Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Strangest most impossible awesome idea ever  (Read 21768 times)

b14de

Strangest most impossible awesome idea ever
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2011, 02:48:10 pm »

I like this idea also, but yes it would be near impossible to implement, even with a stupidly huge dev team and Zuckerberg's credit card. The only way I can see this happening is if the public was allowed to develop add-ons, models and textures for it them selfs, but even that would be a huge effort to manage. Every script would have to be checked, every model and textured copyright assured. The possible problems are endless and way beyond a human to predict. That said, if this does ever happen, i don't want any police as such, policing should be a done every friday night by the public, armed with pitch forks and a list of wrong-doers.

yhwhluver

Strangest most impossible awesome idea ever
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2011, 11:19:04 am »

I like the pitch fork idea.  Vigilante justice at its best!

Trustvainer

Re: Strangest most impossible awesome idea ever
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2013, 04:54:20 am »

I'm glad to see a fragment of a idea that i've been dreaming for some years ago. Basicly is a simulator of life. Like a Second Life + GTA + all simulator games in the world. To survive you have to get a job, earn currency and improve your life. But you know, it's very complicated. I think that all gamers of simulators would love it.

But this have to be a mmo. :)

GHAO

• Thinking
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2013, 07:31:22 am »

To protect against griefers, beds would have to be indestructible... maybe there would be a building with a 'gun exclusion zone' around the perimeter... go in there and you are safe. You get put to rest and wake up next time you log on. The world still goes on though!
I like the idea of 'Friday-night policing', that could become the big online event... the wrongdoers are put in a huge game park or something, anyone that lasts the night, until sunrise or a set time, or gets back to the indestructible bedroom, gets to continue in the game. Anyone caught can be crucified as a warning to others...

But what about accidents? Suppose you were responsible for parking a bulldozer on a cliff edge, and someone walked underneath it and it fell on them? Is that the same as walking up to someone and pulling the trigger?

Trustvainer

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2013, 08:03:49 am »

At the best the bulldozer owner's takes a fine and the victim is sent to medical center where comes to life again. :)

GHAO

• Thinking
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2013, 02:33:24 pm »

...so we need people to think of all these ludicrous eventualities and their punishments :D

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2013, 03:25:56 pm »

Seems this starts to be a possible real-world civilization sim. Heh, yet just a twisted genius mind to spend a LOT of time in there to try creating the PERFECT WORLD and enforcing it upon the reality ... and sinister laugh before, while processing and afterwards ...  ;D   
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Pages: 1 [2]