Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: So whut tha' heck is this?  (Read 63410 times)

josem75

Re: So whut tha' heck is this?
« Reply #105 on: January 31, 2016, 05:20:30 pm »

They was very hyped about Unigine.
In my humble opinion, when i play Unigine Demo i end up with a headache.. Due to the blur and not only in midle distance, but even in short if you move "head" fast.
When i see outerra terrain and his sharpness and compare with that unigine blur, i have and never had any doubts about which engine is better for a complete rendered world..  And i will not talk about the hability of unigine to render a entire world because i dont know it.. Anybody know that?  Is this showed anywhere?

Outerra terrain is incredible. Cant compare with anything. So for a flight simulator the best engine for fly over this terrain would be outerra. At least at the moment.

Dont take me wrong, Unigine is GREAT in many tasks. Shadows, ilumination. Have nice packs of trees and details. In those things is better than the actual outerra. But for a world simulator is not that good as outerra is in my opinion.

Outerra lacks of some things which im sure that Cameni, angry and the new guys are working on.  As more color terrain, add more details, coveral shrubs, little plants, trees, osm import, etc.
But its easier to add those details into a great base, than make that base when you still dont have it.. 

I encourage those from this comunity project to join outerra comunity. Maybe we will not build the simulator itself, but we can help outerra as the actual comunity is doing actually.
Uriah, KW71, bomber, Levi, Acetone, AH-DG, Pyton, Stealrat, and all the guys making content (many names) are good examples of how to do, and its working good in my opinion.. Maybe not as fast as many people would like, but good. 
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 07:28:39 pm by josem75 »

HiFlyer

« Reply #106 on: January 31, 2016, 05:30:14 pm »

In the FSdeveloper thread I asked if some of the experienced developers there had an idea what other engines NGIS might explore with UNIGINE and Outerra off the table, but the question seemed to be ignored, and the thread was locked.  =|

To me it was a shame, as getting the opinions of experienced people on possible next generation engines and desirable features would have been fascinating. (for me, at least)
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #107 on: February 01, 2016, 09:19:54 am »

Shame indeed. You turned up late there, when it was already derailed and people posted there just for fun.

Quote from: HiFlyer
As I said in my post, with Unigine and Outerra out of the picture, I'm very curious now about what other options NGIS might explore. In the past, gaming engines have generally been described as not eligible for various reasons by those with development experience (usually because of round-earth concerns) and it leaves me at a loss as to where there is to go now for a truly "next gen" engine.

He posted about engines present at I/ITSEC, maybe Uriah can tell which ones of interest were there. As far as I know, Havok is considered dead in Microsoft's hands. There was the Bohemia's VBS Blue prototype, and another Titan's competitor is VT MÄK, but judge for yourself.

In any case, I find it very hard to believe that these mil sim companies would be thrilled to work with a fresh company that only sells ideas and commitment, however noble the goals.

HiFlyer

« Reply #108 on: February 01, 2016, 04:31:19 pm »

Hmmmmmm.... the available videos of VT Mak in action were not stunning......  =|

This is not something that would excite NGIS, if they didn't think Outerra was up to snuff.
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Revolver

• Adlerhorst-Hangar Design Group ©
« Reply #109 on: February 01, 2016, 09:10:03 pm »

I encourage those from this comunity project to join outerra comunity. Maybe we will not build the simulator itself, but we can help outerra as the actual comunity is doing actually.
Uriah, KW71, bomber, Levi, Acetone, Pyton, Stealrat, and all the guys making content (many names) are good examples of how to do, and its working good in my opinion.. Maybe not as fast as many people would like, but good. 

Well. And I, as always forgotten. You are all Angry. I trimmed in monks and go away from you in monastery. :P =D  :))

HiFlyer,

Entschuldige, wenn ich mich jetzt einmische, aber was versuchst du da zu erzwingen, wenn ich fragen darf? Du rennst in verschiedenen Foren und misch dich in deren Sachen ein. Nun, wenn sie Unengine gewählt haben, dann ist es doch ihren Sache.
Ich meine, sollen sie doch selber alles auslöffeln was die da am ende bekommen...nÖ. Nun, in einem bin ich mir ziemlich sicher, wenn OT fertig sein wird, werden sie alle zurück rennen und noch darum betteln dabei zu sein. Also, hab Geduld...wie wir alle.   :)
Außerdem, in so einen vollkommen neuen Terrain, dass die Jungs von OT auf sich
genommen haben, jegliche Art von eile wird sie anstatt nach vorne immer wieder
zurück werfen. Denn eile ist nur dann gut, wenn man die Läuse fängt. :)) ;)

HABT ALLE GEDULD. ALLES KOMMT, WENN DIE ZEIT DAFÜR REIF SEIN WIRD!

