Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: SU-39 M (Work in progress)  (Read 42526 times)

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
SU-39 M (Work in progress)
« on: March 10, 2015, 07:16:53 am »

Ill took a little skill-test, trying, if modeling aircraft is also something i could handle, seems to going well, so i decided, that aside of my standing project, ill start this one too. Its a deep modernization of the known Su-25 Frogfoot, witch was presented in the 90s, but wasnt pushed to production due to economic resons in RF, then put aside, cause tech was better and they decided to modernize the existing SU-25s to the SM2/3 state. It also will be a little modded model, as there was newer produced one with the SM2 crystal pannel and enhanced avionics :

http://www.revistaoperacional.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/su-25-cockpit.jpeg

I started off from a existing model (actually a ripp-off from BF2), but i re-model it compleetly as there is just the general shape right, but is way to far from the detail level i would like to achieve ... till any more work is done on it, ill tease you a little :

Detail of the paraschute cower :

The original cockpit from BF, but as said, there will be nothing used (just the general metrics and shapes for initial modeling stages) as its nothing really sable for a proper simulator.

Detail of the wing-gondoles for landing and taxi lights, some radiolocator equipement (not sure yet, what it is, have to look into the systems better) and speed-brakes, witch will be modeled at its back end.

Off course, only the tail-part is in its final detail looks, all other stuff has to be yet done.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 10:29:57 am by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
Re: SU-39 M (Work in progress)
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 08:12:03 am »

Awesome! That's a very cool plane!

I'm really glad to see more people developing aircraft. ^-^

If you will ever need any help, you can count with me.

Nice work PytonPago, keep up the good work!

PytonPago

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 08:52:32 am »

If you will ever need any help, you can count with me.

Well there is one pure technological one - each wings controll segments (aeirlons, pitch and verical one) have at their tails small segments, that are also rotating whyte the main ones. Are those to channel turbulences near the mainframe body ? And will be there some theoretical way to fing out the angles theyre should be at ?
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 09:21:03 am »

Well there is one pure technological one - each wings controll segments (aeirlons, pitch and verical one) have at their tails small segments, that are also rotating with the main ones. Are those to channel turbulences near the mainframe body ? And will be there some theoretical way to fing out the angles theyre should be at ?
Do you mean the Trim Tabs?

The red ones in the screenshot below?

And will be there some theoretical way to fing out the angles theyre should be at ?
You want to know the exact rotation of its pivot point in local space, so when you animate the tab, it rotates at correct angle, right?
If so, I'll make a quick video showing how I do it. I use 3ds Max 2015 + a little script to help in this task.

PytonPago

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 09:27:27 am »

Trim Tabs ! ... yes ... i just dont think i would find realistic rotation angles theyre use in real life flight on this beuty, so i wanted to know if there is some way to theoretically come to those ...

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2015, 10:16:48 am »

Ah, that's what you meant. But I have no idea how you could calculate the max deflection angle without real data...

Though, here you can find some useful info, such as:
- The elevators could deflect to 14° upward and to 23° downward.
- The ailerons deflected to 18° upward or 18° downward.
- The flaps could be extended to 20° for maneuvering, or to 35° (inboard sections) and to 40° (outboard sections) for take-off or landing.
- The slats could be deployed through 6° for maneuvering, or to 12° for take-off and landing.

konaone

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2015, 11:42:20 am »

FANTASTIC WORK PYTONPAGO, AS ALWAYS !! is a nice plane, when we can fly  ??
congratulations

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2015, 11:43:38 am »

Is great that you are doing this, Pyton!!! Guess all this technical info is for having accurate animations, right?

One question about the pipeline. The 3d modeller have to deliver the plane to the programmer with the right animations, and then the programmer create the algorithms for the activation in the desired moment?
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

PytonPago

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2015, 01:02:01 pm »

Is great that you are doing this, Pyton!!! Guess all this technical info is for having accurate animations, right?

One question about the pipeline. The 3d modeller have to deliver the plane to the programmer with the right animations, and then the programmer create the algorithms for the activation in the desired moment?

