Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Steam VR vs Oculus Rift.  (Read 35841 times)

HiFlyer

Re: Steam VR vs Oculus Rift.
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2015, 03:07:28 am »

So ... all PC from now on will have twice the USBs on motherboards ?

Or people start buying usb hubs.
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2015, 03:31:46 am »

So ... all PC from now on will have twice the USBs on motherboards ?

Or people start buying usb hubs.

... they do have the opportunity to do something interesting in design terms ... like the spine-connector from the Matrix series. They could roll out some extra money misusing those cables. And all the comercials around it ... i could see the quotes: "just plug in to ... the OCULUS" ... "Witch pill you choose ? ... The USB pill !"  =D
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 03:34:07 am by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

aWac9

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2015, 07:56:37 am »

Oculus launches version 1.0 SDK privately desu
As promised, Oculus launched the awaited version 1.0 of its SDK before the end of the year, but will only be sent to developers who are putting the finishing touches to their projects...... https://developer2.oculus.com/

Rift 1.0 SDK will be sent this week to developers along with preliminary versions of Hardware Rift.

If you go to launch a title for the Rift in the first quarter, you need early access to hardware Rift and new platform features to complete your game or application. The 1.0 SDK and runtime Rift include features related to consumer product, so we currently limited release to developers who are putting the finishing touches on titles for release.
If you are planning to launch a title and not even have the hardware, you can upload a preview of your application from the submission tool Oculus and we will contact you for the next steps.

We will send more hardware Rift developers every week in the period until the launch. Meanwhile, the SDK 0.8 DK2 and continue to be the right platform for the early development for Rift. You only need the SDK 1.0 if your release is imminent.

We are waiting to see your experience in the Rift RV when it is launched in the first quarter!

- Oculus team

on Twitter, indicating that the 1.0 SDK itself is compatible with the DK2
https://twitter.com/tom_forsyth?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
web Oculus
https://developer.oculus.com/blog/rift-sdk-1-0-shipping-to-developers-with-final-rift-hardware/

aWac9

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2016, 02:27:54 pm »

Oculus Rift free for those who supported the campaign Kickstarter DK1

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1523379957/oculus-rift-step-into-the-game/posts/1458224

aWac9

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2016, 04:02:45 pm »

Ghost Theory, investigación paranormal en Kickstarter
Dreadlocks ha lanzado una campaña de Kickstarter para Ghost Theory, un juego en primera persona para realidad virtual que nos pondrá en la piel de una investigadora especializada en fenómenos paranormales

Here's the kickstarter if you want to support them, it is a game that gives Miero created just for the Virtual Reality.
We can support the campaign and get hold of the game from 14 £ (about 18 €), or if ours are the extras and physical collectibles have other tiers higher for everyone. The campaign ends on February 20 and the goal is to raise the £ 100,000 mark, and there is a stretch goal to add support for PlayStation VR if it exceeds £ 138,000

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dreadlocks/ghost-theory

aWac9

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2016, 10:29:45 am »

a new attempt at Kickstarter
to see if they get it now.
Investigate real haunted places in a first-person adventure horror game
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dreadlocks/ghost-theory-a-serious-take-on-paranormal-research

aWac9

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2016, 06:50:46 am »

E3 2016
Lil' Wayne a.k.a. Lil' Tunechi started flipping out on a Samsung Gear VR (Virtual Reality) rollercoaster at E3 2016. He was here to perform and promote his new game, 'Sqvad Up' on iOS & Android!
http://www.e3insider.com/

end up reinventing cinema
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 06:54:05 am by aWac9 »

aWac9

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2020, 07:15:43 pm »

Virtual reality . HP Reverb G2 VR has just taken a quantum leap in augmented reality ... with a resolution of 2160 x 2160 pixels per eye. 114º field of view. Space Audio MSFT .. a true wonder ..
Outerra should not be left behind in this technology ... a planet seen from above with VR, it must be impressive, there will be no need for space travel.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 08:32:30 am by aWac9 »

PytonPago

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2020, 01:17:50 am »

I still be a VR glove guy tho ... I need to be properly grabby on my cockpit switches !
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

aWac9

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2020, 07:32:02 am »

HP Reverb G2

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2020, 02:33:32 pm »

HP Reverb G2

looks fantastic...how about outerra in VR ? is it working well ?

aWac9

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2020, 01:02:48 pm »

HP Reverb G2

looks fantastic...how about outerra in VR ? is it working well ?

it is a question that I have always liked to ask ,,,
at the beginning it was a new and insipient technology and therefore very unstable or changing, and it was very expensive to invest time in following a discontinuous and erratic rhythm ... it was quite predictable, because it was a new technology (Oculus Rift).
  that has already changed a lot ,, now there is more competition and it is much more stable and steps are taken in the right direction ,, vision, fatigue, tracking ,,,, in my opinion, its inclusion in OT can no longer be a question of priorities but a matter of necessity, because it would give an impressive added value to the engine, because impressive is already the engine.
however I am aware that this answer depends on other variables that I am not aware of ,,, so I will continue without asking the question.
 ::)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 01:05:17 pm by aWac9 »

2eyed

« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2020, 02:44:31 pm »

OT used to work quite well with former versions for Rift. I also got it to work with Lenovo Explorer and HP Reverb (WindowsVR). Over time more rendering issues occured. Recently I tried it with Oculus Quest and Link cable and it was just a slide show with unpredictable head tracking.

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2020, 04:04:41 pm »

I see...still a lot of work to do...yes I agree : probably unavoidable work ...as outerra is an almost perfect virtual world it seems somehow born to be used with VR....so it should be there sooner or later....and very well useable....it seems though that this will be achieved reliably only at the last mile ..unless it gains higher priority than getting us a "game"..wait and see.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 04:07:14 pm by fly77 »

PytonPago

« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2021, 06:42:31 am »

I see...still a lot of work to do...yes I agree : probably unavoidable work ...as outerra is an almost perfect virtual world it seems somehow born to be used with VR....so it should be there sooner or later....and very well useable....it seems though that this will be achieved reliably only at the last mile ..unless it gains higher priority than getting us a "game"..wait and see.

... as I remember, they had the original Oculus kit to do stuff. Does Cameny has still a VR to do so still effectively ? ... Also, there are interresting leaps in VR lately compared to the gaming ones straight to AR.

Pages: 1 [2] 3