Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19

Author Topic: demo ?  (Read 192459 times)

Abc94

demo ?
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2010, 09:55:43 pm »

Really good to hear that from ATI.  I hope they were fixed and there aren't many other bugs (or if lucky none :)).

Let us know when the two major bugs are fixed!  :D
"It costs over $400 000 to play for 12 seconds."     Heavy Weapons Guy on Outerra demo.

Abc94

demo ?
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2010, 10:02:28 am »

Did AMD actually fix the two bugs without creating any other ones?

I can't wait for the first release!  :D :D
"It costs over $400 000 to play for 12 seconds."     Heavy Weapons Guy on Outerra demo.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
demo ?
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2010, 10:23:29 am »

We don't have access to the beta drivers yet. But we tested the 3.3/4.0 preview driver and found another bug :)
We've already received confirmation and it's being worked on.
Hence I could not test it completely, but it seems that some of the bugs that we reported previously are already fixed in that driver version, so it doesn't look bad.

One thing that I don't like about it is that a new driver version can break previously working code that easily. Obviously their test suite isn't very comprehensive, I'm hoping at least we are helping them to build one such.

Abc94

demo ?
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2010, 05:15:14 pm »

I just realized that ATI 10.4 was released on April 28.

Did it add/fix any problems? :|

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
demo ?
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2010, 05:47:47 pm »

No, that 10.4 version seems to be actually older than the preview driver. Apparently the preview driver was released outside of the standard release procedure, so the final driver should come 2-3 months from that.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
demo ?
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2010, 02:46:14 am »

Just signed up to support you in your efforts. Looks amazing. Those sunset pictures are perhaps the most beautiful of any I have ever seen. http://www.outerra.com/shots/k107.jpg

I imagine this has full-blown physics in the engine as well and not just trickery as with the Arma (Real Virtuality 3) engine.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
demo ?
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2010, 03:28:48 am »

Atmosphere rendering is not finished yet, I have to rework some parts of it to optimize the rendering and to fix some corner cases. And of course the clouds will enhance it greatly.

I've never played Arma so I don't know what physics is there; here we are using Bullet and trying to make it work effectively on large scale. Otherwise we want to make an interface for various physics engines that can be used with it. But generally, physics engines do not support spherical worlds directly and the scale is problematic too.

Abc94

demo ?
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2010, 04:10:01 pm »

Let us know what happens when you get a chance to test the "real 10.4"! :)

Yeah Arma doesn't have very much of a physics engine from what I saw, except I heard that helocopters in the game actually fly because they create a bigger force than gravity.

BTW: It's almost been a month and a half since the last update.  Any hints for what's going to be in the next one? :|

RaikoRaufoss

• Blood may move the wheels of history, but only our cunning keeps the wheels oiled.
    • http://www.sabaton.net/
demo ?
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2010, 05:20:55 pm »

Quote from: Abc94
Let us know what happens when you get a chance to test the "real 10.4"! :)

BTW: It's almost been a month and a half since the last update.  Any hints for what's going to be in the next one? :|
Yeah, we need some updates. :D  And when will you see about getting a customer to use this engine in a game?
Far from the fame
Far away from the fame
But we still remember your name
Karel Janoušek
We mourn the day that you died
So be our guide
CZECHOSLOVAKIA'S PRIDE!!!!!!

Abc94

demo ?
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2010, 10:10:23 pm »

Yeah if you need someone to test the Outerra Engine I'd be very interested!

I have:

XP Home Edition (32 bit)
ATI Radeon 4850
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core processor 3800+
3GB ram (DDR2) (If it matters)

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
demo ?
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2010, 02:50:13 am »

We wanted to publish an update already but a handful of complications emerged, delaying it. The update will be probably about integration of vector data overlay system for roads and runways and general terrain modifications. A video or two should be released as well.

We have several potential customers for the engine already, who are considering the engine for their forthcoming projects (mostly aiming for major engine and game style upgrades for their existing game line). Their development should start in 2011, provided we will have the technologies they require and that we'll come into agreement.
Otherwise we want to create a game demoing the engine too, and we are defining what it will be using also the feedback we are receiving. Obviously it will be something simpler as we don't have the resources do focus deeply on both engine and game development. Just now we are pondering how to get it more in line with the engine development path.
Maybe I should finalize the new forums and set up a poll about possible variants :)

As for the testing - there's no point in it now given the situation with the drivers and that we still don't have the access to the development version ourselves (hint: AMD legal department). It's possible that a working (or rather a `workaroundable') public driver will be available sooner than we'll be able to get our hands on the development version.

MatthewS

demo ?
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2010, 09:05:38 am »

Quote from: cameni
The update will be probably about integration of vector data overlay system for roads and runways and general terrain modifications. A video or two should be released as well.

Update & videos excellent!

Quote from: ZeosPantera
Just signed up to support you in your efforts. Looks amazing. Those sunset pictures are perhaps the most beautiful of any I have ever seen. http://www.outerra.com/shots/k107.jpg

If only FSX or XPlane could do lighting like that... Outerra would be excellent as an engine for flight simming!

RaikoRaufoss

• Blood may move the wheels of history, but only our cunning keeps the wheels oiled.
demo ?
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2010, 12:38:54 pm »

Maybe I should finalize the new forums and set up a poll about possible variants :)
Sounds like a great idea to me :)  If you're still hesistant about SMF 2.0 RC3, you could use phpBB3.  Here's a link to a site with several phpBB3 themes: http://www.phpbbhq.com/?cat=4  A poll also sounds great.
Far from the fame
Far away from the fame
Karel Janoušek
So be our guide

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
demo ?
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2010, 12:57:56 pm »

I'm hesitant because of RC-ness of SMF 2.0, otherwise I'm quite satisfied with it.

RaikoRaufoss

demo ?
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2010, 01:18:30 pm »

I'm hesitant because of RC-ness of SMF 2.0, otherwise I'm quite satisfied with it.
I wasn't asking about why you were hesitant, I was just giving a suggestion.  I misinterpreted you when you talked about setting up a poll for possible variants.
Far from the fame
Far away from the fame
Karel Janoušek
So be our guide
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19