... nah, all animations will be mathematical, but i like to have such info for modeling purposes - making slats, ailerons, and the trims on elevators is a little tricky thing in aircraft modelling - wing gets slimmer to its end and giving the origin point for its rotation on the right place is a real fight with Blender ... ill see, why its taken so much of a deal compared to vehicles due to this.  ... animations will be done only after porting into OT and i just want the angles to check the origin placing rightly.

FANTASTIC WORK PYTONPAGO, AS ALWAYS !! is a nice plane, when we can fly  ??
congratulations

... ehmm ... a year ?  :-X   I want to finish UVs at the ural, try to get finally to the bone of its engine script and this is right now just a thing i jump on, when the main work makes me mad (i cant work too long on a single thing). Doe, i surelly want it fly, cause i LOVE that plane (actually, when i was in main-school, i wanted to fly the older version baby´s in our army, but they were expelled from the army just as i should go to middle-school  :P (and after not even a proper decade in SVK service)). Maybe, if it goes well, i make the older 25-ver. too, for some slovak and czech regiments paintings, cause they were the most re-painted ones in the world (cause they were re-located a lot after the fall of SSSR, once after CSR fell apart to CR and SVK and than 3 (or 4 ?) times when they couldnt decide on their main air-base location).

---- THIS MEANS ---- PHOTO BARRAGE !

This one is just funny with that sad shark-mouth - just a minor crash, pilot ascendet too fast and broke the right wheel (left followed after a couple of meters). But those maschines are sturdy as hell ...

... interesting is, it was CSR, witch publicly showed photos of them in one of the big local aviation magazines, whyle they were top secretly used in Afghanistan and NATO didnt had a clue of theyr design till that happened.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 01:12:00 pm by PytonPago »

HiFlyer

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2015, 06:04:40 am »

It will be exciting to see some planes purpose-built for Outerra, and this looks great!
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2015, 03:56:45 pm »

"wing gets slimmer to its end and giving the origin point for its rotation on the right place is a real fight with Blender".

Why is a real fight in Blender? Perhaps I could help.
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

PytonPago

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2015, 06:03:30 pm »

"wing gets slimmer to its end and giving the origin point for its rotation on the right place is a real fight with Blender".

Why is a real fight in Blender? Perhaps I could help.

... well, im aether blind or ... well, cant find any function to allign a pivot-points axe to a edge/line. So i have to manually adjust them trough rotations - it is doable, but small angle-deviations can sometimes result in visible mis-matchings of the pieces when rotated too much.

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2015, 06:19:33 pm »

I had a fight with this in 3ds Max too, until I found a little but very useful script that does a perfect job. Similar how you do it in AutoCAD.

You could try to find a script/plugin for blender too, though. Should be called something like: 3 point align.

If you still not having any luck, you can always send me an FBX file with the object in question, and I could align the pivot for you. Not a problem.

PytonPago

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2015, 06:45:40 pm »

I had a fight with this in 3ds Max too, until I found a little but very useful script that does a perfect job. Similar how you do it in AutoCAD.

You could try to find a script/plugin for blender too, though. Should be called something like: 3 point align.

If you still not having any luck, you can always send me an FBX file with the object in question, and I could align the pivot for you. Not a problem.

... its a hassle ... but i somehow manage to show Blender my superior mouse-wielding skills.

... two clicks later ...

"BLENDER ACHIEVEMENT: Pied piper !"

=D

Thanks for help Levi !

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2015, 07:15:35 pm »

Perhaps I'm going to tell you thinks you already know, but this could help.

1.-  In the right menu:

You can select a face, an edge or a vertex and press the "+"; this add a new pivot (in max is "working pivot"). After you add it, you have to select it from the list.

2.- If you select a face, or an edge and the press shift+ (7, 9, 1, 3) the view is aligned perfectly to that face.

3.- Here is an explanation I found a month ago to learn how align objects:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/phk0qwrpuivg4bg/ALIGN_OBJECT_EDGE.rtf?dl=0
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 07:17:36 pm by KW71 »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4