Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Underwater Exploration  (Read 41642 times)

bomber

Re: Underwater Exploration
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2015, 06:12:36 pm »

Jsbsim flight model?
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

clawhammer

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2015, 06:37:34 pm »

Very nice!! :) But I must admit that I'm scared underwater, I blame the Oculus. :P

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2015, 06:16:03 am »

Jsbsim flight model?
No, it's using watercraft/bullet physics.

bomber

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2015, 09:10:19 am »

Not to bang the drum of jsbsim too hard,  but consider that a submarine 'flys' through a denser substance ie water.... Everything else is the same as an aircraft,  propulsion,  ailerons rudder elevator..  Plus a bouncy factor...

Oh and jsbsim does blimps as well..
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

andfly

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2015, 01:23:00 pm »

Congratulations andfly. It is a great job.
Your model reminds me of the films of James Bond,
 :)
"a dangerous drug dealer is about to acquire a nuclear bomb.
the intelligence service knows that the meeting will be in a luxurious villa of the Canary Islands,,,, will be monitoring and be dangerous.
the andfly007 agent has orders from the queen to prevent such purchase.
it will attempt to reach the coast with a submarine
get it?
well done andfly007
magnificent"

What is your name?
fly .... andfly
 ;)

I am speechless ...
Nice idea and its realization.
The villa to James Bond, the rhythm, the music, the finale of fire and that splendid sunken ship that, in the shadows of the seabed, it seems the secret hideout of the very bad ....
Everything good, Congratulations (and... thanks ! )
Andrea

P.S. I am forced (I have a Luger to his temple and a boa constrictor around his neck) to communicate enthusiastic compliments of Bond Girl.
Acc ... the charm of the Spanish Matador !!!
I have to start to control the famous, and lonely, deserted beaches bathing?
I do not know the English language. I use Google Translate. I hope it's all understandable.

andfly

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2015, 01:47:56 pm »

Very nice!! :) But I must admit that I'm scared underwater, I blame the Oculus. :P

Thanks clawhammer  :)
I would like to ask you a question because I'm very interested in using the Oculus Rift, which I consider to be the ideal device to enjoy a world so realistic as Anteworld.
The scare of you speak is the feeling of being underwater, in the twilight, and derived from the realism of the simulation (and therefore a good thing) or the occurrence of oscillations, tremors, feelings of nausea caused by the use of this specific model (and then one thing to keep in mind and to be corrected in the future)?

Thanks for the reply.
I do not know the English language. I use Google Translate. I hope it's all understandable.

andfly

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2015, 02:47:42 pm »

Not to bang the drum of jsbsim too hard,  but consider that a submarine 'flys' through a denser substance ie water.... Everything else is the same as an aircraft,  propulsion,  ailerons rudder elevator..  Plus a bouncy factor...

Oh and jsbsim does blimps as well..

You are absolutely right Simon, I think even JSBSim could manage interaction with a more solid air as the water (if it has been programmed to do, and this I do not know: you definitely yes).
However, in this case, it comes to choosing the most convenient way!
The coefficients of lift and changes induced by the mobile surfaces, with speeds that are obtained in the air, have significant influence on a plane flight and calculate them yourself in a script would be crazy (and then there's that already JSBSim it does very well).
JSBSim is also very convenient because it has the duties that you immediately return a huge number of parameters (coordinates, speed, altitude, attitude, guidance, inclinations etc. .. etc. ..) only querying parameters from the script.
But Bullet Physics (at least its implementation we have in Anteworld) has its indisputable advantages when aerodynamic interactions are not so important.
All objects in the scene detect its presence and bounce against its bounding box.
You can set the points of the model (the wheels) which do not penetrate and interact with the soil with a striking realism.
There is the possibility of extending the keyboard commands (function action) and add auxiliary axes for Joystik.
Are still unable to go back to primary data navigation (and you can then calculate those derivatives) interrogating ECEF coordinates and rotations.
You can also vary the mass of the model at any time to simulate the release of ballast.
And then, the king of commands: "extra force"!
You can place an engine, or otherwise cause a boost, at any point in the model, even outside it, and measure its direction and intensity as you want !!!
(And who knows what I forgot ...)

In the case of SUB SPHERE choice was forced: Bullet Physics !!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 08:00:02 pm by andfly »

HiFlyer

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2015, 12:13:00 pm »

This is what I'm, waiting for........

So I can go straight to the Marianas trench.

And annoy the poo out of Cameni and Angrypig by going over and over again:

"Are there fish yet? Are there fish, yet? Are there fish, yet?"

"Kelp? How about now?"

"Are there fish, yet?"  =D

EDIT: Seriously, at that point, I wouldn't be surprised to see scientists and deep sea researchers start using Outerra as a training simulator using the latest heightmaps/meshes to map/explore the ocean.

And the military, of course.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 12:20:04 pm by HiFlyer »
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

andfly

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2015, 03:17:45 pm »

This is what I'm, waiting for........