In dem Sinne - Namaste!
"Es gibt nur eine Sünde, die gegen die ganze Menschheit mit allen ihren Geschlechtern begangen
werden kann, und dies ist die Verfälschung der Geschichte."(F.Hebbel)

HiFlyer

« Reply #110 on: February 01, 2016, 09:45:58 pm »

HiFlyer,

Entschuldige, wenn ich mich jetzt einmische, aber was versuchst du da zu erzwingen, wenn ich fragen darf? Du rennst in verschiedenen Foren und misch dich in deren Sachen ein. Nun, wenn sie Unengine gewählt haben, dann ist es doch ihren Sache.
Ich meine, sollen sie doch selber alles auslöffeln was die da am ende bekommen...nÖ. Nun, in einem bin ich mir ziemlich sicher, wenn OT fertig sein wird, werden sie alle zurück rennen und noch darum betteln dabei zu sein. Also, hab Geduld...wie wir alle.   :)
Außerdem, in so einen vollkommen neuen Terrain, dass die Jungs von OT auf sich
genommen haben, jegliche Art von eile wird sie anstatt nach vorne immer wieder
zurück werfen. Denn eile ist nur dann gut, wenn man die Läuse fängt. :)) ;)

HABT ALLE GEDULD. ALLES KOMMT, WENN DIE ZEIT DAFÜR REIF SEIN WIRD!

In dem Sinne - Namaste!

Hmmmmmmmm......... I am involved and a member of a lot of forums, particularly aviation themed, and was actually one of the first, if not the very first member of NGIS, having discovered the forum while it was still under construction and having gotten interested at that time. (A strange experience)

Later, I was also was one of the original testers of the Unigine demo when it was posted at NGIS, and once considered getting even more involved in their efforts until a lot of the fun (for me) drained out of the endevour for various reasons.

It shouldn't be surprising that I keep a close eye on the project.  :)

« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 06:09:29 am by HiFlyer »

Revolver

« Reply #111 on: February 02, 2016, 07:58:20 am »

Alles klar. Dann habe ich einfach was falsch verstanden. Hoffe Du bist nicht böse deswegen.  ;)
"Es gibt nur eine Sünde, die gegen die ganze Menschheit mit allen ihren Geschlechtern begangen

HiFlyer

« Reply #112 on: February 02, 2016, 09:14:31 am »

Alles klar. Dann habe ich einfach was falsch verstanden. Hoffe Du bist nicht böse deswegen.  ;)

Kein Problem.  :)

If NGIS fails spectacularly, having accomplished nothing, then the forces favoring the status quo will feel themselves vindicated, and anyone else that dreams of a community involved simulation effort after that will find their task much harder.

That would be a sad outcome.

bomber

« Reply #113 on: February 02, 2016, 12:40:54 pm »

Hi-flyer has it spot on and I've posted those same concerns to them.

Credibility.

NGiS aren't a competitor to Outerra,  they're no threat to them at all. NGiS are in fact a group of connect developers, although that said I've yet to know of one single content developer in the team. Yes there are a fair few PR and QA team members and I've also posted about this to them in the hope that this changes. I've also made it clear I'm prepared to offer advice on flight modelling if so required.

The people in NGiS have a dream and it's the same dream that I have... that a community of content developers can work together with a world simulation engine developer to create a feature and content rich environment in which to enjoy our hobby.

So if anything they're a competitor to a group of content developers within outerra who are slowly coming together to losely achieve the same goals.

I think competition is good,  I think their approach is wrong... I hope that outerra content/developer business model (for want of a better description) is successful.

I'd rather work with a group of guys with 3d, 2d, programming etc skills than a president, vice presidents QA and PR skills.

So I hope more people wishing to create content, be it planes trains ships and automobiles...even space flight.. come here, make themselves known and we see what can occur if we put our minds to it.

Regards

Simon.
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

josem75

« Reply #114 on: February 02, 2016, 07:32:04 pm »

Well. And I, as always forgotten. You are all Angry. I trimmed in monks and go away from you in monastery. :P =D  :))

Ops.. Of coursee. Edited  8)

Revolver

« Reply #115 on: February 02, 2016, 09:33:03 pm »

Ops.. Of coursee. Edited  8)

oh man, I was only joking. =D
You do not need to take everything seriously. ;)

HiFlyer

« Reply #116 on: February 13, 2016, 10:26:12 am »

Hmmmmmmm... NGIS site seems to be down, today. GoDaddy says the site is "parked"?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 10:32:27 am by HiFlyer »

bomber

« Reply #117 on: February 13, 2016, 10:34:34 am »

Was there half an hour ago,  but the forum wasn't allowing any new posts.... I was thinking of starting a new thread.
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

HiFlyer

« Reply #118 on: February 13, 2016, 11:41:23 am »

Ok, it seems like there has been a forum change. They may have been down for the switchover. Its a clean forum now as it looks like none of the old threads are being transferred over. I guess they are archived, though.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 11:44:51 am by HiFlyer »

bomber

« Reply #119 on: February 13, 2016, 11:52:53 am »

Well I'm glad they've come to the same conclusion about the forum.....

Means I don't have to tell em the obvious. ..
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9