Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: You gota make some planes flyable in demo  (Read 6651 times)

bomber

You gota make some planes flyable in demo
« on: June 05, 2015, 05:48:50 pm »

Guys the topic says it all... it's a little impossible for me to build up interest in flight modelling and a sim within outerra if people can't fly it as a demo....

A truck doesn't cut the mustard I'm afraid
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

HiFlyer

Re: You gota make some planes flyable in demo
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2015, 06:30:32 pm »

Guys the topic says it all... it's a little impossible for me to build up interest in flight modelling and a sim within outerra if people can't fly it as a demo....

A truck doesn't cut the mustard I'm afraid

I believe you have a point. But can it be selectively done so that only some planes are available, or is one of those situations where once you open the door, its wide open and everything is available?
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2015, 07:53:13 pm »

I also think you got a point.
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2015, 01:41:40 am »

It was actually planned for some time to have a plane (likely the Cessna) available in the demo as well. It ought to be done with the update of the UI, with new objects spawner.

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2015, 03:31:57 am »

I believe you have a point. But can it be selectively done so that only some planes are available, or is one of those situations where once you open the door, its wide open and everything is available?

Adding the Cessna (and the advanced FDM version of the Cessna) could be a good idea. Mig/Apache and most especially modded planes should stay under the paywall, but I agree with everyone here, I've seen several people saying that they don't want to buy the alpha access because they can't test the planes.

bomber

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2015, 04:18:05 am »

Well then that's OK then..

If I can make a suggestion,  when I log on it checks if there are any updates, why not have free to play weekends where all objects can be used and then come Monday back to having to have a full version
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

bomber

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2015, 09:01:05 am »

Also if you are thinking of going a limited plane release using the cesna,  and possibly the new fdm, can you give us a heads up so as we can sort out some of the issues such as reverse rudder, animation etc. (not that we won't in time)

I'd also suggest the Ask 13, not cause yet again it's my fdm, but because it's a bridge between here and flightgear... I appreciate you might not be interested in FG and I'm not looking to recruit from there but we do have jsbsim in common and having a relationship with their jsbsim modellers can't do any harm..

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2015, 01:25:52 pm »

Sure, but there's time until we sort it out on our side anyway.

But we'd have to obtain the rights to distribute all the necessary files first.

bomber

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2015, 04:16:27 pm »

The ask13 is GPL and I'm holding up my side of the bargain with flightgear by releasing fdm updates there as here...

Uriah

• Global Moderator
  • We do these things not because they are easy. -JFK
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2015, 11:12:51 pm »

I definitely agree that there should be at least the C172 flyable for free in the tech demo. Once people get a feel for that, they might be more inclined to purchase in order to fly the MiG-29, and of course all of Levi's ported aircraft!  8)

Regards,
Uriah