Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Cessna C-172 | Upgrades  (Read 15237 times)

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
Cessna C-172 | Upgrades
« on: March 02, 2015, 06:23:31 pm »

The default Cessna is a very nice plane, and I thought that it needed some upgrades. So here are the current upgrades I managed to implement so far:

- Landing lights & rotary beacon light | toggle using "gear" key.
- Flashing strobe lights.
- Navigation lights.
- Red cockpit light.
- Gauges lights.

- Animated Doors | They open when speed is below 0.1 knots, and flaps are extended.
- Working fuel quantity indicators.
- Working Oil Temperature indicator.
- Working Oil Pressure indicator.
- Working Exhaust Gas Temperature indicator.
- Working rudder pedals.
- The nose gear is now animated when steering.
- Animated tires.
- Ten different camera positions (use 'V' key).

If you have performance issues, you can always turn off the cockpit lights by opening the script (ALT+E) and at the top, set the first constant disable_cockpit_lights to true.

Download
Will be included in the next Outerra update as well.

Warning 1: The .otx replaces the original plane.
Warning 2: The .otx may not install the plane in the right location, if so, you will have to manually install it .

A quick video:

Some screenshots:

« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 02:14:49 am by Levi »

HiFlyer

Re: Cessna C-172 | Upgrades
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 07:10:02 pm »

Great job, Levi! I was expecting this for a while.  :D

Only problem on my end is that it doesn't seem to be making any changes to the Cessna. No Lights, camera angles..... nada.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 07:19:48 pm by HiFlyer »
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

M7

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 07:30:43 pm »

Thanks Levi!  The only comment  i would have is the propeller, is it intentional to see both the static and the blurry one when throttle is on? I dont remember if it was like that in the original version.

HiFlyer

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 07:41:45 pm »

Thanks Levi!  The only comment  i would have is the propeller, is it intentional to see both the static and the blurry one when throttle is on? I dont remember if it was like that in the original version.

Ok, in my case I had to manually install the file, as the OTX was not sending it to the right spot.

And no, the propeller behavior is new. And kind of interesting.  =D
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

M7

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 07:56:31 pm »

For me OT is installing OTX in the user/outterra path but the models have to be installed in windows(84)/outerra path to load. So i have to manually copy the files between the two. Could it be the same for you?

Uriah

• Global Moderator
  • We do these things not because they are easy. -JFK
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 08:02:33 pm »

Same for me, had to manually install it.

Great work Levi!

Regards,
Uriah

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2015, 11:33:05 pm »

Thanks Levi!! Great work, as always.
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2015, 02:10:29 am »

Hmm, strange. At my side it does install it in the right place... What could be the reason?

Sorry for the inconvenience, I wasn't aware of the propeller, thanks for reporting. Fixed and file updated. The link is the same.

Uriah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2015, 02:22:42 am »

I am assuming the problem is that you probably zipped up the files using 7zip or some other program, because you can't export an outerra.otx package. (Unlesss.......  :-X) That's my only thought. because I was never able to export the MiG-29 from Outerra.

Regards,
Uriah

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2015, 02:39:31 am »

You're right, you cannot export original content (.outerra.otx). What I did was exporting a copy of the plane from my username folder (packages/Levi/), then simply renaming the folder (from Levi to outerra) within the .otx file using WinRAR. And as I said before, this works without any problem here at my side.

Now I wonder if the .otx is installing correctly for someone else besides me...

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2015, 03:32:04 am »

Mods always install to the data folder, not into the program folder where the original ones are. But you can just move the folder there. Next patch will update the model in the install dir too.

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2015, 03:43:06 am »

Oh, that explains it. So It works of me because my data folder is actually the main Outerra installation folder (program folder)... That makes sense.

konaone

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2015, 01:53:41 pm »

Forse cercavi: Ottimo lavoro Levi! che ne dici di migliorare la ah 64, con carrello di coda che gira e ammortizza?(ammortizzatore) e con ruote che girano liberamente e piloti animati?????
Levi great job! how about improving the 64 ha, with cart tail that spins and depreciates? (shock) and with wheels spinning freely and pilots animated ????? ;)

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2015, 05:09:47 am »

Forse cercavi: Ottimo lavoro Levi! che ne dici di migliorare la ah 64, con carrello di coda che gira e ammortizza?(ammortizzatore) e con ruote che girano liberamente e piloti animati?????
Levi great job! how about improving the 64 ha, with cart tail that spins and depreciates? (shock) and with wheels spinning freely and pilots animated ????? ;)
I don't know about the pilots, there are no pilots on the AH-64...
I was thinking on the tailwheel and the spinning of the wheels too. The UVW maps needs some corrections in some places as well.
I'll see what I can do about it, but right now I'm with this baby: :D

Uriah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2015, 05:38:38 am »

What do ya think Levi, time for rotor flex as the rotor spins up?

I've made a lot of progress building an improved UH-60 FDM, including initializing the aircraft with engine/rotor off, etc. I had to edit the systems and add some jsb properties for helos. Be glad to share with you.

Regards,
Uriah
Pages: [1] 2