Outerra Engine > Development screen shots and videos

Evaluation of 30m elevation data in Outerra

<< < (2/8) > >>

Acetone:
Really interesting, it seems like it also makes a lot of difference in the areas with small and flat hills (visible in the beginning of the video). These areas are completely flat in the current dataset.
Nice work :D

josem75:

--- Quote from: Acetone on May 27, 2015, 04:48:47 pm ---Really interesting, it seems like it also makes a lot of difference in the areas with small and flat hills (visible in the beginning of the video). These areas are completely flat in the current dataset.
Nice work :D

--- End quote ---

I agree. Change drastically. the detail added is huge. And more important. What we see is surelly closer to real life. Your Sceneries will look almost real :p   
note for people: See differences between the stairs mountains formation in the left in second 14, and after when is covered with 30m..  How natural looks.. awesome.

Casuality. Those days i was checking the 30m SRTM status.

http://www.digital-geography.com/announcement-realease-worldwide-high-resultion-srtm-data-30m/#.VWYwFc_tlBc

I was seeing we have almost all. And thinking maybe outerra can check a lot of parts. (it seems those guys are always silently in the action, and they was already doing that) xD.
In July will come also China and Japan, and in septembre Northeast africa.
We can actually enjoy and check almost all the earth. 

HiFlyer:
Nice. When it comes, first thing I am going to do is wander the world to catalog any interesting Anomalies and explore out of the way areas!

Will also be interesting to see if there are any effects on road placement . .....

DenisJ:
Watched video in 0.5x to explore the extent of changes to the fullest  8)

That's really awesome, keep it up!

bomber:
Yeh but what do the white cliffs of Dover look like...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version