Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: [Released] Cessna 172A  (Read 35760 times)

Revolver

• Adlerhorst-Hangar Design Group ©
Re: [Released] Cessna 172A
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2015, 05:40:18 pm »

Now it will not be so easy. there is no evidence, only those who know the world will know to know this amazing place,,, a remote place where the devil lost pants.
Does anyone know of where we talk?
720/1080

Luklaaaa....still a nice video. Thank you aWac!
"Es gibt nur eine Sünde, die gegen die ganze Menschheit mit allen ihren Geschlechtern begangen
werden kann, und dies ist die Verfälschung der Geschichte."(F.Hebbel)

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2015, 09:16:05 am »

Acetona.
for some unknown reason many of the scenarios I've done are very unstable, and are not recommended to install,,,, do not know why I guess sometimes are conflicts of roads, or some mod. especially those of gramofeno etc .. for that reason I have not shared .. but if I want to know do and compress to otx for the community, once they are stable.
send me an email or link on how to do and I send one of my esenarios and your loevalúas,,,, so you see what I mean.
The ideal is to represent the landscape as it is, but I used the island of Agalega as a test of all the mods and maybe you can watch or arrange a nest of conflicts.

Ok =)
If you need it, here is a quick tutorial to create a single package scenery with only the location you want to share :
  • Make a backup of your cache folder in your Outerra user folder (C:/yourname/Outerra)
  • Go to your Outerra user folder, open eng.cfg. Set the value for "debug_keys =" to "true"
  • Open Outerra, go to the location where the roads and buildings you want to share are.
  • Press Alt+i. Some informations will be displayed on the ground, you are looking at the coordinates, which will look like "+x/47/6F/E7/00". This is exactly where the location cache data is stored in your cache folder.
  • Explore your scenery to see what cache files are needed. For a medium sized scenery (100/200 km²), you don't need to go deeper than "+x/47/6F" for example.
  • Go to your cache folder and copy it somewhere else. Delete all the folders and files that are not a part of the data you are using (the logic path you identified above)
Now you have isolated the cache data of your scenery. Don't forget to identify precisely where the scenery is if you share your data, because it will overwrite anything other users may have done in this area if they install it. It's currently not possible to merge two cache datasets.

To share it, simply create an .otx file:

• Make sure your data is organized in the same logic path than in your Outerra user folder: cache/earth/object/+x/etc.
  • Use 7zip or any other compressing software to zip this package. Rename the pack to scenery_name.otx (default is scenery_name.zip) before compressing
You have a ready to share single package of your scenery. Just remember to make a backup of your cache data before testing it.

You can also add campos using the same logic in the .otx (campos/...) to make access to your scenery more easy for users.
To test the package, simply move your personal cache folder to an other location, install the .otx and check if everything is here :)

Uriah

• Global Moderator
  • We do these things not because they are easy. -JFK
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2015, 03:31:01 pm »

Acetone, I promote this post to it's own thread on the Scenery board!  8)

Best regards,
Uriah

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2015, 03:36:58 pm »

Acetone, I promote this post to it's own thread on the Scenery board!  8)

Best regards,
Uriah

Oh, it's supposed to sit right at the end of the scenery tutorial. You know, the one nobody noticed, even if it's available in the forum  :D (but I managed to keep it secret, because it's not finished yet)

aWac9

« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2015, 08:00:46 pm »

dangerous Airports
What's this?
1080phd

Saludos

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2015, 04:06:11 am »

That's a very cool airport right there!

And pretty easy to guess ^-^

Courchevel Altiport, France:

aWac9

« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2015, 04:46:41 am »

The next will be untraceable  8)
I find something so difficult that neither levi'll find out ..
I still think  ::)

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2015, 06:14:50 am »

http://dailynewsdig.com/top-ten-scariest-airport-runways-in-the-world/

... i like Sabas Juancho E. Yrausquin Airport for some reason.
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

aWac9

« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2015, 04:42:34 am »

PytonPango says she likes Saba airport in the Caribbean Netherlands
so I set to work and made a short video of the island, very fast, simple and without any complications.
the length of the runway is too short, the shortest in the world (396 m - 1293 ft) .is 18 m high. above sea level.
Juancho curiosities:
At the airport terminal there is an office building for Winair, immigration and security, a fire department with a fire truck and a tower. The tower is an advisory service only, and do not provide air traffic control. Aviation fuel is not available on the island of Saba.
Do we travel to Saba on a jet? ... No thanks.
1080phd

PytonPago

« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2015, 04:55:38 am »

You made a whole scenery there ! Man, aWac9 ... unexpectedly awesome and fast too. Its also interesting how the steep shoreline is flattened in OT due to the terrain-data resolution, still, is an perfect place to try short-landings. Almost like you would try to land on an aircraft-carrier without the hook.

P.S.: ... im not a girl. HISSSSS ...  :D (she - he)
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

aWac9

« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2015, 05:43:00 am »

it really is a very dangerous airfield, but it is curious that in his record any accident ever happened.
Mr. PytonPago,, I hope that your wishes are fulfilled, as will be seen in Ural had a clue ... only we lacked a fire truck,, but this mission that I leave to you.
another thing I miss in outerra are two mod a lamp that illuminates at night and to have a night time environment and a palm tree .. you see I also have desires.:)
Let's see how hard it is to land in this tin can.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 05:48:56 am by aWac9 »

PytonPago

« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2015, 07:12:47 am »

Well, once the illumination-textures are handled properly, then should be no problem to make house-models with them slapped on them. But making some lamps should go (only they needed to be imported as vehicles for having the scripts for them for now, but no problem making a rod and put a light-source on its end in script.)

... true words ... i need to make an fire-truck version of the ural too.  =D

Nice find of that landing-video ... kinda scarry too ( making an oculus version of it would resuld in some interesting reactions from people :D ) .
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 07:15:45 am by PytonPago »

HiFlyer

« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2015, 07:22:49 am »

Well, once the illumination-textures are handled properly, then should be no problem to make house-models with them slapped on them.

When I asked Tonywob about his buildings, he replied that they were designed with emissive textures in mind, and that the vast majority of them would be very simple to illuminate once they became available. It will be even easier because most of his buildings share several basic textures.
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

FarlanderMiG

« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2015, 12:55:55 pm »

Pretty awesome. i was acually able to "drop a wing" in this one.

heres my few small problems.

rudder is reversed..

Its hard to do a proper takeoff and landing because you can easily get too high AoA before the plane gives you any "feedback". nose comes up as soon as you power on. when landing its easy to pull the nose up too high without getting any effects showing that you're actually stalling. hard to explain it.

other than that it feels pretty great :)

FarlanderMiG

« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2015, 06:37:19 pm »

Also. Speaking to a friend of mine that flies the c172 he told me that the cessna will spin with flaps and some throttle on, but that it will recover even if you keep pulling max elevator. (although opposite rudder and centered ailerons is needed)

Edit: Sorry.. spoke to him again, and it seems like it will also spin without flaps
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 06:45:19 pm by FarlanderMiG »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5