Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Jurassic Park  (Read 18985 times)

Seth

Jurassic Park
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2011, 05:06:59 pm »

Quote from: ZeosPantera
Quote from: Tottel
creating this much unique content for such a small location would be a waste. :/

That is why I love the idea of outerra and it's huge-ness. If someone wanted to create jurassic park and model and code the dinosaurs and erect the buildings and fences they could do it completely on their own and then sell that addon for everyone on OT. Or give it away for free and cameni could have it autodownload with the built in torrent client if you get close enough in-game to warrant the possibility of you actually making it there. Oh the joys of dreaming with outerra.

Yeah I think the p2p model is very good in this setting.
I could hit speeds in excess of 30Mb p/s!
1.5 Gb p/s is being tested in my area, with 100 Mb p/s upload speeds.

It the upload speeds and data caps that will make or brake it really.

Btw, I hope everyone is up to speed on the difference of MB & Mb, its big!
I know what it does, not how it does it.

Seth

Jurassic Park
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2011, 05:14:41 pm »

Quote from: SpaceFlight
I was going to start with 'No way!'

But on second though.. Why not. :D
The space to roam is huge, as we all know. There could very well be a remote island which is hard to find.

Then again.. creating this much unique content for such a small location would be a waste. :/

Could be a nice easter egg.   :D

Yes, Isla Sorna.

Two islands, hidden in fog.  :o
I know what it does, not how it does it.

Grind and Click

Jurassic Park
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2011, 10:30:51 pm »

Quote from: ZeosPantera
creating this much unique content for such a small location would be a waste. :/

That is why I love the idea of outerra and it's huge-ness. If someone wanted to create jurassic park and model and code the dinosaurs and erect the buildings and fences they could do it completely on their own and then sell that addon for everyone on OT. Or give it away for free and cameni could have it autodownload with the built in torrent client if you get close enough in-game to warrant the possibility of you actually making it there. Oh the joys of dreaming with outerra.

Doesnt Outerra then face becoming Second Life? Our interaction with the dinosaurs and their creations would be limited if able at all.

Its when you see the pegasus flying around above you with a green naked alien chick advertising an E-Whorehouse is when you know you've gone to Second Life.
Pages: 1 [2]