User mods, screenshots & videos > Aircraft

SU-39 M (Work in progress)

(1/11) > >>

PytonPago:
Ill took a little skill-test, trying, if modeling aircraft is also something i could handle, seems to going well, so i decided, that aside of my standing project, ill start this one too. Its a deep modernization of the known Su-25 Frogfoot, witch was presented in the 90s, but wasnt pushed to production due to economic resons in RF, then put aside, cause tech was better and they decided to modernize the existing SU-25s to the SM2/3 state. It also will be a little modded model, as there was newer produced one with the SM2 crystal pannel and enhanced avionics :

http://www.revistaoperacional.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/su-25-cockpit.jpeg

I started off from a existing model (actually a ripp-off from BF2), but i re-model it compleetly as there is just the general shape right, but is way to far from the detail level i would like to achieve ... till any more work is done on it, ill tease you a little :

Detail of the paraschute cower :

The original cockpit from BF, but as said, there will be nothing used (just the general metrics and shapes for initial modeling stages) as its nothing really sable for a proper simulator.

Detail of the wing-gondoles for landing and taxi lights, some radiolocator equipement (not sure yet, what it is, have to look into the systems better) and speed-brakes, witch will be modeled at its back end.

Off course, only the tail-part is in its final detail looks, all other stuff has to be yet done.

Levi:
Awesome! That's a very cool plane!

I'm really glad to see more people developing aircraft. ^-^

If you will ever need any help, you can count with me.

Nice work PytonPago, keep up the good work!

PytonPago:

--- Quote from: Levi on March 10, 2015, 08:12:03 am ---
If you will ever need any help, you can count with me.

--- End quote ---

Well there is one pure technological one - each wings controll segments (aeirlons, pitch and verical one) have at their tails small segments, that are also rotating whyte the main ones. Are those to channel turbulences near the mainframe body ? And will be there some theoretical way to fing out the angles theyre should be at ?

Levi:

--- Quote from: PytonPago on March 10, 2015, 08:52:32 am ---Well there is one pure technological one - each wings controll segments (aeirlons, pitch and verical one) have at their tails small segments, that are also rotating with the main ones. Are those to channel turbulences near the mainframe body ? And will be there some theoretical way to fing out the angles theyre should be at ?

--- End quote ---
Do you mean the Trim Tabs?

The red ones in the screenshot below?

--- Quote from: PytonPago on March 10, 2015, 08:52:32 am ---And will be there some theoretical way to fing out the angles theyre should be at ?

--- End quote ---
You want to know the exact rotation of its pivot point in local space, so when you animate the tab, it rotates at correct angle, right?
If so, I'll make a quick video showing how I do it. I use 3ds Max 2015 + a little script to help in this task.

PytonPago:
Trim Tabs ! ... yes ... i just dont think i would find realistic rotation angles theyre use in real life flight on this beuty, so i wanted to know if there is some way to theoretically come to those ...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version