Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Static or Flyable?  (Read 8947 times)

Woogey

Static or Flyable?
« on: May 29, 2013, 01:58:48 am »

Hello friends!  In one of the screen shots, there are 4 different choppers. (AH-64, CH-47, OH-58, and Uh-60)  Does anybody know about these models?  Were they just static, or usable?  I know about the Apache of course.  I am starting a little Ft. Lewis Gray AAF scenery project.  I may complete JBLM at a later date with the addition of McChord AFB.  (Dependent on availablility of associated aircraft ) 

Initial plans call for custom modeling of all flight line buildings.  Anyway, these birds were the inspiration for this little exercise, they would really add to the finished look! 

Thanks,  -Preston "Woogey" Martin

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Static or Flyable?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 03:42:42 am »

Those were made by our commercial partner for their project. They should be flyable, although the FDM probably wasn't tuned for each properly yet. However, they are owned by that company and aren't available in Anteworld, although later some of them may.

Woogey

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2015, 09:04:38 pm »

Commercial, as in sim based on this platform, or a private venture not to be sold to the public?  A flight/War sim using Outerra would literally blow away any of the others currently on the market, including DCS World.   

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 02:07:22 pm »

These were from TitanIM. Primarily oriented on the military user, but they might also decide to make a war sim intended for public end users.

Woogey

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 02:55:21 am »

Cameni, please use your influence to make that happen!  We need a better alternative to what we have in the milsim market currently.  I think the Entire World is a unifying factor to bring other developers in board.  I mean who doesn't want to operate a study level sim in the area of the world they are most familiar with, as beautifully as you render it?  -Woog