Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16

Author Topic: [WIP] Boeing AH-64D Apache Longbow  (Read 161075 times)

MrWohoo

• Rotorhead
Re: [WIP] Boeing AH-64D Apache Longbow
« Reply #75 on: August 24, 2015, 12:11:02 pm »

This guy breaks down helicopter mechanics pretty well, give these vids a view
https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZSdN_I4WlGvdepmdlhZpJTTF_meQb4kL

I watched all of that. Thank you very much :)

I hope i can take my PPL(H)-CPL(H). it would really be a dream come true :)
Without Sikorsky, we wouldnt be here !

Uriah

• Global Moderator
  • We do these things not because they are easy. -JFK
« Reply #76 on: August 24, 2015, 12:50:03 pm »

Hey MrWohoo,

You mentioned you were working on a scenery mod for JBLM, any progress you can show on that?

We're think of making the default location for Apache training missions to be launched from JBLM, as I'm a Washington/Seattle native myself, and the area is great for showing off Outerra's beautiful terrain.

The plan is still tentative, and nothing is finalized yet. If we go ahead with this location, it will be released by default in OT cache along with the Apache alpha version, and Acetone is going to be building the roads and I am going to model some buildings for it. If you already have done working in this area, maybe we can all collaborate on it.

Regards,
Uriah

P.S. I annotated a map of Western Washington for those of you who've never been there. One great bonus is that there is already an OT default location nearby, labeled OT 2, which will serve well for training missions to fly between two waypoint, even though it is fictional and JBLM is not.

MrWohoo

• Rotorhead
« Reply #77 on: August 24, 2015, 12:56:03 pm »

Uhm, i am sorry to disappoint you there, but i have no projects ongoing with Outerra at this moment. I am not working on any terrain mods, nor any other mods for outerra.

Perhaps in the future.  I'm from Norway, across the pond anyways so.. :)

I think you're mistaken me for someone else, im a nobody anyways :P

MrWohoo

• Rotorhead
« Reply #78 on: August 24, 2015, 01:10:42 pm »

Heres my Homestead.

Kristiansund N - Norway

Its not much, but its something :)

Uriah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #79 on: August 24, 2015, 01:13:31 pm »

I think you're mistaken me for someone else

Ha ha, sorry you are right. My brain must be failing me today!  :P

EDIT: I'm not completely crazy though! It was Woogey, which is slightly similar to MrWohoo=D Okay maybe not, but that's how it worked out in my mind.

Regards,
Uriah
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 01:15:32 pm by Uriah »

MrWohoo

• Rotorhead
« Reply #80 on: August 24, 2015, 03:12:04 pm »

No Worries :)

But off topic here, but has anyone of you made yourself a cockpit simulator ?

I was thinking of doing that, but im struggeling to choose between simple or advanced ( basically standing there with a bunch of wires thinking "i have no idea what im doing" sorta deal)

Simple would be to get a seat, joystick & throttle ( in my case its the A-10C Warthog, its high quality heaven), rudder pedals and a Oculus Rift kit.

It would be awesome in for example Arma3, Xplane, Outerra etc.

Opinions ? :)

Woogey

« Reply #81 on: August 24, 2015, 05:02:14 pm »

Haha, I have nothing to show yet no, still in the planing/Learning stages.  The trees already in Outerra would make for a great Pac NW map.  This is also why I asked about citiescapes.  Is there any way to fill Lake Washington with water?  Also I live near a very distinctive lake called "Tapps"  It is used for VFR Navigation by all the Military guys after they crest the mountains on there way back to base.  Is there any way to make this lake a Reality?

Mr. Woohoo, I personally have a "basic pit" as you call it.  I have a 23" touch screen for the pit, then a 40" LCD for my outside view with a TrackIr 5.  Peripherals are covered by a TM Warthog Hotas, and Saitek Combat rudder pedals.  I have plans like you for a Rift in January when they come out.  I want to mount it to a helmet, on a flip down mount like NVG's.

I too play Arma 3.  Maybe we will get lucky, and ARMA 4 will be built in the Outerra Engine!  Maybe we should all push to make that a reality?  That combo could blow all the other Milsims away!     
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 06:42:14 pm by Woogey »

Woogey

« Reply #82 on: August 24, 2015, 08:25:56 pm »

P.S. I annotated a map of Western Washington for those of you who've never been there. One great bonus is that there is already an OT default location nearby, labeled OT 2, which will serve well for training missions to fly between two waypoint, even though it is fictional and JBLM is not.

