Outerra Engine > Off Topic

Steam VR vs Oculus Rift.

<< < (6/7) > >>

fly77:

--- Quote from: aWac9 on June 30, 2020, 07:32:02 am ---HP Reverb G2

--- End quote ---

looks fantastic...how about outerra in VR ? is it working well ?

aWac9:

--- Quote from: fly77 on June 30, 2020, 02:33:32 pm ---
--- Quote from: aWac9 on June 30, 2020, 07:32:02 am ---HP Reverb G2

--- End quote ---

looks fantastic...how about outerra in VR ? is it working well ?

--- End quote ---

it is a question that I have always liked to ask ,,,
at the beginning it was a new and insipient technology and therefore very unstable or changing, and it was very expensive to invest time in following a discontinuous and erratic rhythm ... it was quite predictable, because it was a new technology (Oculus Rift).
  that has already changed a lot ,, now there is more competition and it is much more stable and steps are taken in the right direction ,, vision, fatigue, tracking ,,,, in my opinion, its inclusion in OT can no longer be a question of priorities but a matter of necessity, because it would give an impressive added value to the engine, because impressive is already the engine.
however I am aware that this answer depends on other variables that I am not aware of ,,, so I will continue without asking the question.
 ::)

2eyed:
OT used to work quite well with former versions for Rift. I also got it to work with Lenovo Explorer and HP Reverb (WindowsVR). Over time more rendering issues occured. Recently I tried it with Oculus Quest and Link cable and it was just a slide show with unpredictable head tracking.

fly77:
I see...still a lot of work to do...yes I agree : probably unavoidable work ...as outerra is an almost perfect virtual world it seems somehow born to be used with VR....so it should be there sooner or later....and very well useable....it seems though that this will be achieved reliably only at the last mile ..unless it gains higher priority than getting us a "game"..wait and see.

PytonPago:

--- Quote from: fly77 on July 01, 2020, 04:04:41 pm ---I see...still a lot of work to do...yes I agree : probably unavoidable work ...as outerra is an almost perfect virtual world it seems somehow born to be used with VR....so it should be there sooner or later....and very well useable....it seems though that this will be achieved reliably only at the last mile ..unless it gains higher priority than getting us a "game"..wait and see.

--- End quote ---

... as I remember, they had the original Oculus kit to do stuff. Does Cameny has still a VR to do so still effectively ? ... Also, there are interresting leaps in VR lately compared to the gaming ones straight to AR.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version