Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: MQ-9 Reaper  (Read 10971 times)

bugsblake

• jedi master
MQ-9 Reaper
« on: April 12, 2015, 08:12:37 am »

Hi all! I did this for outerra a long time ago and never had time to finish it.

It works as its meant to but only think I never got around to finishing was the landing gear! its all rigged up, just needs the code fixed to open/close.

If anyone does get the landing gear working, please post the updated code here so others can enjoy it too, that's all I ask.

will add a pic later, im in a rush at the moment, enjoy :)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/yd9y7yxx3d0r78k/MQ_9_Reaper.bugsblake.otx
Intel 6 core i7 Xeon - 4930k @3.40 GHz
GTX 770 4GB X2 in SLI
Asus P9X79 Extreme MOBO
Patriot 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
SSD 250GB + SATA 500GB + SATA 1TB

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
Re: MQ-9 Reaper
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 09:29:01 am »

You cant post stuff whiteout a snapshot, just like that !  =D

Great model there !
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 09:48:03 am by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

HiFlyer

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2015, 09:35:56 am »

I've used it occasionally.....
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

bugsblake

• jedi master
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2015, 12:44:40 pm »

Thanks HiFlyer! :)

With gear working and a few lights it will be sweet! I made the engine as close to real spec as I could, think it worked out nice.

I just don't have the time I used to keep working on it so leaving it in the very capable hand of the forum :)

hope y'all like it :)
GTX 770 4GB X2 in SLI
Asus P9X79 Extreme MOBO

Hooves

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2015, 02:32:48 pm »

Hey there, are there any updates on this model getting more cleaned up?  Working gear and such?  Id be interested in using this for a project. 

aWac9

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2015, 10:57:28 am »

720/1080 pHd

:)

bugsblake

• jedi master
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2015, 12:20:13 pm »

hi hooves, I don't really have time to work on much anymore theses days so I left it here for everyone! if I get time maybe ill have a go but can really say when if ever! being outerra development is slower then a snail, I left it behind! even cryengine and all its flaws have never changed so giving unreal engine 4 a shot now as ill have my rift dk2 in a couple of weeks! maybe once I have that I may give the landing gear another go, but no promises!
GTX 770 4GB X2 in SLI
Asus P9X79 Extreme MOBO

Hooves

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2015, 11:30:06 am »

Thanks for the heads up.  I hope you return to this project.  If you would like some more input on this model to make it complete realistic.  Please let me know.  I'm a SME on this aircraft for a civilian company.

Uriah

• Global Moderator
  • We do these things not because they are easy. -JFK
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2015, 11:19:54 pm »

bugsblake, if you could re-import the aircraft with BONES for all of the pivot axis for the landing, I could easily write the script to animate them.

Regards,
Uriah.

bugsblake

• jedi master
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2015, 01:12:44 pm »

hi Uriah! the bones are already on the model for the gear! I just never got round to coding them! I no longer have the model outside of outerra, was lost with a dead HD!  :( but the bones are there ;)
GTX 770 4GB X2 in SLI
Asus P9X79 Extreme MOBO

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2015, 02:45:19 pm »

hi Uriah! the bones are already on the model for the gear! I just never got round to coding them! I no longer have the model outside of outerra, was lost with a dead HD!  :( but the bones are there ;)

... thats bad, we need the bones orientation (doe, can be figured out by a few test-rotations) and bone/mesh-names for animating them (but maybe there is a way to extract them from the OT-model files ?).
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Uriah

• Global Moderator
  • We do these things not because they are easy. -JFK
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2015, 03:29:16 pm »

If the BONES are set up correctly I'll be able to recover the necessary info to fix the animation using the debug keys. Really too bad you lost it, :( I would really have liked to make it fully functional, and for that I would have needed you to add BONES to the gimbal camera and a few other components. Do you still have the FBX file, or any related materials? A list of the meshes and helpers, and the parent-child hierarchy, would be really helpful to know!

I optimized a few things on the package already, and will start on the landing gear animation after this work week is over. I am also attempting to add Bomber's Autopilot, but thus-far unsuccessfully.

How did your HD fail? Click-of-death or header-error? You may be able to recover it either way. Just a few years ago HD recovery was upwards of thousands of dollars USD, now you can get it done for a couple hundred. I recently cold-swapped the platter from one hard drive of mine into a new enclosure and was able to retrieve 100% of the data. Cold swapping is the art of putting your HD in the freezer in order to get the head un-stuck from the platter after a click-of-death failure, and then quickly putting the platter in the new enclosure, firing it up, and transferring the data ASAP.

I'll upload the new package this coming weekend when I have some "free" time. (Free time is a complete oxymoron!)

Best regards,
Uriah

HiFlyer

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2015, 07:53:45 pm »

I hear so many times about HD death and people losing important files and just shake my head. Its been so many years since i lost a drive, I can't actually remember when it was. I keep mine really cool. I wonder if they have a tendency to fail faster under certain conditions.

Anyway, Its a shame such a nice model may be gone.
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

bugsblake

• jedi master
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2015, 01:02:12 pm »

hi, if you open the js file for the reaper, you will see I already had a go with the landing gear, without success! but the bones are listed in there ;)
GTX 770 4GB X2 in SLI
Asus P9X79 Extreme MOBO