Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: TsAGI SR-5 polars  (Read 6836 times)

bomber

TsAGI SR-5 polars
« on: March 10, 2015, 08:02:08 am »

I'm looking for polars... the shape co-ordinates for this airfoil...

struggling.... any help welcome.

I'd accept an idea of the % thickness to cord.

Regards

Simon
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
Re: TsAGI SR-5 polars
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 09:21:37 am »

Did ya see this post ? (hope ya know russian ... else i have to translate, doe, they didnt find any real polar data) :

http://forum.rcdesign.ru/f7/thread334005.html

... doe, im sure Цаги itself (and the Ilyushin aircraft company) has the data stored for various reasons themselves, so best would be probably ask them directly for you to look at them for research purposes. But i really doubt they would have them in digital format.

Here you can find some interesting photos (even climb-speeds charts !) :

http://www.saon.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4543&hilit=%D0%98%D0%BB%D1%8E%D1%88%D0%B0&start=30

What are you planning ? Want to add some damage-meshes for the IL ?
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

bomber

Re: TsAGI SR-5 polars
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 12:38:44 pm »

It's the new flight model for the IL-14 I promised Levi for the work he did  importing the Ask-13 glider into outerra...

"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell