User mods, screenshots & videos > Scenery

Nellis range?

(1/3) > >>

Hooves:
Hey there, has anyone attempted to make the Nellis range with Creech AFB?  It seems like an Ideal place to try and make something as there isnt much out there as far as city to recreate, and the highway running by it is a straight shot to vegas.

PytonPago:

... seems an interesting place ...

Acetone:
I have some experience with crossing runways, and let me tell you it's really hard to make these properly right now.
I will test it today, if the terrain is flat enough, it can maybe be done :)

HiFlyer:

--- Quote from: Acetone on May 29, 2015, 03:41:00 am ---I have some experience with crossing runways, and let me tell you it's really hard to make these properly right now.

--- End quote ---

Yup, crossing runways is a nightmare. When I tried it a few times I was wishing there was an accurate tool for setting the two runways at the same height, as well as a soft merge. I was trying to make some really big runways for the heavies.  =|

Acetone:

--- Quote from: HiFlyer on May 29, 2015, 04:32:30 am ---
--- Quote from: Acetone on May 29, 2015, 03:41:00 am ---I have some experience with crossing runways, and let me tell you it's really hard to make these properly right now.

--- End quote ---

Yup, crossing runways is a nightmare. When I tried it a few times I was wishing there was an accurate tool for setting the two runways at the same height, as well as a soft merge. I was trying to make some really big runways for the heavies.  =|

--- End quote ---

If the terrain is flat enough, you can set a precise altitude in the road tool before creating the runway. Runway slope is generated from a difference between the first and the last waypoint elevation (with a maximum slope), so if the terrain is flat enough, you can get a soft merge without even having to move some road segments :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version