Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [WIP] Apollo Lunar Module  (Read 27062 times)

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
Re: [WIP] Apollo Lunar Module
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2015, 10:46:18 am »

"I loved that game. "

Yep!!! Very fun game!!!

Uriah, would help manipulate the images to get rid of most zones with high contrast?

« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 01:59:37 pm by KW71 »
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

Revolver

• Adlerhorst-Hangar Design Group ©
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2015, 12:40:14 pm »

Now, this is everything nice and good, but what say Devs from the Dark Side of the Moon?  =D Want they still to make the afterwards lying planet it, or do we remain without Moon?  ::)
"Es gibt nur eine Sünde, die gegen die ganze Menschheit mit allen ihren Geschlechtern begangen
werden kann, und dies ist die Verfälschung der Geschichte."(F.Hebbel)

aWac9

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2015, 02:21:13 pm »

There are strange things out there watching us ....
before you dive in space, you have to know your limitations.

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2015, 04:16:10 am »

Now, this is everything nice and good, but what say Devs from the Dark Side of the Moon?  =D Want they still to make the afterwards lying planet it, or do we remain without Moon?  ::)

Well, Cameni said there wont be any moon till aether Earth is in good condition (vegetation, enhanced biomes, weather ...). But if they have data needed to port it in OT standards quality aviable and free for use, i think they do it sooner for us, just as Mars, doe i dont think they would yet engage in proper orbital stuff n Sun ( id like to see that one in atmosphere-to-surface version, if there is something we can call a Suns surface :D ).
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Uriah

• Global Moderator
  • We do these things not because they are easy. -JFK
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2015, 04:26:58 am »

I just found that the Viking Global Color Mosaic provided by the USGS Astrogeology Science Center, uses photometric normalization, producing the best diffuse albedo map possible. The projection method uses Simple Cylindrical, same as the MGS MOLA Elevation Model Outerra used for Mars. This should fix all current issues with Mars. The moon datasets have no such problems. I'll start a new thread on this at some point.

In my spare time I built an FDM including the Lunar Module Descent Engine (LMDE) and RCS thruster engines, with descent control system for Digital Autopilot (DAP) and manual flight control for maneuvers using gimbal thrust vectoring of the LMDE and Reaction Control Subsystem. Having some problems with the fuel system currently, to feed all 16 RCS engines from the two OXIDIZER and FUEL tanks. Once that is fixed I'll release a demo, but I don't have much free time due to work.

Best regards,
Uriah

http://astrogeology.usgs.gov/search/details/Mars/Viking/Color/Mars_Viking_ClrMosaic_global_925m/cub
http://astrogeology.usgs.gov/search/details/Mars/GlobalSurveyor/MOLA/Mars_MGS_MOLA_DEM_mosaic_global_463m/cub
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 04:30:33 am by Uriah »

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2015, 06:00:40 am »

This is a great discovery Uriah!
Being able to explore Mars will be amazing. Since the NASA has a lot of free available models, I wonder if we could place the curiosity one at it's current location. Could be a cool easter egg.

Thanks a lot for your efforts, I hope one day we will be able to achieve a full earth/moon flight from Cap :)

Once thing I was thinking about is how it would be possible to render multiple planetary bodies at the same time, with the current Outerra coordinate system. Having multiple datasets loaded at the same time could be a problem... I'm not sure what the devs are planning for this, maybe a transition from a simple 3D object using a simple color map as a long distance planet/moon to a dataset based planet when you get close enough.

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2015, 06:39:20 am »

... but I don't have much free time due to work.

No rush Uriah ...  ;)
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Juggernautz

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2015, 02:21:20 pm »

This is amazing, thanks Uriah!

Cameni, do you think it would be possible to have the option to switch in/load different DEM datasets in-game (parent class of the location picker perhaps)?

Uriah

• Global Moderator
  • We do these things not because they are easy. -JFK
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2015, 02:44:54 pm »

Hi,

Don't thank me yet, still much work to get the imagery ready for Outerra.  ;)

For different planets? I believe that temporarily, absent of a heliocentric solar system and N-body physics, each planet will be loaded separately, like Anteworld or the Middle Earth DEM are currently. You would simply download the world data to your Anteworld_Data folder and start OT with the Moon or Mars. The gravity and atmosphere are handled by the physics engine, not to mention that JSBSim already comes with an atmospheric model for Mars which makes things simpler.

One thing I have realized will be needed for long duration interplanetary transfers in a heliocentric solar system is a way to speed up OT time, as I don't think anyone plans to leave their computer on for a 6-8 month one way simulated mission to Mars.

I'll have time in a few weeks to finish some related work.

Regards,
Uriah

HiFlyer

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2015, 03:18:50 pm »

This is amazing, thanks Uriah!

Cameni, do you think it would be possible to have the option to switch in/load different DEM datasets in-game (parent class of the location picker perhaps)?

Betcha that would be an easier question in a 64bit Outerra........
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro
Pages: 1 [2]