Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: New sandbox editor  (Read 22558 times)

pasto

New sandbox editor
« on: July 18, 2015, 04:14:40 am »

Here is the link:

Basically what has been done so far:

- new UI framework to render dialogs (Javascript)
- sketch API to draw lines, images (C++)
- new 3D scene widget framework (Javascript)
- new camera controller to better suite the editing needs (non-linear zoom, smooth transition between different panning modes for different zoom levels, automatic / manual focus point)
- basic select / multiselect
- cursor showing elevation, distance, current axes
- camera / environment / time settings
- new entity / object browser with possibility to place objects
- object move operation with basic snapping (protractor / compass), cloning
- 3 different operating modes (copy terrain elevation / keep the sea level / align with object axis)

We have also migrated some of the dialogs to the new UI framework:

- location browser (already released)
- fbx importer
- object browser
- key binding editor

As there is still quite some work to be done to have all the functionality of the old UI, we will release the new sand box as a WIP in parallel to the old sand box. We would like to do it as soon as we have it stable, hopefully within next 1-2 weeks.

Some more pics (http://imgur.com/a/GeLTX):

« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 05:55:31 am by cameni »

necro

• google+ Blog
Re: New sandbox editor
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 04:23:55 am »

Wow, thats really impressive!

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2015, 04:27:24 am »

Awesome! I'm lovin' it!

booz

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2015, 04:30:30 am »

!!!! Woooww.... impatient !!!!!

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2015, 04:31:42 am »

✓ Nice UI
✓✓✓✓✓ Object cloning
✓ Multiselect
✓ Info on cursors
✓ All useful tools/data in the same window

→ That's fantastic!

Looks like my WIP scenery tutorial will need some updates :)

HiFlyer

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2015, 04:55:53 am »

Looks good.  :)
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Varldsligist

• Long time x, first time y
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2015, 06:40:20 am »

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2015, 11:22:19 am »

PAstO!
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

Revolver

• Adlerhorst-Hangar Design Group ©
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2015, 12:22:26 pm »

Aaaaa ... very good, Pasto! On something I've been waiting soooooO long ...
Thank you very much! :)
"Es gibt nur eine Sünde, die gegen die ganze Menschheit mit allen ihren Geschlechtern begangen
werden kann, und dies ist die Verfälschung der Geschichte."(F.Hebbel)

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2015, 01:31:29 pm »

Bravo, pasto!!!

Looks great!!! Thank you very much for this!!!
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2015, 03:43:59 pm »

A little menu ... will there be some Sub-menu extnsion for obiects, that have several versions ? ... i mean, like the Tatra vehicle - if another version (as there are two) are defined in the same directory, it could open up a sub-menu, that will give the options for its variations - this way, even for my ural, jus one would be shown in the main menu, but all its variations, defined whytein its folder, would show up in the sub-menu ... would clean up the main-manu up a lot
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

pasto

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2015, 03:37:58 am »

Currently the objects are grouped by skins and packages so in these cases it should create a folder like structure if there is more than one item in the folder and together there are more than predefined number of items that  satisfy the filter.

PytonPago

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2015, 04:40:16 am »

Currently the objects are grouped by skins and packages so in these cases it should create a folder like structure if there is more than one item in the folder and together there are more than predefined number of items that  satisfy the filter.

Has right ... (didnt really mention that entities pannel in the first screen) ... great news then ! Stil, is there an thought about somehow differentiate pure skin-difference and a model-set difference ? Lets say you have 3 skinns and so you have 3 .objdef files there in the folder, but yet, there is also another variant (the tatra with and without the bed or more complex stuff like that Ural of mine) ... it will be, as it is now, each of those variants (each with its own .objdef) also dumped into this sub-class together with the purely skin-differentiaded ones.  For me now its ok, but if one day someone would like to extend it to 1st "foldering" as variants of the model and 2nd as diffenent skins of one of the variants ? (this would probably need a change in the .objdef file definition parameters - adding something saying if its ust a skin and of witch variant, or an else variant)  ... its probably true, that in real-life, no one does models the way i did the Ural and different variants are then just imported each as a different package (meaning, its probably useless to try doing such a thing, creating just an annoying parameter), still maybe differentiating ground-vehicles in the future would come along anyway (diggers, sport/racing cars/ tracked vehicles etc.   or aircraft into propeller/jet-engine like separation), so do you have any ideas into the future for this ? (if your aim will be to do such a thing someday for the combined simulator maybe)

... or just something searchable maybe ... a section for "key-words" that would each content-creator add in the .objdef and the menu search-engine would just look up all fitting objects for it. Such a mini-google purely for the content installed.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 05:03:32 am by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2015, 09:24:57 am »

... or just something searchable maybe ... a section for "key-words" that would each content-creator add in the .objdef and the menu search-engine would just look up all fitting objects for it. Such a mini-google purely for the content installed.
I think this is already there. Look at the screenshot with the Object Browser, there's a search-box on top where you can enter keywords to filter the objects. And I guess that the search engine/filter is looking at the tags inside .objdef files.
You already can add tags in your .objdef files btw:
Code: [Select]
"tags" : "ural"

PytonPago

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2015, 12:29:37 pm »

I think this is already there. Look at the screenshot with the Object Browser, there's a search-box on top where you can enter keywords to filter the objects. And I guess that the search engine/filter is looking at the tags inside .objdef files.
You already can add tags in your .objdef files btw:
Code: [Select]
"tags" : "ural"

Oh .. than its all ok ... (man im blind today)

Pages: [1] 2