Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: SU-39 M (Work in progress)  (Read 42512 times)

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
Re: SU-39 M (Work in progress)
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2015, 03:38:57 pm »

Nice!!! We will see it from gestation to birth.
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2015, 04:04:54 am »

Some little progress on the rear-gears arms:

Have to say, that Sukhoi guy is a madman when it comes to gear-geometry --- still need to make 3 more rods (two of them are oppening the doors based on the main-arm movement) and im already loosing my mind about witch rotates where and how much.  I plan to make the gear-compartment a little more detailed to have a better gear-cams view to look at this beauty at work. Then i can finally jump into the cockpit.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 06:17:05 am by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2015, 04:14:31 am »

Nice work!

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2015, 04:40:06 am »

Ooohaaaa!!!

Really nice!!! Kudos!!!
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

PytonPago

« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2015, 08:39:54 am »

Some main-drafts of the cockpit ...

Now im a little in thoughts .... The SU-25T/TM/39 have the Vikhr-M Aiming system that can fire laser-designated munitions. As the modernized cockpits use LCDs, i left the su-25MS3 design and allocation. There is doe the fact, that it has not the TV-Vikhr system as the 39-ner (or 25T/TM), but just the laser designation device on the tip of the nose.

The Vikhr - as in DCS:

... i think it can stay as the LCD systems can acces virtually anything, so optical targetting would be not a problem to be projected on it ... still, modern planes use normally two to keep one showing aether avionics/aircraft and armament state or local map at the same time as engaging targets on the other trough optical means. So, i dont know now, if i should somehow incorporate another one, or just leave it be as it is in the SM3´s variant (have hi-res photos of it, so even enscription will be no problem).

There is a Georgian modernization version -

... but im greatly against it as the normall russian school still, even if going to LCDs, still keeping a fair number of mechanical instruments for a few reasons, and the georgian one has not only the attitude indicator on a cristaline projection plate, it also is modern F-15s stuff fitted in there, witch works kinda wrong for me.

... maybe, if the optical aquisition would be projected just in the upper 2/3rds of the screen, showing the most vital stuff on the lower (if using the Vikhr system) 1/3rd, it shouldnt be a problem.

I could maybe fit a screen the SU-25T/TM way, but not a ion-based one as it has, but another LCD . but cant imagine to put there just a thin thingy like that, on the right side from the HUD.

So what ya say guys ? Wont it be a problem if i let the base variant, having just some underlying info underneath the TV-projection ?
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

HiFlyer

« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2015, 11:03:27 am »

Progressing nicely!  :D
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Revolver

• Adlerhorst-Hangar Design Group ©
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2015, 12:53:21 pm »

Hi PP,

nun, wenn Dir was an Info fällt und Du weist nicht weiter, dann hätte ich an Deine Stelle
die Russen darüber gefragt, wie das war und funzte.Es gibt doch jede menge Seiten wo man einen, oder anderen findet wer das genau weist. Denn meiner Meinung nach, wenn Du
schon sone Flugkiste genau machen möchtest, dann doch lieber nachfragen. Ansonsten
kann es so passieren, dass Du (in diesem Fall) im Cockpit einige Dinge durcheinander
machst...aber wie gesagt, ist ja nur meiner Meinung dazu ...nö. ;)

Gruß,
Stefan
"Es gibt nur eine Sünde, die gegen die ganze Menschheit mit allen ihren Geschlechtern begangen
werden kann, und dies ist die Verfälschung der Geschichte."(F.Hebbel)

PytonPago

« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2015, 01:24:40 pm »

Na, die sache ist die, dass der Su-39 irgentwan im jahre 2006 abgeschrieben wurde, da sind nur 9 solche flieger, meiste nicht mehr flugfahig, weil mann am ende die alteren Su-25 zum MS3 standard modernizierte, und export nicht gelungen ist (und der SU-34 die rolle fur die zukunft in der opto-gezielten waffen abgenommen hatt). Ich mach ihn mehr oder weniger as wahre es der 39-ger modell zum MS3 standard ausgepufft (was passieren wurde, wenn der projekt weitergeleitet wurde). Da musste ich den Sukhoi buro-leiter selbst fragen wie er es wollte.   ....   aber wurde nicht dagegen sein mit ihm fur ne bier-sitzung zu gehen. :D :D

Jetzt hoffe ich nur, dass ich den katapult-sessel in DCS-ahnlichen detail machen kann (wuste nicht, dass die inzwischen im DCSWorld den model um-modelierd haben ).

