Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16

Author Topic: [WIP] Boeing AH-64D Apache Longbow  (Read 161083 times)

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
[WIP] Boeing AH-64D Apache Longbow
« on: March 30, 2015, 07:56:53 pm »

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT!!!  8)
Updated December 17th, 2015

The long anticipated Apache alpha version is finally almost here! What first began as Cameni having the idea to improve the textures on the original model, has turned into a much more elaborate collaboration between KW71, Acetone, myself, and others. With the help and support of Outerra, this project promises to deliver not just an awesome helicopter, but this will also be a milestone that demonstrates some of the features and vision behind a platform that will support sea, land, air and space simulation. The objective of this alpha release is to expose the Apache project to the community in order to get feedback and, of course, for your enjoyment!

Without further adieu, I'm honored to announce that the alpha version of the AH-64D Apache Longbow will be released by Outerra in the next update! We are aiming for a release before New Years, but possibly shortly afterwards due to time dependencies and the holiday season.

This project is dedicated to Cameni, Angrypig and all of the Outerra developers, for their diligence and hard work to build an engine that is now leading the way into a new age for both gaming and professional simulation, such as demonstrated by TitanIM. This project is also in dedication, and hopefully serves as an inspiration, to our incredible community of enthusiasts who stand behind this next generation world engine! =D

Stay tuned for a video and updates in the coming week. I promise, you won't want to miss this update!

The release will include:
AH-64D Apache Longbow, modelling and textures by KW71, programming and flight model by Uriah!
Joint Base Lewis McChord (JBLM) Washington State USA scenery (earth90), by Acetone!
Urban houses and buildings package, with textures by M7, and modelling by KW71 and Uriah!

The Apache features:
Olive Drab and Desert Tan liveries
Highly detailed and animated virtual cockpits for pilot and co-pilot/gunner
Extended controls for all available system functions
Navigation, anti-collision, and formation lights, and rotating searchlight
AH-64 JSBSim flight model [Work In Progress]
Turboshaft turbine engines, APU, start-up and shutdown
Electrical and aircraft sub-systems
Pilot analog instruments/indicators - Attitude, Speed, Altitude and Pressure indicators and Magnetic Compass
Four MFDs with dynamic elements

• FLT - Flight page, with Bank Indicator, Attitude Indication Pitch Ladder and Flight Path Vector
  • ADF - Automatic Direction Finder page, with Compass Rose and ADF Bearing Indicator
  • WPN - ARM/SAFE Status, Weapon Mode, Gun Status, Missile Launcher Rail Icons, Rocket Launcher Icons, Flares and Chaff Status
  • FCR GTM - Fire Control Radar Ground Targeting Mode
Modernized Target Acquisition Designation Sight/Pilot Night Vision Sensor (M-TADS/PNVS) with DTV, LLTV and FLIR sensor modes, and IR laser designator
TADS Head Mounted Display
30mm M230 Chain Gun (with basic ballistic computer)
Hydra-70 unguided rockets and AGM-114 Hellfire laser guided missiles

Flight Manual (PDF)
Built-in interactive training missions (flight, navigation and weapons employment)

Please note, that some of these features are still under development, and I may not finish all of them in time for the alpha release, but I'll try my best! Also many features will not be fully functional, and do not represent the final version for the Apache or similar features that Outerra intends to implement. For example, the dynamic elements on the MFDs currently use animated meshes, while in the future Outerra will have an API for MFDs and HUDs. Another example is the weapons which currently explode on impact with the ground but do not destroy targets, while in the future there will be a damage system and interface for that.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!

Regards,
KW71, Uriah and team!

« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 07:11:43 am by Uriah »
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
Re: Improvements for the current AH-64B.
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 12:18:16 am »

Don't stop what you are doing. Do it to all the things.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 01:41:38 am »

Nice !
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

HiFlyer

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 01:49:54 am »

Outerra vehicle overhaul!!
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Uriah

• Global Moderator
  • We do these things not because they are easy. -JFK
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 02:28:24 am »

Very nice, very nice. Great work on the details!

Let's get these MFDs working! With the upcoming extended controls, and subsequent 3d click-able cockpit, we can easily map out the OSB buttons to provide different output depending on what screen is selected. The horizontal OSB buttons select MFD mode, and in the script shows the selected screen mesh and hides all others, and also sets the mfd_state variable to the current screen ID number. The vertical OSBs interact with the screen options, depending on the mfd_state. We can bind keyboard commands  for the OSB buttons until the clickable cockpit.

I found a consistent method to illuminate an MFD display, by making semi transparent masks, defining the material opacity to 0.99 and adding a wide angle spot light behind the screen with the sport direction vector facing the pilot. This will back-light the display, and can work with display ckntent/graphical user interface by using opacity maps.

I will make an MFD demo including simple GUI and script as an example which can be adapted for any aircraft or vehicle such as this.

You can also add camera positions close-up to the MFD screen, toggled with V key currently, but can soon be modified to dedicated keys for each MFD or any other instrument panel. This would be similar to DCS/FSX.

Again, great work! Can't wait to check it out.

Regards,
Uriah

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2015, 03:21:38 am »

Awesome work KW71 ! I love the details, especially the pixel effect on the MFD :)

M7

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 08:26:30 am »

The new details are nice!  So you have the original 3d model? If so, Have you ever use a curvature map to use as a mask to generate wears?

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2015, 12:34:45 pm »

Thank you all guys, for your comments!!!

Uriah, I would appreciate any indication in how to model every part so is operational.

For example:

- Do you only need one mesh per MDF?

- When the instruments become click-able, are going to have animation?  ... If so:

- Guess I need a different mesh, name and origin for every click-able button, right? ... if so:

- Could some one tell me which buttons are going to be click-able... (APU, batteries, etc.) We would become crazy trying to make operationals all of them.

For the MDFs I have a black background and a translucent layer infront, thinking that a some point emissive textures could arrive, but your method sounds great.

M7, I don't understand... ¿What is a curvature map    ...    to generate wears?

Another screenshots:

"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

M7

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2015, 01:31:32 pm »

A curvature map is a map baked from a mesh that show the curvature of a surface by light shade for convex curves/edges and dark shades for concave curves/edges. Flat surface are 50% gray. I use a program called xnormal to bake them.

http://imgur.com/5lNAZT0

It's an invaluable tool to make mask for adding edge wear
AO map can also be usefull for adding stuff like dust in cracks.

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2015, 03:03:25 pm »

Oh, never heard of that curvature map, but sounds really useful! I have seen xnormal before, but never call my attention as I bake directly in max or blender, but now I'm gonna check it out.

I could use this curvature map just in the main body and components, because almost all the rest of the stuff is sharing uv locations.

Thanks M7!!!

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2015, 07:13:45 pm »

I had not much time this couple of weeks...

HiFlyer

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2015, 07:36:12 pm »

Seems to be coming along nicely!
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2015, 03:13:26 am »

The seat texture looks very good - all the textures in fact. It's a really nice job :)

bugsblake

• jedi master
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2015, 12:45:56 pm »

That looks ace mate! :) keep up the great work :)
Intel 6 core i7 Xeon - 4930k @3.40 GHz
GTX 770 4GB X2 in SLI
Asus P9X79 Extreme MOBO
Patriot 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
SSD 250GB + SATA 500GB + SATA 1TB

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2015, 01:54:15 pm »

Thanks, guys!!! I appeciate your words!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16