Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Cesna 172 FDM  (Read 23082 times)

bomber

Re: Cesna 172 FDM
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2015, 12:28:00 pm »

ok so I've used an 11stone bloke with his 7kg 'standard' parachute.
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

bomber

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2015, 12:38:00 pm »

http://target4today.com/_posted_files_/Cesna_172/FDM-c172-A.zip

Levi this is the completed flight model, engine and prop... I've added a wing leveller autopilot upon pressing the 'v' key...

Can you add this to your published file magigy..

cheers

Simon
p.s.

Now to add the catapult to the Ask-13
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2015, 07:16:38 am »

Hi Simon,

Sorry for the delay, here is it: c172(New FDM).Levi

Uriah

• Global Moderator
  • We do these things not because they are easy. -JFK
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2015, 09:47:36 pm »

Outstanding work Simon!

I finally had a chance to test the new FDM and it feels really incredible to fly!!! I received a Thrustmaster Cougar flight stick and HOTAS, so I was able to test the C172 old and new FDM using that, and performed a number of great landings. One problem I noticed is the nose wheel steering seems to pull to the right during taxi/takeoff/landing, but that might be my configuration, I am not sure.

Again, awesome work, keep it up!  8)

Best regards,
Uriah George

bomber

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2015, 05:00:12 am »

Yes that'll be the P value being too high I think is at 60, a setting for a Merlin.... Oops...

HiFlyer

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2015, 02:03:06 am »

http://target4today.com/_posted_files_/Cesna_172/FDM-c172-A.zip

Levi this is the completed flight model, engine and prop... I've added a wing leveller autopilot upon pressing the 'v' key...

Can you add this to your published file magigy..

cheers

Simon
p.s.

Now to add the catapult to the Ask-13

Isn't the "V" key already used to switch views on Levis planes.....?
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

bomber

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2015, 03:52:50 am »

Yes but the V key, or any key for that matter doesn't have to be exclusive to one task... So what we have here is it turning on the auto pilot wing leveller.

Imagine flying a plane with a rear gunner,  you want to jump into the gunners seat take control of the guns and not control the pilots joystick and ensure that the plane doesn't go spiraling into the ground but fly level... That's what we're aiming for here.

We just need to convince cameni that simple is best.

HiFlyer

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2015, 12:33:28 pm »

Yes but the V key, or any key for that matter doesn't have to be exclusive to one task... So what we have here is it turning on the auto pilot wing leveller.

Imagine flying a plane with a rear gunner,  you want to jump into the gunners seat take control of the guns and not control the pilots joystick and ensure that the plane doesn't go spiraling into the ground but fly level... That's what we're aiming for here.

We just need to convince cameni that simple is best.

Well My plane flys straight and level now, ignoring all left/right joystick input, and I have no idea how to de-activate the autopilot.  =|
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

bomber

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2015, 12:34:22 pm »

press the v key...

HiFlyer

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2015, 01:32:28 pm »

press the v key...

Which is what I thought. But for me, the plane stays locked and uncontrollable. :-/

bomber

« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2015, 01:52:12 pm »

keyboard or joystick flying ?

..... and you're sure the keys or joystick is configured correctly.

HiFlyer

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2015, 01:53:22 pm »

keyboard or joystick flying ?

..... and you're sure the keys or joystick is configured correctly.

Joystick. An Xbox pad. The planes control yoke correctly and visibly turns. The plane does not. The keyboard works fine.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 01:58:10 pm by HiFlyer »

Uriah

• Global Moderator
  • We do these things not because they are easy. -JFK
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2015, 06:53:29 pm »

Hit Esc and go to Controls --> Airplane tab and make sure the Camera view is set to V key.

HiFlyer

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2015, 07:18:46 pm »

Hit Esc and go to Controls --> Airplane tab and make sure the Camera view is set to V key.

Eh. I decided to punt, and am using the FDM with the enhanced sounds. That seems to have resolved the issue for now.

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2015, 04:05:00 am »

Eh. I decided to punt, and am using the FDM with the enhanced sounds. That seems to have resolved the issue for now.

I have disabled the wing level auto-pilot in the .js of this one (didn't noticed it was possible to set it on/off with v):

Code: [Select]
//var wing_lvl_ap;
//this.fdm["ap/autopilot-roll-on"]=wing_lvl_ap;

You can remove the // if you want to use the autopilot.
Pages: 1 [2]