Outerra Engine > Development screen shots and videos

Further updates to texturing

<< < (2/3) > >>

KW71:
Way better!!!

In the second picture, the patch of bare land is now more subtle and natural. The rocks are more visible and appealing from distance... Great!!!

Congratulations and thanks!!!

"But i think if in the next version you reduce de biggest size lets say in 25-30%, you will make a much more real world."

I agree with that. The huge trees make the mountains look smaller than they are... But the reduction in size would also reduce de "visual density" of the forest... Something in between...

Revolver:

--- Quote from: cameni on April 04, 2015, 01:33:13 pm ---After some changes to the rock coloring, here are some further changes to the terrain and rock texturing overall... 
--- End quote ---

3 pictures from above (without tree) looks more realistic.

josem75:

--- Quote from: ZeosPantera on April 04, 2015, 03:23:02 pm ---I like it.. I think I can't tell which is which but one of them is an improvement!

--- End quote ---

You scared me for some second, but then if you move hte bar to the right you can see Old and New text in the pictures in the right down corner xDD

HiFlyer:
Very nice!

--- Quote from: josem75 on April 04, 2015, 03:58:55 pm ---I know the trees and their size are temporary. But i think if in the next version you reduce de biggest size lets say in 25-30%, you will make a much more real world. The smaller size for me is ok, but the biggest and the average result is too big. Or maybe some specie, one or two can be almost that big but the general group should look less than actually.
Having smaller trees will be more natural and will make outerra terrain looks better and more natural too in my opinion. Coz now its like you see a scale problem when u are looking at the terrain. I can see in my place mountains, comparing with the real one. And i would say that with all the improvements lately in the terrain, this scale trees problem is the thing you can see  as fail more clear. the diference between what i see in real here and what i see in outerra.

--- End quote ---

I suspect that Outerra is probably closer to what actual trees in the wild look/looked like before people came along and started chopping the crap out of them. In many places in the world, away from human interference, trees grow nice and big.

josem75:

--- Quote from: HiFlyer on April 05, 2015, 07:59:18 am ---Very nice!

--- Quote from: josem75 on April 04, 2015, 03:58:55 pm ---I know the trees and their size are temporary. But i think if in the next version you reduce de biggest size lets say in 25-30%, you will make a much more real world. The smaller size for me is ok, but the biggest and the average result is too big. Or maybe some specie, one or two can be almost that big but the general group should look less than actually.
Having smaller trees will be more natural and will make outerra terrain looks better and more natural too in my opinion. Coz now its like you see a scale problem when u are looking at the terrain. I can see in my place mountains, comparing with the real one. And i would say that with all the improvements lately in the terrain, this scale trees problem is the thing you can see  as fail more clear. the diference between what i see in real here and what i see in outerra.

--- End quote ---

I suspect that Outerra is probably closer to what actual trees in the wild look/looked like before people came along and started chopping the crap out of them. In many places in the world, away from human interference, trees grow nice and big.

--- End quote ---

Exactly. As long as at the moment we cant choose specie and size trees by region, all will look the same, so for a wild forest where trees competing for the sun, this big is ok, but in normal mountains like for example my place, the outerra image produce a big diference in trees, they are probably almost double bigger than reality here, so this make a big diference in the picture comparison.
Asjusting the size would end in a much more accurate in comparison, coverall with all the last improvements in terrain.

For that i think would be nice a 20-30% smaller. BUt anyway angrypig said a more complex trees system is coming. So there we will be able to choose specie and size y region.

The lack in outerra now are bushes. When a bushes system is achieved with variety and colors, the terrain will look crazy.. In fact is incredible terrain look good without them, ant it does..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version