Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: [Released] Cessna 172A  (Read 35759 times)

bomber

Re: [Released] Cessna 172A
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2015, 06:36:30 am »

Ok Levi, i worked on the fdm last evening,  to bring the code in-line with the ask13.. I'll check out ground stearage and animation tonight if I get time before going to the pub quiz.
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

HiFlyer

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2015, 10:03:47 am »

And welcome back, Levi, long time no-see.  :D
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

aWac9

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2015, 11:12:48 am »

I do not appreciate the nut effect. the plane at takeoff must tend to go left as a result of rotation of the propeller.
Effect nut. The motor turns the propeller in a sense so as Newton's 3rd law, the entire plane will try to spin in the opposite direction (action-reaction). Like the vast majority of aircraft propeller rotates in the direction of clockwise (viewed from the cab), the reaction force is exercised on the left side of the plane in the opposite direction to the rotation of the propeller. In addition, at high power while the plane is on the ground (takeoff), this effect causes the left wheel support more weight than the right, which provides more friction, more resistance and increase the tendency to yaw to the left.

This nut effect is hardly noticeable in straight and level flight cruise.

wake of the propeller

http://www.manualvuelo.com/PBV/PBV19.html

well found levi.
:)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 11:18:06 am by aWac9 »

bomber

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2015, 01:50:07 pm »

You're talking about p factor

http://www.faa.gov/regulations_policies/handbooks_manuals/aviation/pilot_handbook/media/PHAK%20-%20Chapter%2004.pdf

page 27...

I assume you're unhappy that it's too little, unfortunately there's no measurement of this effect that I can call on as a guide... We just have too adjust the value that produces it, hopefully a pilot with experience would come forward and say "yeh that's spot on"

I suggest with my next update I'll also detail what property in the flight model to adjust, so as you can have a go yourself until you have the right feel....

regards

Simon
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

aWac9

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2015, 02:02:21 pm »

I am equally happy with Outerra.
I always say you have to go slowly and with good lyrics
any progress is a step towards happiness.
 ;)

aWac9

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2015, 07:20:00 pm »

Do you know which airport is it?
720/1080phd
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 03:44:57 am by aWac9 »

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2015, 05:11:33 am »

Thanks guys for the welcome back! I really hope to be more active from now on.

Do you know which airport is it?
Milford Sound Airport in New Zealand? :)
Such a beautiful place!

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2015, 07:08:21 am »

Hi there, and very nice job on the FDM Simon! :)

Here is my version of the Cessna featuring bomber's new FDM and Acetone's sound pack, among other changes and fixes: Download

Changelog:
- New package folder structure.
- Bomber's new FDM.
- Acetone's sound pack (interior and exterior sounds switches according to camera positions and doors state (open/closed)):
    - Wind
    - Avionics
    - Flaps
    - Engine
    - Propeller
- Wing Level AP (turned On when you leave the pilot's seat. Default key: "V")
- Fixed FCS (flight control surfaces) animations.
- Fixed Fuel Quantity gauge.

Note: Due to package folder structure changes, I would recommend you to manually delete the c172 folder in /packages/Levi/ before installing this one.

Simon, apart from the inverted rudder, it seems that I can't steer the plane on ground at low speeds. And even the property to animate the nose gear steering doesn't work anymore. But I guess these issues are easily fixable.

Nice, welcome back Levi!  :D

Your code is indeed way more good than mine for the sounds :) I still have a touch-down sound if you want, but no rolling sound. I have the impression that the rumble is a bit lower than what it should be.

BTW, the sound is not mine but made by Alfredo Fernandes from Dreamfoil Creations. They do a lot of nice heli, so if you have X-plane, you may want to take a look at it :)

aWac9

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2015, 08:08:29 am »

the teacher has a good eye.
levi welcome back, we missed you
You do not know the times I've dreamed of this helicopter propellers turning

« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 09:03:33 am by aWac9 »

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2015, 09:08:21 am »

Nice, welcome back Levi!  :D
Thanks!

Your code is indeed way more good than mine for the sounds :) I still have a touch-down sound if you want, but no rolling sound. I have the impression that the rumble is a bit lower than what it should be.
You're right on rumble being a bit lower, try this one: c127.js

I've seen the touch-down sound, but since there's no rolling sound, I don't think the result will be too good. I could add the touch-down sound anyways, if you guys want so. :)

the teacher has a good eye.
levi welcome back, we missed you
You do not know the times I've dreamed of this helicopter propellers turning
Thanks for the welcome back!
The ICAO airport code(NZMF) you put in your video was a good hint to guess the location. :))
Oh yeah, the helicopter. I have to continue working on it...

aWac9

« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2015, 08:50:09 am »

Now it will not be so easy. there is no evidence, only those who know the world will know to know this amazing place,,, a remote place where the devil lost pants.
Does anyone know of where we talk?
720/1080
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 09:29:00 am by aWac9 »

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2015, 09:14:17 am »

aWac9, that place looks very familiar to me. ^-^

So my guess is: Tenzing-Hillary Airport, also known as Lukla Airport, located in eastern Nepal.

Btw, nice video there, as usual!

aWac9

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2015, 09:26:46 am »

:(  I have to think
the next will be impossible ... I have to gain ,,,I have to gain ...I have to gain
;)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 09:34:50 am by aWac9 »

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2015, 09:43:56 am »

Now it will not be so easy. there is no evidence, only those who know the world will know to know this amazing place,,, a remote place where the devil lost pants.
Does anyone know of where we talk?
720/1080

Fun part is that it was the first scenery created in Outerra, the blue buildings are from here :)

BTW, aWac9, it looks like you have made a lot of nice locations. Would you like to share these?

aWac9

« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2015, 10:18:01 am »

Acetona.
for some unknown reason many of the scenarios I've done are very unstable, and are not recommended to install,,,, do not know why I guess sometimes are conflicts of roads, or some mod. especially those of gramofeno etc .. for that reason I have not shared .. but if I want to know do and compress to otx for the community, once they are stable.
send me an email or link on how to do and I send one of my esenarios and your loevalúas,,,, so you see what I mean.
The ideal is to represent the landscape as it is, but I used the island of Agalega as a test of all the mods and maybe you can watch or arrange a nest of conflicts.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5