Outerra Engine > Development screen shots and videos

Fractal resampling

<< < (2/3) > >>

josem75:
It seems this method is working nicely in outerra. The blurring is less as we can see in pics. 
What i like in outerra is the long distance detail. So having even less blurring is great, and more if the cost is just a few more space. Cheers.   

Edit: Also, i am seeing with detail. It seems this method do a more fine job detailing rocks, so the result is not so big rock pieces.  We can see coverall in the last image comparisson, some very big rocks formations in the linear method are not generated in the fractal method, where transitions are more natural for me. Dont know if its just casuality.

HiFlyer:

--- Quote from: cameni on March 13, 2015, 05:04:21 pm ---It's just a (slightly) different way how the OT dataset is compiled from the real world elevation data, a way to preserve terrain characteristics better. No effect on framerate, just the dataset size increased a bit.

--- End quote ---

Well whenever/if ever you feel its ready, I'm sure all us guinea pigs will jump to try it!  =D

ZeosPantera:
That mountain in the background of the last set seems to have dropped quite a bit in height. Any way to check the actual distance in feet?

Also here you go.

HiFlyer:
Lol, I made one of those too, so I could see the differences better.  :D

KW71:
"Yes, subtle but noticeable improvement".

I think we consider it subtle because of the scale; but indeed there is a big amount of detail added,  very noticeable in the slopes. Mountains looks more like mountains to me now.

This plus 30m of resolution...  !!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version