Outerra Engine > Development screen shots and videos

Honey I shrank the planet

<< < (2/2)

cameni:

--- Quote from: John514 on July 07, 2015, 05:22:02 am ---Interesting. So smaller bodies can now be made. How about bigger planets and rings?

--- End quote ---

Obviously this would not be used for gas giants, which only need cloudy atmosphere. But I can scale the planet up as well, here 16x:

Hard to assess the size from the screenshots alone, other than from where the haze occurs (at 100km) and the curvature not visible until much higher than usually. It can be felt in motion, even at high altitude it's like you were flying over a huge plane and not a sphere. Its surface is 256 times larger than current Earth's landmass.

Interestingly, the size of this world is now bigger than the surface area of Minecraft up to its usable limit (~30,000km until you hit precision problems).

PytonPago:

--- Quote from: cameni on July 07, 2015, 09:45:47 am ---Its surface is 256 times larger than current Earth's landmass.

Interestingly, the size of this world is now bigger than the surface area of Minecraft up to its usable limit (~30,000km until you hit precision problems).

--- End quote ---

"... Because Jupiter is made of gas, mostly, its surface is considered uniform. As such, it lacks high and low points — mountains and valleys — such as those found on rocky terrestrial planets." - Dont think the height-data would be too much complicated (aside that he´s a oblate spheroid - broather in the equator, thinner from pole to pole), maybe even a 1km resolution would be enough.  =D But if ya ewer make Jupiter, do let us go into the storm atmosphere ... i just like to fly there.

... pff, first man on Mars ... ill be the first on Jupiter 8) .... or on the big yellow guy ...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version