Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Nellis range?  (Read 11588 times)

Hooves

Nellis range?
« on: May 28, 2015, 04:54:32 pm »

Hey there, has anyone attempted to make the Nellis range with Creech AFB?  It seems like an Ideal place to try and make something as there isnt much out there as far as city to recreate, and the highway running by it is a straight shot to vegas.

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
Re: Nellis range?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 02:09:33 am »

... seems an interesting place ...
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 03:41:00 am »

I have some experience with crossing runways, and let me tell you it's really hard to make these properly right now.
I will test it today, if the terrain is flat enough, it can maybe be done :)

HiFlyer

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2015, 04:32:30 am »

I have some experience with crossing runways, and let me tell you it's really hard to make these properly right now.

Yup, crossing runways is a nightmare. When I tried it a few times I was wishing there was an accurate tool for setting the two runways at the same height, as well as a soft merge. I was trying to make some really big runways for the heavies.  =|
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2015, 05:21:55 am »

Yup, crossing runways is a nightmare. When I tried it a few times I was wishing there was an accurate tool for setting the two runways at the same height, as well as a soft merge. I was trying to make some really big runways for the heavies.  =|

If the terrain is flat enough, you can set a precise altitude in the road tool before creating the runway. Runway slope is generated from a difference between the first and the last waypoint elevation (with a maximum slope), so if the terrain is flat enough, you can get a soft merge without even having to move some road segments :)

HiFlyer

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2015, 06:40:49 am »

The problem is finding terrain flat enough.........

Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Hooves

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2015, 10:31:59 am »

Try taking a look at Creech afb it's about 45 miles NW of vegas.  Its pretty flat it sits at the southern end of the range  airspace.

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2015, 10:49:39 am »

Trust me, flat is a non existent thing in Outerra  :P

Anyway, it's a test, not perfect but the runways are correctly located and with the good dimension. As always, it's sometimes difficult to have the good absolute heading:

And why not make one of these lakes a real lake:

Will add more taxiways later, to finish the airport area.

HiFlyer

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2015, 11:02:07 am »

Of all the things I'm waiting for in outerra: Perfected clouds, Osm, Weather, coastlines, better road tools...... what I want most, most, most of all is lakes and rivers. I can wait nearly forever for the rest of it, if the final leg of the world scenery triad finally arrives.

Hooves

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2015, 11:51:33 am »

Well the lake out there is dry and there are targets out there for the Bombers to practice.  Give me a few days and I can provide pictures to where they are and the order they are placed.  But yeah it shoukd def be a dry lake bed.

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2015, 03:57:04 am »

Well the lake out there is dry and there are targets out there for the Bombers to practice.  Give me a few days and I can provide pictures to where they are and the order they are placed.  But yeah it shoukd def be a dry lake bed.

No, it's Lake Mead, south of Las Vegas :)

Hooves

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2015, 12:29:10 pm »

No, it's Lake Mead, south of Las Vegas :)

Oh lol rgr that.  Yeah we are talking about two different places.  When I get to my pc in 2 weeks I'll post pics up of exactly where I'm talking about and the targets out on the range.

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2015, 03:09:44 am »

Hooves

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2015, 05:51:21 am »

Nice!  How do I get that from you?  ALso is there a chance you can show it from a few different angles?  Its hard to tell but at the ramp is do the roads go up hill t connect to it? 

If that is the case is there currently a way to flatten an entire area to then place runway type things in tha space?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 09:21:03 pm by Hooves »

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2015, 07:59:06 am »

Nice!  How do I get that from you? 

Here :)