Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: So whut tha' heck is this?  (Read 62383 times)

HiFlyer

Re: So whut tha' heck is this?
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2015, 07:54:47 pm »

So. Of those of you who joined the nexgen forum....... and the only one I know of is Bomber...... did anyone try the Unigine tech demo being exclusively offered there? Any thoughts?
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2015, 09:09:08 pm »

Pros:

- The overall image is  beautiful.
- 3d trees.

Cons:

- Very hard transition between forest and other used textures.
- There are not actual clouds: try to fly at its level or over them.
- The mountains looks nice... from far. When you are getting close to them, you realize that can't compete with OT detail (talking about the terrain itself). Unigine just have normal maps and unnoticeable parallax.
- The ocean looks waaay better in OT.
- The lakes... that solution is as sad as the temporal one I made for OT, but with animated texture. Try to be under the lakes, and you'll see what I mean.
- At ground level, the grass  popping is terrible.
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

HiFlyer

« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2015, 04:23:24 pm »

Well its been an interesting discussion at the Avsim thread, especially when Cameni dropped by. The imagers he posted of OSM in outerra were very exciting!
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

bomber

« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2015, 05:01:18 pm »

I didn't try the engine.....I said why on their forum, don't really care if it's not been accepted as a valid reason, it's my reason, it's my hobby....

What I can say is that there seems to be some bias going on.
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

josem75

« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2015, 05:13:43 pm »

Well its been an interesting discussion at the Avsim thread, especially when Cameni dropped by. The imagers he posted of OSM in outerra were very exciting!

How can we see them? :-o
I think even if ýou put some link here, avsim is not public for all :(  But maybe u can put some captures.

I agree with KW71. And i would add, the 3d trees are flickering a lot, I almost preffer 2d trees in Outerra without flickering. I like Outerra trees, even being 2d, are well done and textures and colours look natural. I just miss double resolution when you are really near, and some move with wind. But being 2d dont know which trick can make them move.. Maybe  a hibrid 2d-"3d". With some separate 2d parts able to move.
In the actual status, even without OSM and all the coming stuff ánd ideas, for me Outerra is in front by far. Terrain is way more natural and better, the world is entire. And when they add some assets, OSM, global world real trees coverage, etc, etc,  then will even kill any discussion. And thats talking just about Terrain and Graphics posibilities being global.
I forgot the "Array" System, which i suggested in the road editor enhacement post. Which would make posible repeat a lot of instances for poles, and much more things. This system implemented can give almost infinite posibilities as i explained there for cover the world.
And Cameni talked about that in Miles of tracks Post, using another name (Repeater) but i guess is the same concept. And it seems is in advanced almost ready develop..

Cameni words: "Repeater requires a modification of the material system to support small instanced geometry rendering without a full blown object pipeline. It's going to be used also for other road and railroad related things like poles, guard rails, but also highway connections, bridges and tunnels.
Material system update depends on shader system update (which is now mostly ready, so it's waiting on a free time slot)".

Outerra 2015 is getting exciting.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 05:18:03 pm by josem75 »

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2015, 07:39:30 pm »

"I didn't try the engine.....I said why on their forum, don't really care if it's not been accepted as a valid reason, it's my reason, it's my hobby....

What I can say is that there seems to be some bias going on."

And you are right. If they already knew what they wanted... ¿what's the point of their symposium?

I have already answered there, if you want to see.
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

HiFlyer

« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2015, 08:17:01 pm »

The thing is, The UNIGINE 2015 roadmap was posted, and its very aggressive, from a team with money and manpower that is moving forwards rapidly, and whose plans are written firmly on the wall. It was impressive.

Outerra has great potential, but right now there is no large money or manpower, and things are moving forward relatively slowly. I wanted Outerra to be choosen, because I think it has enormous potential, probably greater than UNIGINES in the end (unigine is a more traditional engine) and could have used the boost, so I am disappointed.

