Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: So whut tha' heck is this?  (Read 63247 times)

bomber

Re: So whut tha' heck is this?
« Reply #90 on: September 19, 2015, 11:11:13 am »

Casual glance, not the same thing.
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

bomber

« Reply #91 on: September 19, 2015, 12:00:12 pm »

http://www.hitechcreations.com

http://www.totalsims.com/index.php

Check out these two online wwii air combat sim's, watch some the videos, the language can be a bit fruity mind.

These are old engines being pushed well past their sell by date, and I genuinely think an OT mod can get into this market.

"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

CaptTrego

• Target 4 Today!
« Reply #92 on: September 19, 2015, 12:14:48 pm »

I fly both on occasion.  OT is so 2020 where those 2 are so 1955!  ;)
"Will it ever fly...??"

<CaptTrego!>

aWac9

« Reply #93 on: September 19, 2015, 01:15:04 pm »

fixed post
interesting topic,, but there will be opinions as there are colors in spring
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 04:39:51 pm by aWac9 »

bomber

« Reply #94 on: September 19, 2015, 01:20:04 pm »

When it comes to combat flight sims there are three things..

Graphics
Gameplay
Realism

The no.1 reason for being excited about a game is graphics, but if the Gameplay is poor then graphics alone won't retain players..

Gameplay retains players in the short term but in the long term can't hold onto players as they become more experienced..

Realism is the main driver to hold experienced players but is a massive turn off for both newbies and medium term players..

The key then that holds both the newbies with their graphics and the experienced with their realism is Gameplay...

Gameplay..... Who the hells working on that?

Simon.

aWac9

« Reply #95 on: September 19, 2015, 05:00:34 pm »

approximation to reality is indispensable for success in simulation games such as are those that lead you to total immersion, as is the case with the Virtual Reality.
But even within various depths of realism there, so you have to ensure at least the minimum.
Then comes the artificial intelligence (AI), which is the other ingredient that completes the circle.
But much remains to be done, we have no sand, or dunes, or similar color, we have no vegetation, no rain, (snow) no water in the rivers where they see a fishing boat, or multiple forms of clouds, waterfalls and lightning, of variablesni times seasons, and the earth as seen from space and that is what you will grow in value to outerra.
The other thing we know how to do, and come to look, we just have to wait.
that's my opinion.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 04:38:30 am by aWac9 »

HiFlyer

« Reply #96 on: October 09, 2015, 12:09:01 pm »

Hmmmmmmm................

https://www.reddit.com/r/flightsim/comments/3mzk43/next_generation_flight_simulator_forums_facebook/

Hello Flightsim Reddit,
At Next Generation Interactive Software (NGIS), we are pleased to announce the re-opening of our forums and our newly created Facebook page.

Link to forums: http://nexgenflightsim.com Link to Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NextGenerationInteractiveSoftware

As our team grows in numbers and by immense talent every week, we are eagerly waiting patiently to begin development on the Next Generation Flight Simulator in collaboration with the UNIGINE v2 engine. Currently, our team consists of many developers and software engineers who come with an extensive background with skills in developing Level-D flight simulators (http://aviation.stackexchange.com/questions/3040/what-are-the-differences-between-various-simulator-levels), 3D modeling, terrain development, programming in C++ or C#, graphics, animation, production, audio and quality assurance.

Many of them also have ties within flight simulation community. As we continue to build our project outline, we are planning to start development in the middle of October of this year. As we work closely with the development team at UNIGINE Corp., we are committed and excited to be delivering the Next Generation Flight Simulator to the flight simulation community.

Feel free to join our forums to voice your opinion about the project and what features you would like to see in the flight simulator. Also, "LIKE" our Facebook page to stay constantly updated on new features being implemented and the project itself.

Thank you very much

Kind regards,

-Mark Savard; Team Lead of Communications & Marketing at Next Generation Interactive Software (NGIS)
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

bomber

HiFlyer

« Reply #98 on: January 26, 2016, 06:09:40 pm »

Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

bomber

« Reply #99 on: January 26, 2016, 06:19:52 pm »

Well at least we can speculate here....

Uriah

• Global Moderator
  • We do these things not because they are easy. -JFK
« Reply #100 on: January 26, 2016, 06:20:19 pm »

It sounds almost like they might end up nearly or completely making their own engine?

"Bringing you next generation flight simulation......... in 8 to 10 years, possibly never"

HiFlyer

« Reply #101 on: January 26, 2016, 10:20:56 pm »

Well, to be fair, having a good base engine like unigine, plus active help from unigine could have given them quite a head start. It will be interesting to see what direction they take from here.

HiFlyer

« Reply #102 on: January 28, 2016, 08:04:34 am »

Interesting reading. http://nexgenflightsim.com/discussions/#/discussion/comment/2239

I think that thread was locked for a moment, but has actually been highlighted since then by NGIS http://nexgenflightsim.com/discussions/#/search

NGIS has its own dedicated forum at Flightsim.com, much as there is an unofficial Outerra forum at Avsim. The news of the UNIGINE departure is already causing swirls on that forum, as people wonder whats the next move. http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/forumdisplay.php?93-NGFS-Next-Generation-Flight-Sim

« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 11:30:21 am by HiFlyer »

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #103 on: January 28, 2016, 10:31:54 am »

"I liked the symposium, it was a good idea up until Unigine came along and bated their eye lashes at certain individuals, who then simply rolled over and showed them their belly to be tickled..."

What excellent analogy!!!   =D

"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

HiFlyer

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9