corona
But isn't that really more of a graphics driver question?

3D needs support in the game engine because the game engine has to render two frames (left and right) for one 3D frame. Left and right frames have different camera positions/angles and there is no way how to do that on current programmable GPUs without the game engine support.

pico

demo ?
« Reply #234 on: May 21, 2011, 03:38:35 pm »

....and is Outerra 3D supported?  :|

angrypig

demo ?
« Reply #235 on: May 21, 2011, 03:56:13 pm »

Quote from: Pico
....and is Outerra 3D supported?  :|

Not yet, we definitely want to have the 3D support in Outerra but i'm not sure if we will be able to incorporate it into the first alpha release.

light

demo ?
« Reply #236 on: May 23, 2011, 06:07:08 pm »

So, no demo this year? Of course it's better to wait forever and we can wait another 5-6 years, when all ATI problems are solved. But hey, outerra may be little bit outdated then... I think everyone who like outerra can change their videocard to Nvidia. Clever users never buy ATI-videocard. I will never take ATI-videocard, even if they give it to me for free (even the latest model).

Jagerbomber

demo ?
« Reply #237 on: May 23, 2011, 06:24:27 pm »

Quote from: light
Clever users

Says the person who's not following the conversation properly.  :rolleyes:
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

SpaceFlight

demo ?
« Reply #238 on: May 24, 2011, 03:53:48 am »

Quote from: light
So, no demo this year? Of course it's better to wait forever and we can wait another 5-6 years, when all ATI problems are solved. But hey, outerra may be little bit outdated then... I think everyone who like outerra can change their videocard to Nvidia. Clever users never buy ATI-videocard. I will never take ATI-videocard, even if they give it to me for free (even the latest model).

I smell nvidia fanboyism, lol.
"You see, Killbots have a preset kill limit. Knowing their weakness, I sent wave after wave of my own men at them, until they reached their limit and shut down."
Zapp Brannigan

Jagerbomber

demo ?
« Reply #239 on: May 24, 2011, 04:19:34 pm »

A little bit.  :P
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19