That being said, I wonder how Outerra can step up their game, so that it stands out more as a obvious choice.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 08:19:50 pm by HiFlyer »

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2015, 08:31:11 pm »

Well, I wish them luck, because I can't do nothing with Unigine... As you have read in their page, I emailed Unigine long time ago, asking for a chance  to have acces to the engine, for studying purposes....

You can't learn what is not in your reach.

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2015, 03:18:30 am »

Which thread?

HiFlyer

« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2015, 03:34:36 am »

Which thread?

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/469292-the-new-faster-leaner-next-generation-flight-simulator-sim-posium-is-now-available-for-your-input/page-26

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2015, 08:59:44 am »

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/469292-the-new-faster-leaner-next-generation-flight-simulator-sim-posium-is-now-available-for-your-input/page-26

Some eye candy for those who don't have access to AVSIM:

Quote from: Cameni

Note this is WIP, terrain was not leveled and roads do not connect seamlessly yet, road coloring is is there just to show OSM road types etc. But these tests show us the feasibility of the vector overlay system: we imported the whole world, creating 29,583,113 km of roads and the whole system works really well.

Buildings can be placed manually or imported from vector sources or procedurally generated to achieve geo-typical look. All of it is in development.

The thread is interesting, but a bit too much "my opinion is the opinion" for me. It's sometimes a bit sad to see people spending a lot of time arguing about each other position - so much time wasted on so insignificant things. This and the numerous "I'm not an expert but this is the best technical solution".

HiFlyer

« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2015, 01:38:10 pm »

This was posted as a representative sample of what outerra looks like. Anyone here ever seen outerra look like that?

josem75

A-W
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2015, 01:51:53 pm »

This was posted as a representative sample of what outerra looks-´*

Some people talk about Outerra without knowing it at all..
Just for some few references, old images, or a short personal test without the propper atmosphere configuration, etc.
Also talking with prejudges about procedural methods for get real scenaries.

This image is so weird..  I am getting some great results  with some configurations and also with the help of RESHADE.
My only problem is that i cant rec a Video with Reshade effects. Because the recorder ignore it. I am looking the way to do.  I think i need a exterior recorder for do it. I was trying with camtasia. BUt stil i cant do propperly.

I wanted to open a thread talking about Outerra ilumination. For a constructive vision of it.  I am very demanding in that and i saw a few lighting problems in Outerra. Coverall, the new bloom make light colors and snow too white. And if you want more contrast there, your shadows will be too dark.
After test a lot, i got an excelent result solving totally this problem. I will see how i can show it for everybody.
Now i am also trying with mirillis program recorder. But the same.. Reshade effects are not recorded there..

I want to make a future thread sharing this reshade configuration. Maybe Cameni can add a few controls like curves, hue, etc (like reshade do with opengl) directly in the engine which would allow users to make a custom perfect lighting without reshade helping.
Also after the last update, the terrain looks much better. I dont know any engine with that mountains and rocks. For me Unigine is another "flat terrain" engine more, with very nice assets, but the terrain is all "flat". Just some images dont make justice to outerra at all. and i want to change that.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 02:17:38 pm by josem75 »

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2015, 01:55:07 pm »

Considering the weird shadows and the texture color, I bet it's an outdated driver. Even by modifying heavily the athmos settings, there is no way you can get a grass like that...

This is the closest thing I can get with weird settings:

josem75

Re: A-W
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2015, 02:46:57 pm »

This image is so weird..  I am getting some great results  with some configurations and also with the help of RESHADE.
My only problem is that i cant rec a Video with Reshade effects. Because the recorder ignore it. I am looking the way to do.  I think i need a exterior recorder for do it. I was trying with camtasia. But stil i cant do propperly.

Something like that.  Make much more justice to the engine..  I will try to have time and at least, if i cant record videos, Take some nice pictures

Here you can see, a perfect (for me) relation between highlights and darker shadows sides. Where lighter parts of the scenary are not burn, and dark are not black..  This in video should be much better to show
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 02:54:43 pm by josem75 »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9