So I can go straight to the Marianas trench.

And annoy the poo out of Cameni and Angrypig by going over and over again:

"Are there fish yet? Are there fish, yet? Are there fish, yet?"

"Kelp? How about now?"

"Are there fish, yet?"  =D

EDIT: Seriously, at that point, I wouldn't be surprised to see scientists and deep sea researchers start using Outerra as a training simulator using the latest heightmaps/meshes to map/explore the ocean.

And the military, of course.

Hahaha !!!!   :D

Sure, the SUB SPHERE can get to the bottom of the Mariana Trench with no problems, but ... will find something ??
Now curiosity begins to grow ....
Cameni and Angrypig will tell us if the bottom of the sea, at great depths, it is rebuilt from the engine Outerra (later, the fish and the submarine bases put us know) or should we really expect the lights underwater to find out for yourself?
And if we follow researchers, scientists and military ... Next !!!

There's room for everyone !!!  ;)

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2015, 03:57:20 pm »

Just found out that there is now an enhanced bathymetry dataset with 500m resolution we can use instead of the current 1km one.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2015, 05:26:07 pm »

Just found out that there is now an enhanced bathymetry dataset with 500m resolution we can use instead of the current 1km one.

Nice, the oceans need it.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

andfly

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2015, 07:27:31 pm »

First important news:
Outerra reconstructs the seabed around the globe with a resolution of 1 km, which, with the ability to Outerra to extrapolate the rest of the landscape by adding rocks and bumps with its fantastic algorithms, would already be more than enough to meet the needs of adventure and simulation of normal users like us.

Second fantastic news:
There is a set of data resolution bathymetry double: 500 mt, and Cameni tells us, with a disarming simplicity, which can replace the old data ...
Hats off !!!
Really, without much irony, we might expect the arrival of scientists and researchers of the abyss that will train on Anteworld to plan their dives !!!

Thanks a lot, Cameni, for the good news!

(If you are not too annoying: the lights that work underwater are complicated? Can we hope for soon?)

clawhammer

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2015, 08:39:11 pm »

Thanks clawhammer  :)
I would like to ask you a question because I'm very interested in using the Oculus Rift, which I consider to be the ideal device to enjoy a world so realistic as Anteworld.
The scare of you speak is the feeling of being underwater, in the twilight, and derived from the realism of the simulation (and therefore a good thing) or the occurrence of oscillations, tremors, feelings of nausea caused by the use of this specific model (and then one thing to keep in mind and to be corrected in the future)?

Thanks for the reply.

Hi Andfly, (That rhymes!)

Mostly it's my own fear of being under water. (I did an Oculus demo that had sharks in it... nope nope nope!) About the nausea: it's not an issue, above the water the sub rocks/wiggle a bit like an untrimmed motorboat. (Nothing too bad.) The large cockpit helps. :) Weird fact: these days as soon as I plan on using the Oculus I already get some nausea, putting the helmet on my head and smelling the plastic increases this. Then when I end up in Anteworld it's more or less gone. No issues on the sub.

The only issue I had is that I got too scared and had to press H to get to the surface. Than I still got scared as I saw the bottom of the sea below me. For me this sphere is too open, I feel very vulnerable in it. I know the idea is to see as much from the sea as possible so this is purely ME and my H2FOBIA. :P

andfly

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2015, 09:29:50 pm »

Hi Andfly, (That rhymes!)

Mostly it's my own fear of being under water. (I did an Oculus demo that had sharks in it... nope nope nope!) About the nausea: it's not an issue, above the water the sub rocks/wiggle a bit like an untrimmed motorboat. (Nothing too bad.) The large cockpit helps. :) Weird fact: these days as soon as I plan on using the Oculus I already get some nausea, putting the helmet on my head and smelling the plastic increases this. Then when I end up in Anteworld it's more or less gone. No issues on the sub.

The only issue I had is that I got too scared and had to press H to get to the surface. Than I still got scared as I saw the bottom of the sea below me. For me this sphere is too open, I feel very vulnerable in it. I know the idea is to see as much from the sea as possible so this is purely ME and my H2FOBIA. :P

Hello clawhammer
Thanks for the reply.  :)
Sorry about your fear of water, and if I can give you some advice, if you happen to find yourself near a sea fresh and colorful with friends, made to a diving mask and, with their support and with all the jackets lifesaver that are to feel confident, begins to look down ...
The underwater life is so fascinating that fear should give way to curiosity and you could become very passionate (at least for me it was so).
However, I consoled by the fact that the simulation of diving with the SPHERE is realistic and engaging without presenting particular defects.
To be funny I might conclude:
clawhammer .... dive with a Hummer (I also wanted to do the rhyme!)
Perhaps, with the protection of his armor, you would feel more comfortable !!!  =D

Thanks again the conversation and sympathy ...
Good and long adventures in Anteworld!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 12:58:13 pm by andfly »

HiFlyer

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2015, 11:46:09 pm »

Great!!
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro
Pages: 1 [2] 3