Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Guide to WW II Hangars.  (Read 46023 times)

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
Re: Guide to WW II Hangars.
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2015, 04:06:13 pm »

nice photos ! ...  P-47 ... and there is the main body of another US plane, as well as a Willys jeep ..  but i think its a post-war photo, that guy has much looking soviet or czech/slovak helmet and a coat looking like one from that region. Also that brittish bomber ( or recoon plane ? - still the british mark is weathered, but visible non the less ). Seems like some hangar for research purposes to look trough the allied tech, or last resort push to get all they had in the air, including those machines.
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Revolver

• Adlerhorst-Hangar Design Group ©
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2016, 03:52:17 pm »

Hi,

got the hangar finally done, but I do not like how I did the Bum-Map. Anyone who has to say what, or change it, can send me PM for templates etc.

DOWNLOAD LW HANGAR TYP-B

LW_Hangar_Typ-B.Revolver.otx

"Es gibt nur eine Sünde, die gegen die ganze Menschheit mit allen ihren Geschlechtern begangen
werden kann, und dies ist die Verfälschung der Geschichte."(F.Hebbel)

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2016, 05:51:53 pm »

Hi, AH-DG! Nice job!!!

looking at your normap map (T_Segment_n) I see you have you rotated sections of this (once it was baked) in photoshop.

The information in the green channel must be from up-down.
The information in the red chanel, from left-right.

Then your method of compression may flip the channels. In the compresonator is "ATI2N (Alternate XY Suizzle)", but the information any way, on each chanel, must be in one of two directions: up-down OR left-right... And at least in this normal map you have mixed information.

Here you have two different sections of the green chanel:

"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

Revolver

« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2016, 02:17:18 am »

Hi, AH-DG! Nice job!!!

looking at your normap map (T_Segment_n) I see you have you rotated sections of this (once it was baked) in photoshop.

The information in the green channel must be from up-down.
The information in the red chanel, from left-right.

Then your method of compression may flip the channels. In the compresonator is "ATI2N (Alternate XY Suizzle)", but the information any way, on each chanel, must be in one of two directions: up-down OR left-right... And at least in this normal map you have mixed information.

Here you have two different sections of the green chanel:

Hi KW71,

yes probably it was exactly as you say. But I'm already tired of this whole rotations, because I would have to place the rafters. If you want to continue, I can
give you all the templates + model and you can correct it.
Your tip (green / red ... etc) I'll remember ... thank you! ;)

Gruß,
Stefan
"Es gibt nur eine Sünde, die gegen die ganze Menschheit mit allen ihren Geschlechtern begangen

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2016, 12:27:36 pm »

I appreciate it, , but right now I'm really busy with other stuff, and I need to focus on them.

A work around for this problematics sections would be, once you have identified them, swap red & green channel just in those regions.
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

Revolver

« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2016, 01:38:45 am »

I want to clarify. I have to turn the UV-Mapping to the right result is achieved? ::)

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2016, 09:44:32 am »

I want to clarify. I have to turn the UV-Mapping to the right result is achieved? ::)

When you originally bake your normal map (or create it from a gray-scale image in other application), commonly the green channel go up-down, and the red channel left-right (at least you specify differently in that application).

After that, I would recommend you compress it using the Compressonator: 1.- create the mipmaps, 2.- compress it as "ATI2N (Alternate XY Suizzle)" which will swap the green and red channels (now green will go right-left, and red up-down), and 3.- save the compressed version. The final file wont have alpha channel (yours have it), wich is not necessary and just increase the file size.

After all this you still could have a small issue with the green channel inverted; in that case, you can just select this channel in photoshop (in your uncompressed image) and invert it... Then you go to the Compressonator process again...

The most important thing here is to take care each channel go in one, and only in one direction.

Hope this help.   :)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 09:49:56 am by KW71 »

Revolver

« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2016, 01:52:49 pm »

Ok, thanks ... will try. ;)

Revolver

« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2016, 10:19:03 am »

So, have been revised. While it is not yet finished (white paint drops), but something like it will be. :)

« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 10:23:53 am by AH-DG »

Revolver

« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2016, 10:39:29 am »

Know anybody about it, why warped at this point so? In 3dr Max is displayed correctly and I have these parts again subjected UVW mapping. So it must have taken place when FBX upload.  =| :(

« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 10:54:59 am by AH-DG »

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2016, 10:54:00 am »

Where a person communication is why at this point so warped? In 3dr Max is displayed correctly and I have these parts again subjected UVW mapping. So it must have taken place when FBX upload.  =| :(

May be a triangulation problem. When you export to .fbx, in the exporter gui, under geometry, do you have selected "triangulate" and "preserve edge orientation"?

Revolver

« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2016, 10:56:53 am »

May be a triangulation problem. When you export to .fbx, in the exporter gui, under geometry, do you have selected "triangulate" and "preserve edge orientation"?

No I did not. I give it a try the same.

Revolver

« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2016, 11:11:12 am »

So, as I have in 3rd Max exported to FBX ...

the above problem in OT remains the same...wtf... =|

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2016, 11:43:50 am »

So, as I have in 3rd Max exported to FBX ...

the above problem in OT remains the same...wtf... =|

????

Ich sprechen nicht deutsch.

Only

Guten morgen, guten tag, moment mal, achtung & the benzin tank is leer...  :))

_____

Do you have skype? Send me a P.M. with your adress... I guess will be easy to solve.

Revolver

« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2016, 11:54:44 am »

I have only version Germany ... and no, I do not have Skype ...

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5