Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: [WIP] AgustaWestland AW101 Merlin  (Read 35916 times)

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
[WIP] AgustaWestland AW101 Merlin
« on: March 14, 2015, 06:35:29 am »

Wikipedia: The AgustaWestland AW101 is a medium-lift helicopter used in both military and civil applications. It was developed by joint venture between Westland Helicopters in the UK and Agusta in Italy in response to national requirements for a modern naval utility helicopter. Several operators, including the armed forces of Britain, Denmark and Portugal, use the name Merlin for their AW101 aircraft. It is manufactured at factories in Yeovil, England and Vergiate, Italy; licensed assembly work has also taken place in Japan and the United States.

This is an unofficial conversion for the AgustaWestland AW101 Merlin from AlphaSim/Virtavia. The conversion is done with Phil Perrott's Permission at virtavia.com.

Screenshots
Gallery here.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 02:09:27 pm by Levi »

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
Re: [WIP] AgustaWestland AW101 Merlin
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 06:53:35 am »

Nice !
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

konaone

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2015, 07:54:45 am »

BELLISSIMO!!

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2015, 09:53:22 am »

Awesome :D It's interesting to see how much these vehicules look good, even if they are a freeware work.
Not sure about how much work/improvements you do on these :)

HiFlyer

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2015, 10:26:16 am »

Awesome :D It's interesting to see how much these vehicules look good, even if they are a freeware work.

I think after a certain point, aircraft modeling tools have matured to the place that you might spend as much time implementing the systems as you did building the aircraft! Especially payware quality systems.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 10:59:49 am by HiFlyer »
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2015, 10:43:49 am »

I like to chose the ones that look the best. ^-^

As for how much improvements I do on these, I usually just make little corrections on the meshes, adjust UVW maps if necessary, instance geometries, tessellate part of meshes where polygons are too visible, redo the smoothing groups, merge the interior with the exterior for seamless transition between those, and stuff like that.

But you always can compare with the original.
For example, you can look at this video for this particular aircraft and compare (note that the buttons on the MFDs are missing in my screenshots):

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2015, 11:56:06 am »

Madre de Dios! Can't wait! I realy enjoy chopters.

Thanks again, Levi!
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

M7

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2015, 12:26:33 pm »

This is a beauty. Looking forwars to fly in it. Finally, helicopters are getting some love! 8)

HiFlyer

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2015, 12:35:48 pm »

And I found out why I can't fly copters. My aircraft control settings conflict with those necessary for a copter. I can't wait until vehicle settings are separate per vehicle type.
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

M7

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2015, 12:47:44 pm »

There is a separate helicopter control tab.

HiFlyer

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2015, 01:18:08 pm »

There is a separate helicopter control tab.

Yes but controls on other tabs are inter-related. Change something there and it can affect other vehicles as well. You can quickly get a mess.

M7

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2015, 01:57:37 pm »

ah i didnt know... Make sense as there's not a separate vehicle instance between planes and helicopter yet.

What control you find can create conflict between planes and heli?

HiFlyer

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2015, 02:46:08 pm »

ah i didnt know... Make sense as there's not a separate vehicle instance between planes and helicopter yet.

What control you find can create conflict between planes and heli?

I use an Xbox joypad usually, and completely change the mapping for things like throttle, ailerons, flaps, changing views.......

Which also changes around the controls for other vehicles.

You can toy with my Iomap and try to fly a copter, if you like. https://www.dropbox.com/s/aklubliz4qd0fue/iomap.cfg?dl=0

aWac9

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2015, 05:59:26 pm »

Is able to perform this one function?
if so, ... anteworld enter a different phase. objects interact.

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2015, 06:51:24 pm »

@HiFlyer,
That's interesting, I've never had any problems with my Saitek Cyborg F.L.Y 5 Fly Stick...
The only thing is that Outerra doesn't recognize properly the POV Hat . Other than that, all works as it should.

Is able to perform this one function?
if so, ... anteworld enter a different phase. objects interact.

That would be really nice, but it's not possible to interact with objects, yet...
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 06:53:52 pm by Levi »
Pages: [1] 2 3