Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: [WIP] AgustaWestland AW101 Merlin  (Read 35901 times)

HiFlyer

Re: [WIP] AgustaWestland AW101 Merlin
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2015, 07:25:16 pm »

@HiFlyer,
That's interesting, I've never had any problems with my Saitek Cyborg F.L.Y 5 Fly Stick...
The only thing is that Outerra doesn't recognize properly the POV Hat . Other than that, all works as it should.

Is able to perform this one function?
if so, ... anteworld enter a different phase. objects interact.

That would be really nice, but it's not possible to interact with objects, yet...

Maybe you don't extensively remap your controls.........

By the way I just used a random car to push one of your windmills across the scenery........... (nods)
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2015, 07:38:07 pm »

Maybe you don't extensively remap your controls.........
I have all the controls for planes and helis mapped on both, keyboard and joystick...

By the way I just used a random car to push one of your windmills across the scenery........... (nods)
It may need a little more weight. :)) =D

HiFlyer

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2015, 07:39:37 pm »

You could always try my Iomap and see what happens.........
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2015, 07:53:15 pm »

I just tried your iomap, but your assignments doesn't correspond with my joystick's buttons/axes. It's all messed up. For example, the throttle lever moves the camera... :facepalm:

HiFlyer

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2015, 07:58:14 pm »

I just tried your iomap, but your assignments doesn't correspond with my joystick's buttons/axes. It's all messed up. For example, the throttle lever moves the camera... :facepalm:

Hahahahahahahahah.......

(takes deep breath)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!

Seriously though, Outerra default settings are not so good for an Xbox controller. You are pretty much forced to change them.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 08:19:33 pm by HiFlyer »

M7

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2015, 02:05:03 am »

I gave it a try too and i couldn't get it off the ground  either . I mapped it to something that look more similar to my joystick config and it works good for basic flying. I will have to try extra pedals for throttle, I think it would help a lot for more tricky manuevers.

M7

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2015, 01:07:11 pm »

Found this nice video from Dslyecxi about the  basics of helicopter flight.

HiFlyer

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2015, 01:32:19 pm »

I gave it a try too and i couldn't get it off the ground  either . I mapped it to something that look more similar to my joystick config and it works good for basic flying. I will have to try extra pedals for throttle, I think it would help a lot for more tricky manuevers.

Default Outerra on an xbox pad sets throttle control to the lower triggers......

If you don't hold down those triggers at all times (tiring) throttle drops to %50 and your plane starts to fall from the sky. Etc.

Other buttons are similarly funky. Good thing you can change them!  :)

HiFlyer

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2015, 02:11:22 pm »

That would be really nice, but it's not possible to interact with objects, yet...
[/quote]

Hmmmmmmm...... AndFlys sub interacts with the platform that raises and lowers it, but apparently thats through the use of bullet?

Would it be possible to build a JSBSIM plane with invisible bullet ghost wheels?

So that it could interact with other surfaces? Like a carrier deck?

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2015, 04:39:18 am »

Found this nice video from Dslyecxi about the  basics of helicopter flight.

That's a very nice video, and very informative! Thanks for sharing it here.
I'm also impressed by the fact that JSBSim actually simulates the downwash effects! It makes hovering easier when close to the ground.

Hmmmmmmm...... AndFlys sub interacts with the platform that raises and lowers it, but apparently thats through the use of bullet?

Would it be possible to build a JSBSIM plane with invisible bullet ghost wheels?

So that it could interact with other surfaces? Like a carrier deck?
Yep, pretty sure Andrea's platform is using bullet physics. JSBSim is another story...

And that's a pretty good idea actually, but I don't think it's possible without official support.
I'm curious what developers have in mind for this kind of things, especially for landing on a carrier deck...

I fear that will take some time before this heli can be released, because I'll have very little time to work on it, for about a month or even two.
So I want to ask you guys of you would like me to post quick videos or something with the progress that will be made. What do you think?

HiFlyer

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2015, 06:41:54 am »

Take your time.

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2015, 10:40:44 am »

I fear that will take some time before this heli can be released, because I'll have very little time to work on it, for about a month or even two.
So I want to ask you guys of you would like me to post quick videos or something with the progress that will be made. What do you think?

Don't worry, take your time :)

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2015, 11:29:15 am »

"I fear that will take some time before this heli can be released, because I'll have very little time to work on it, for about a month or even two".

No, no!!! Quit your job!!! Don't sleep!!!

"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2015, 11:57:37 am »

Let us know, when some basic income country pops-up. :D
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2015, 06:00:44 am »

It's not actually because of my current job, but it's related anyways. And I wish I could not sleep... =D

Here is a quick video showing some basic blade-flexing. In the first two clips, the input is actually my joystick, just to show how the blade is flexing:
Pages: 1 [2] 3