Hey Uriah, I am new enough to not know the answer to this question that I touched on in my last post.  It looks like water is only rendered at sea level in your map?  Lake Washington is a Mud Hole, next to it Lake Samamish is the same, and the Columbia river quickly dries up as the elevation rises.  Can these be remedied, or are we waiting for further platform development?  -Woog 
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 11:37:40 pm by Woogey »

MrWohoo

• Rotorhead
« Reply #83 on: August 24, 2015, 08:27:37 pm »

Haha Arma 4 in Outerra :P Well, it would be quite interesting with Outerra engine as a military simulator.. i do wonder if they could fix the bad physics they have in their own engine :)

But yeah, i have the Hotas Warthog A-10C joystick and throttle, with Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5..  I was thinking of buying a joystick with force feedback, but i havent been able to fine one yet, which is irritating. make an extender for said joystick and voilà :)
Also, thinking of buying 3-4 pistons for pitch/roll..

all in all, i reckon it'll be good !

Uriah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #84 on: August 24, 2015, 08:45:18 pm »

Hi Woogey,

Well that is just fine with us, we're going to finalize plans for the default Apache location, including a simple training mission with defined parameters and objectives, and JBLM is location at the top of the list currently. Acetone I consider to be arguably the most experience person in the community in terms of building detailed scenery mods, I am sure he'll do a great job, and I'm excited to have him on-board for the project.

For lakes and rivers there are currently two options, you can either use the lake meshes, created by KW71 which can be found here: http://forum.outerra.com/index.php?topic=3058.0. THe other option is to use the new OT river system, although it has directional flow currently which might look funny for a lake.

River and lake data is planned to be imported from OSM vector layer for the entire world and procedurally generated, along with roads if you didn't know that already. Literally the entire world. Procedural geo-typical buildings are also a planned feature, using OSM data, at some point in the future, and Outerra has been working on procedural vegetation since the beginning of OT.

We'll add all major rivers and lakes to the Washington scenery for sure, using what methods are available to us at the time of release. I don't think there will be cities in this scenery mod, unless Acetone decides to go all out, but that would be pointless because the earth dataset (90m) is going to change at some point to a more detailed/higher resolution dataset (76/30).

Regards,
Uriah

Woogey

« Reply #85 on: August 24, 2015, 10:35:59 pm »

I know this scenery conversion has taken the AH-64D topic off on a crazy tangent.  However, the as a Home "Map" for the Apache, I find it to still be relevant.  ;-)  A buddy, and myself have been working hard on a JBLM scenery for FSX/P3d which is why I thought it would be fun to transfer as much as possible into Outerra.  However, the process we are using is largely UN-feasible for Outerra.  With that said, I would like to contribute as much as possible the research I have done for both Fort Lewis/ Gray AAF and McChord AFB.  My thoughts were to start small, by only including custom buildings that were represented on the FAA airfield diagrams. 

As a Side note I would also like to purchase the Seattle and Tacoma city models, and develop them out with new custom textures and hand placement.  For this, I will need assistance, and mentoring.  All this I would like to donate to the Project.  I am not looking for a profit source, only to learn and perfect my skills. 

A Note on OSM, I have been busy placing building footprints for both the Puget Sound area, and also for the San Diego/SoCal area.  The U.S. OSM database is very inconsistent, and I try to focus on areas in the final approach zones of my favorite airports, and also along shorelines near Shipping Ports.   If a Forum Moderator, would like to move this conversation, may I suggest we create a Pacific NW Map sub-category?  -Woog     

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #86 on: August 25, 2015, 06:11:23 pm »

New Gunner TEDAC (TADS Electronic Display and Control):

"The TADS Electronic Display and Control (TEDAC) is the modernized replacement for the Optical Relay Tube (ORT) located in the co-pilot/gunner (CPG) crewstation of the AH-64 Apache Helicopter.  The TEDAC presents the CPG with high resolution sensor video from the Modernized Target Acquisition and Designation Sight (M-TADS) (known as "Arrowhead").

TEDAC replaces the ORT's small CRT display and direct view optics with a large 5" x 5" flat-panel cockpit display that utilizes active matrix liquid crystal display (AMLCD) technology.  This higher resolution display improves the CPG's ability to engage targets while providing greater situational awareness and more survivable space in the cockpit.

In comparison to the ORT, TEDAC provides substantially higher reliability. Moreover, its modular design and improved fault detection allow for simpler two-level support. These improvements reduce system maintenance and operational downtime by 50%"

Source: http://www.lockheedmartin.com/m/us/products/TADSElectronicDisplayControl.html
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 10:13:01 pm by KW71 »
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

MrWohoo

• Rotorhead
« Reply #87 on: August 26, 2015, 10:13:47 am »

Wow, nicely done..

Looks really good :)

Are the screens just temporary placerholders ?

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #88 on: August 26, 2015, 11:39:46 am »

Wow, nicely done..

Thanks, MrWohoo!
I'm not sure if I understand what you mean with "temporary placerholders"...
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

HiFlyer

« Reply #89 on: August 26, 2015, 11:53:23 am »

Wow, nicely done..

Thanks, MrWohoo!
I'm not sure if I understand what you mean with "temporary placerholders"...

I think he's wondering if the screens are fakes or actual moving displays.
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16