... slowly progressing with the HUD holo-projector.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 01:33:39 pm by PytonPago »

PytonPago

« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2015, 11:20:28 am »

I just found out ... when i import the plane, all the switches get visible when im exaclty in the center of the plane, but when i come to the cockpit with the camera, theyre wanish (as LOD affiliation ...) ... can i somehow make the center of it where i want ? ... i have all pivot points that arent used for special things (flaps, gear etc.) in the center of the cockpit, still wont take it as i need it ...

... doe, have all the stuff on the left-side pannels done now. 

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2015, 12:22:25 pm »

Hi, Pyton!!!

Have you changed   

min_obj_size=.01,

in the eng.cfg file?

PytonPago

« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2015, 01:59:25 pm »

I dont really mind the size of the space, where it sets it visible, just liked to put the region further to the nose, so it would work, where it should - otherwise it just renders them even at distances, where its useless white the  "min_obj_size=.01," "hack".

There could be vehicles, that can have detailed small pieces at different ends of it - and if the vehicle is longer than 5m, it would be bad ... or just not setting the "render distance" not relative to the model, but proximity of the cammera to the meshes individually (well, theyr pivots, but its mostly switches and buttons, witch have it practically in them) ?

... on the lower plate are communication-devices (and/or nav.-systems and radio-altimeter) and instrument light-intensity controlls, on the side-plade are dynamos, battery, fuel-pump and engine start-up controlls.

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2015, 04:05:05 pm »

"when i import the plane, all the switches get visible when im exaclty in the center of the plane, but when i come to the cockpit with the camera, theyre wanish"

Not sure if I get it... From your sentence I understand that you can see the switches when you are fram from them (in the center of  the plane), but you can't when you get close to them (in the cockpit)... However your pics show the controls...

Could you post a pair of screens showing your problem?

PytonPago

« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2015, 12:55:47 am »

"when i import the plane, all the switches get visible when im exaclty in the center of the plane, but when i come to the cockpit with the camera, theyre wanish"

Not sure if I get it... From your sentence I understand that you can see the switches when you are fram from them (in the center of  the plane), but you can't when you get close to them (in the cockpit)... However your pics show the controls...

Could you post a pair of screens showing your problem?

... nah ... the two screens are after modifying the eng.cfg file ... but in vanilla, its like this (min_obj_size = 5.0,) :

... this one is cca 30 cm behind the cockpit space (without the seat right now).

... moving little closer - some get hidden.

... a little closer again - all gone.

... this :

... is basically the region, it takes the rendering of tiny objects - witch is roughly the center of geometry (there were all the main pivots too before, now if i dont use them for the gear and flaps rotation, all else pivots are in the center of the cockpit, where the pilots head should be) ... so basically, during import, it sets the center of the plane as the center for the render-distance refference point ... id like to put it at the cockpit as the pivots instead, so i can see them without modifying the eng.cfg file and all hide when the cammera gets outside the cockpit area.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 01:00:06 am by PytonPago »

bomber

« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2015, 12:05:12 pm »

Can't you trick it by using an invisible poly that's centred at the cockpit location
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2015, 01:15:15 pm »

I have no problems in the Apache even with min_obj_size = 5.0.

Try this setup:

1.- Place a dummy centered on the plane (ask Uriah or Bomber if the location is important for the FDM). This will be your main object, so name it accordingly.
2.- Place a second dummy centered in the cockpit.
3.- Parent all the stuff in the cockpit  (all the switches, knobs, etc. with its own pivot located in the object), to the cockpit dummy.
4.- Parent the cockpit dummy and the rest of the plane to the main dummy.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 01:27:04 pm by KW71 »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4